F1 chatter #49

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He'd have been a major asset to Indycar. He'd have gave the series major popularity. Look at how popular Romain Grosjean is in Indycar and Daniel's wayyyyy more popular than him.
exactly!! daniel is a marketing team’s dream too (and already has a huge us following, and was basically the “star” of dts) - any team would have been falling over themselves to get him and i honestly feel like he would have gotten a lot out of it. he genuinely seems to love the us for a start. i’ve said it before though, i think having a management team of his bros has never helped him in terms of making career decisions.

Reactions: 7
exactly!! daniel is a marketing team’s dream too (and already has a huge us following, and was basically the “star” of dts) - any team would have been falling over themselves to get him and i honestly feel like he would have gotten a lot out of it. he genuinely seems to love the us for a start. i’ve said it before though, i think having a management team of his bros has never helped him in terms of making career decisions.
If he really wanted to go to IndyCar I bet McLaren would've probably given him a drive at their team as part of his exit settlement so they could all save face. But he's burnt his F1 chances, and I don't see IndyCar looking to him as an option anymore even if he did become receptive to IndyCar now.

Reactions: 9
Unfortunately i think he was just too greedy and that Indy wasn't paying enough for his *high standards*. He should have stay in Renault, the team was beeing buil around him. He was their star and have all the spots on him but he decided to leave them for more money and we see how it went.

If he really wanted to go to IndyCar I bet McLaren would've probably given him a drive at their team as part of his exit settlement so they could all save face. But he's burnt his F1 chances, and I don't see IndyCar looking to him as an option anymore even if he did become receptive to IndyCar now.
the rumour was that zak made him that offer, wasn’t it? i could absolutely have seen it (it would have worked for both parties imo) but, like you say, the moment is gone now.

i genuinely don’t mind danny ricc but it’s a career just full of him making the wrong decisions at the wrong time or believing his own hype. everything post rb (the first time) could have been so different for him. for one, he should have stayed at renault.
---
Unfortunately i think he was just too greedy and that Indy wasn't paying enough for his *high standards*. He should have stay in Renault, the team was beeing buil around him. He was their star and have all the spots on him but he decided to leave them for more money and we see how it goes.
agreed, sadly. this is why having a team of your friends doesn’t work!! he’s always been chasing more, rather than considering the options he actually had.

Still no decision on the Oscar/George incident... What is taking them so long ? 🙄

Reactions: 3
the rumour was that zak made him that offer, wasn’t it? i could absolutely have seen it (it would have worked for both parties imo) but, like you say, the moment is gone now.

i genuinely don’t mind danny ricc but it’s a career just full of him making the wrong decisions at the wrong time or believing his own hype. everything post rb (the first time) could have been so different for him. for one, he should have stayed at renault.
---

agreed, sadly. this is why having a team of your friends doesn’t work!! he’s always been chasing more, rather than considering the options he actually had.
I quite liked him but some of his fans were (and still are) insufferable during the mclaren days and some of his déclarations he made made me dislike him more and more...
I am not saying i am enjoying his downfall, i find it rather sad, but i can't help but think this is a bit of karma
---
Oh i didn't noticed that the Paris-Roubaix was starting now. I guess i won't take a nap this afternoon after all 😂

Unfortunately i think he was just too greedy and that Indy wasn't paying enough for his *high standards*. He should have stay in Renault, the team was beeing buil around him. He was their star and have all the spots on him but he decided to leave them for more money and we see how it went.
Karma for breaking Cyril's heart
ebb8-83e2-950e-4070bad8575a_3b0e37426471a88dfe106d24b3e09bf0357f4190-278x185.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 12
bleeping hell I passed out again before the end of the race then my doorbell went a few hours later. I totally forgot my dad was coming here to leave his bag at mine before going to the football 😭

me hearing the doorbell in my sleep deprived state
1000042790.png

And of course he stormed in like "CROC, HAVE YOU BEEN ASLEEP ALL MORNING?? WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING?" 📢

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I don't know if he is delusional or just desperate because there is no way a Mercedes would have end up on the podium today 😅

• Haha
I don't know if he is delusional or just desperate because there is no way a Mercedes would have end up on the podium today 😅

well cannabis is now legal in Germany since Monday - maybe he smoked too much to be that delusional 😂 (know he’s neither German nor living in Germany)

so what do we think are Carlos options after todays race? Any chance for the RB seat?
Fernando‘s best would be to stay at AM or a retirement on the horizon?
If Carlos doesn’t get the AM nor RB seat, going for the highest salary as any title / winning is out of the window until at least 26? Audi?

• Haha
well cannabis is now legal in Germany since Monday - maybe he smoked too much to be that delusional 😂 (know he’s neither German nor living in Germany)

so what do we think are Carlos options after todays race? Any chance for the RB seat?
If Carlos doesn’t get the AM nor RB seat, going for the highest salary as any title / winning is out of the window until at least 26? Audi?
Sergio is putting up a hell of a fight to keep that RB seat, if he keeps performing well as a no.2 all season, I can't see RB dropping Sergio. If he falls off the level, then RB should look at Carlos as a very good option.

Reactions: 8
Sergio is putting up a hell of a fight to keep that RB seat, if he keeps performing well as a no.2 all season, I can't see RB dropping Sergio. If he falls off the level, then RB should look at Carlos as a very good option.
But Carlos is a better long term prospect for RBR if Max jumps ship or decides to give it all up

I am waiting a bit more to make my opinion about Checo. Let's not forget that last year after 4 races he had 2 wins, a 2nd place and a 5th place. It all went to hell after Miami where, i think, he didn't expect Max to come back and beat him so easily.
So i will waited until the summer break to make my decision

Max.won't go anywhere. He's hardly going to go to Merc with the car being a tit as it is. I think they will stick Antonelli in that seat to give him a years experience before the regs change, Toto won't risk missing out on the next big thing. Checo will stay....he's Horners bro now. Lawson will go to RB...probably around this summer tbh. Fernando ain't going anywhere so unless they bin Lance I think Carlos might be seatless until Audi. Logan will go but they will stick a rookie in that seat, pretty sure Carlos wouldn't consider it anyway. Crazy because he's driving so well but that's how I see it 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 8
Just watched highlights, what a snooze fest 😴

It’s painful to watch Daniel’s downfall, I feel like he needs putting out of his misery by Marko at this point😬 I don’t feel too badly for him though as he’s a multimillionaire after all 😂

Hornbag is a big fat liar getting my hopes up that his times were matching Max 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I am waiting a bit more to make my opinion about Checo. Let's not forget that last year after 4 races he had 2 wins, a 2nd place and a 5th place. It all went to hell after Miami where, i think, he didn't expect Max to come back and beat him so easily.
So i will waited until the summer break to make my decision
Max.won't go anywhere. He's hardly going to go to Merc with the car being a tit as it is. I think they will stick Antonelli in that seat to give him a years experience before the regs change, Toto won't risk missing out on the next big thing. Checo will stay....he's Horners bro now. Lawson will go to RB...probably around this summer tbh. Fernando ain't going anywhere so unless they bin Lance I think Carlos might be seatless until Audi. Logan will go but they will stick a rookie in that seat, pretty sure Carlos wouldn't consider it anyway. Crazy because he's driving so well but that's how I see it 🤷🏻‍♀️
I also think that Max won't go anywhere, this is the thing I am most sure of out of all matters that are still unclear.

Merc's strategy is a mystery to me atm, because I don't know if Toto is bluffing and wants everyone to believe they are signing Kimi for 2025 to soften Carlos' position in the negotiations or not, I am not even sure if Merc/Carlos' negotiations are a thing. I also have no idea what Carlos' standpoint now is - I think it might have been changing as the season progresses. Him being seen with Helmut this weekend twice might also be a sign of bluffing (if he wants to go to Merc and wants them to believe they need to fight for him more) or be a pure accident.

Checo is a more secure choice for RB in a sense that he will not question his position in the team anymore. On the other hand, Carlos seems to be more consistent than Checo at the moment and he is younger, it looks like he is reaching his peak form, so he might not give them form surprises like Checo does. But if he eyes Audi (and RB do not fear Max leaving suddenly after 2025 or 2026, he is more risk because he will try to fight Max, it will destabilise the team so Checo is a safer choice in these terms. But after Lewis to Ferrari nothing will shock me I think* even RB throwing out Checo for Carlos. (*Maybe Carlos taking VCarb in Daniel's place would surprise me 😅)

As I mentioned before, and at the moment I am still of this opinion, that Carlos is in tricky place because he is too strong for "weaker" teams (maybe also financially) and at the same time no stronger team is in need of the 1st driver. I am curious how it will all play out.
---
I missed this earlier. Now we know red suits him for sure 🤣
Bonus points for better pants and red, but what fish are you going to hunt for in this fishing vest Lewis :ROFLMAO:
---
I ALWAYS NOTICE U

coming back to this - does he seriously think people do not notice his efforts? 🥺
in retrospect, he did have a good race, given qualifying position, your time with a win will come Cupcake!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.