F1 chatter #49

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just listened to the commentators explain and it and then went and read it in writing but I still have no clue wtf this Indycar million dollar event is today.πŸ˜… I think I'm just watching for Pato for vibes only because yeah, the rules of this event are πŸ« πŸ™ƒ

Reactions: 6
I just listened to the commentators explain and it and then went and read it in writing but I still have no clue wtf this Indycar million dollar event is today.πŸ˜… I think I'm just watching for Pato for vibes only because yeah, the rules of this event are πŸ« πŸ™ƒ
I have absolutely no idea what is happening. All I've worked out is that it means Pato can just put his foot down and drive fast. Which is his preferred driving style.
---
Well Heat 1 started in chaos, was more like the F2 sprint race start with cars not making turn 1 without a crash.
---
Just another baffling thing about this IndyCar event.

It's called $1 Million Challenge, except the prize pot is a total of $1.75m, and the race winner only actually wins $500k. Doesn't even make sense IndyCar.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I have absolutely no idea what is happening. All I've worked out is that it means Pato can just put his foot down and drive fast. Which is his preferred driving style.
---
Well Heat 1 started in chaos, was more like the F2 sprint race start with cars not making turn 1 without a crash.
---

It's called $1 Million Challenge, except the prize pot is a total of $1.75m, and the race winner only actually wins $500k. Doesn't even make sense IndyCar.
Yeah so far I'm going with its just a series of multiple 10 lap F2 sprint races in a very dusty place that's just up the road from Palm Springs. In my one trip across the pond I did actually visit Palm Springs (to go up the mountain in the cable car and then go to Joshua Tree) and all I remember is that the place was full of old folks with skin the colour/texture of leather handbags (I guess rich old folks can afford the cost of treating all the melanomas that must happen from all that sun exposure) and that I had a really good sandwich from a place there that I ate at the Joshua Tree Natural Park πŸ˜…

• Haha
It's called $1 Million Challenge, except the prize pot is a total of $1.75m, and the race winner only actually wins $500k.
this is the most indycar thing i have ever read 🀣
---
Yeah so far I'm going with its just a series of multiple 10 lap F2 sprint races in a very dusty place that's just up the road from Palm Springs. In my one trip across the pond I did actually visit Palm Springs (to go up the mountain in the cable car and then go to Joshua Tree) and all I remember is that the place was full of old folks with skin the colour/texture of leather handbags (I guess rich old folks can afford the cost of treating all the melanomas that must happen from all that sun exposure) and that I had a really good sandwich from a place there that I ate at the Joshua Tree Natural Park πŸ˜…
the way they keep saying EXOTIC LOCATION and that there isn’t ANOTHER PLACE IN THE WORLD that loves motorsport this much is killing me 🀣

i want to like indycar but it’s hard when it’s so american and i only care about pato.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
For me this isn't working as a viewing experience.

A normal IndyCar race is generally a very tight, close racing affair. In less than 10 laps, given there was a caution period, the 12 cars are spread over 25 seconds. There isn't enough close racing for this sprint race format to work as a viewing experience.
---
this is the most indycar thing i have ever read 🀣
---

the way they keep saying EXOTIC LOCATION and that there isn’t ANOTHER PLACE IN THE WORLD that loves motorsport this much is killing me 🀣

i want to like indycar but it’s hard when it’s so american and i only care about pato.
Pato is the only one that matters.

Although I do want his other boyfriend Felix Rosenqvist to do well because I know that would make Pato happy.

---
---

If i understood everything, each Indycar driver is "paired" with one member of the Thermal club. And the driver who will win will have 500k for him/his team and "his" Thermal member will have 500k too so 1 million in total πŸ˜… And the remaining 750k are for all the other drivers and rich people πŸ˜‚
---
Why do these 10 laps races feels like they are going on for 3h already ?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4

Didn’t see this on the pre-race stuff so not sure when it was shown in tv

I've just saw someone on Tiktok say Rebecca looks like George and honestly I can't unsee it now.😭😭😭

1000007818.png
1000007819.png

I’ve learnt my lesson and I’ll be an early riser for Suzuka!
Same, for some reason my Sundays on work are always seeming to be race days which is a pain. Early wake up for China and Suzuka before work. Genuinely considering putting requests for race days off going forward πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.