F1 chatter #49

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
LANDO IS BUT A STEP TO SHARL 🤣 (plus i’ll take bla and stephen with me obviously)

that cough gets me everytime. they were choking but still DETERMINED to finish saying leclerc. by them i of course mean me.
This scream abilities will be very useful on Maranello trip when we will need to catch ALL of Sharl's attention. Before handing you over to him (in a snowsuit) :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Minttu, I’m also more vertically challenged than Yuki and cannot walk in heels without either twisting my ankle, slipping, or falling over (or all 3) 😭
These are what I wear as my “fancy” sandals. I have them in a nude colour as well.
View attachment 2859787
There is a high street brand in the UK, New Look, where I usually get my “fancy” shoes from if you want to check if they have anything there that you like the look of (I’ve just checked on their website and they have a lot of black suedette block heeled sandals)?
Let me just start this by saying that I love how "More vertical challenged than Yuki now is a thing. To my advantage (or disadvantaged), my number is 153cm/4"9'ft and has been since I was about 17(Even after 11 years, I am dreaming of the growth spurt everyone else got 😂)

I will 100% check out the shoes❤ Thank you!! If I don't have them when I go on my first or second vacation, I will defintetly buy them on my third, which is in London 😂 (I wasn't even planning on travelling this much this year, but my host family from the US is in going on a London/England trip, so I need to go se them when they are so close🙈)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Minttu, I’m also more vertically challenged than Yuki and cannot walk in heels without either twisting my ankle, slipping, or falling over (or all 3) 😭
These are what I wear as my “fancy” sandals. I have them in a nude colour as well.
View attachment 2859787
There is a high street brand in the UK, New Look, where I usually get my “fancy” shoes from if you want to check if they have anything there that you like the look of (I’ve just checked on their website and they have a lot of black suedette block heeled sandals)?
more vertically challenged than yuki 🤣

i LOVE new look shoes so this is 👏🏻👏🏻 advice - they have so much choice too!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
It was the new book that made it into a dream day, right? 😂 Was planning on buying this one for Easter, because its based on my favorite book series ever. The author who wrote my favorite series died a couple of years back, and this is an homage to one of the characters from that series, written by another author. She's doing a decent job at capturing the essence of the original, and at the same time doing her own thing 🥰(Still think I could have written something even better at 13 myself, when I wrote this kind of thing. But who am I to judge)

Second glass of wine now, and it's a big one, might fall asleep after it 😂
---
Okay, I need some help from you all, I am desperate to find one type of shoe close to what I just tossed in the garbage yesterday (Most trusted shoes I've ever had, lasted for almost ten years, but couldn't handle my friends wedding, and yesterday's fun awards).
If you come across ANYTHING similar to a hybrid of these two shoes, let me know where, I don't even care where it is and how much it cost. I am more vertically challenged than Yuki, and I have had multiple broken bones in my foot, so I am not compromising on my comfort for the hours I will be wearing a high heeled shoe anymore.. (As a funfact, there is NO sizes of regular pumps for me, because I would need a 35.5EUR/3.5UK, and that is impossible to find.) The struggle is real 😂

A block heel ish like the first one(could be even more squared), and a strap like the second one. And preferably in a suede material and black. I am almost desperate.
View attachment 2859698View attachment 2859699
These are so expensive BUT they ship worldwide and the sizes start at EU35. They don't have half sizes though! I have them in EU40 and I'm between a 39 and 40 and they fit perfectly. I don't wear them that often but I don't dread wearing them because they are comfortable... As far as heels go 😂 if I'm going to a wedding or wearing them for the whole day, I'll usually bring a change of shoes tbh. I also added a padded insole type thing to make them more comfortable!

There's a bunch of different styles and colours and some sizes can go out of stock quickly but you just have to keep checking for your size

• Heart
Let me just start this by saying that I love how "More vertical challenged than Yuki now is a thing. To my advantage (or disadvantaged), my number is 153cm/4"9'ft and has been since I was about 17(Even after 11 years, I am dreaming of the growth spurt everyone else got 😂)

I will 100% check out the shoes❤ Thank you!! If I don't have them when I go on my first or second vacation, I will defintetly buy them on my third, which is in London 😂 (I wasn't even planning on travelling this much this year, but my host family from the US is in going on a London/England trip, so I need to go se them when they are so close🙈)
I describe myself as being 150cm / (5’0” on a good day) 😂. I stopped growing when I was 12 though and all of my friends at school carried on growing without me 😭

Love that you’re coming to England! Conversely, we’re planning a trip to Norway later this year to see the Northern Lights (as they’re supposed to be stronger this year I think?)

Oh man. I missed Quali because I snoozed my alarm in my sleep and woke up late. Sky Sports are showing the full thing at 3:15pm so I thought I’ll catch that but may have to miss some of the first bit as I’ve got some errands to run, so I’ll watch Channel 4’s highlights to fill in any gaps. Now your comment is making me have second (and third) thoughts about if I should even bother with any of it? 🙈
Quoting myself by way of an update. I’m back from my errands. I bought 3 new books today (2 from a charity shop in excellent condition still).
Catching up on Quali now and caught the tail-end of Q2. Go Yuki!! He is as mighty as he is small.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
ooooh, this was today's outfit (I am ignoring the pants, nothing new):) this top looks super cosy though
9c1cafccfbc107ab0b42dc082a3ed5256eeb7bd2.jpg
b347d9227011cfa3ebd7ce9bf5ffd4bc13deb6ba.jpg

---
These are so expensive BUT they ship worldwide and the sizes start at EU35. They don't have half sizes though! I have them in EU40 and I'm between a 39 and 40 and they fit perfectly. I don't wear them that often but I don't dread wearing them because they are comfortable... As far as heels go 😂 if I'm going to a wedding or wearing them for the whole day, I'll usually bring a change of shoes tbh. I also added a padded insole type thing to make them more comfortable!

There's a bunch of different styles and colours and some sizes can go out of stock quickly but you just have to keep checking for your size
great choice of colors on that website, I am checking it out of curiosity - I usually don't wear heels, I had a phase but it ended with my knee not liking it🤣 so I ended up wearing either flat or wedge shoes -if that is correct name - but the ones you posted look really cool and the purple version is speaking to me through screen :LOL:
---
not birthday boy Oscar learning from Lando how to criticise himself 😭😭😭
don't be too harsh to yourself Oscar!

---
and last but not least, close ups of that cute outfits, I love this , the dad's shirt 🤣

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I describe myself as being 150cm / (5’0” on a good day) 😂. I stopped growing when I was 12 though and all of my friends at school carried on growing without me 😭

Love that you’re coming to England! Conversely, we’re planning a trip to Norway later this year to see the Northern Lights (as they’re supposed to be stronger this year I think?)
I love how we both have the same irony about being short Queens :coronation:
One of my favorite things to say is: "Watch it, or I'll jump up and bite your knee", because I am short😂

I say 17, but it was probably before that I stopped growing, I just feel like I might gained a couple of centimeters from that whole year, but that might just be my self irony and ego (Which is double the size of me, I'd like to add😂)

And now over to the northern lights, my favorite activity in the garden 😂 The northern lights has been in a very active stage these last two years, at least my two winters up here. It was even more active the first year (I almost drove of the road on my birthday while chasing them 😂). This winter it has been a little on and off with activity, not to say we haven't had some amazing nights with Aurora, and we have had a couple of solar storms, and until 2025 it is predicted to be more of them, so the activity should be there, and as long as the conditions are there too, it should be great.

Just don't go go Oslo or Bergen and expect to see them, head up to Tromsø or further north for the best chances.

Enjoy to see Aurora dance, I am like a kid every time she does, this picture is taken in October this year, and we just had another round of it during Easter🤩 I hope you'll see it when your trip comes arround, as there is never a guarantee 😅
20231021_002530.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Decisions decisions whether to get up 2 and a half hours early to watch the race before work or just catch up after I finish. Hmm?

Bloody pain getting put on Sunday shifts on race days
---
Okay, I need some help from you all, I am desperate to find one type of shoe close to what I just tossed in the garbage yesterday (Most trusted shoes I've ever had, lasted for almost ten years, but couldn't handle my friends wedding, and yesterday's fun awards).
If you come across ANYTHING similar to a hybrid of these two shoes, let me know where, I don't even care where it is and how much it cost. I am more vertically challenged than Yuki, and I have had multiple broken bones in my foot, so I am not compromising on my comfort for the hours I will be wearing a high heeled shoe anymore.. (As a funfact, there is NO sizes of regular pumps for me, because I would need a 35.5EUR/3.5UK, and that is impossible to find.) The struggle is real 😂

A block heel ish like the first one(could be even more squared), and a strap like the second one. And preferably in a suede material and black. I am almost desperate
Mango have half sizes in the teen section. It's mostly the chunky heels type they have in stock.

• Heart
Thank you for the lovely comments about my stall - it was a lovey morning. Sold a few bits and had some lovely comments

in bed now to try and get some sleep before an early start!!! We can do it 💪

• Heart
I love how we both have the same irony about being short Queens :coronation:
One of my favorite things to say is: "Watch it, or I'll jump up and bite your knee", because I am short😂

I say 17, but it was probably before that I stopped growing, I just feel like I might gained a couple of centimeters from that whole year, but that might just be my self irony and ego (Which is double the size of me, I'd like to add😂)

And now over to the northern lights, my favorite activity in the garden 😂 The northern lights has been in a very active stage these last two years, at least my two winters up here. It was even more active the first year (I almost drove of the road on my birthday while chasing them 😂). This winter it has been a little on and off with activity, not to say we haven't had some amazing nights with Aurora, and we have had a couple of solar storms, and until 2025 it is predicted to be more of them, so the activity should be there, and as long as the conditions are there too, it should be great.

Just don't go go Oslo or Bergen and expect to see them, head up to Tromsø or further north for the best chances.

Enjoy to see Aurora dance, I am like a kid every time she does, this picture is taken in October this year, and we just had another round of it during Easter🤩 I hope you'll see it when your trip comes arround, as there is never a guarantee 😅
View attachment 2860330
You know that massive bag that Elena was carrying the other day… we could fit into that 😉

Awesome, thank you so much for the tips! I’ve bookmarked your post ❤
We haven’t booked anything yet. Still kind of recovering from recent trips to Dubai (where I did NOT see Pierre as he had left just before I got there 😒) and Madrid (where I did NOT see either Carlos nor one of my fave footballers, Fernando Torres).

• Haha
Right, who else is getting up early tomorrow? I was in 2 minds again but as Mr Jelly is and I can't bear him knowing things I don't, I guess I am up in not many hours!

Not setting my alarm, should be up but knowing my inner clock I‘m deep asleep for once 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
You know that massive bag that Elena was carrying the other day… we could fit into that 😉

Awesome, thank you so much for the tips! I’ve bookmarked your post ❤
We haven’t booked anything yet. Still kind of recovering from recent trips to Dubai (where I did NOT see Pierre as he had left just before I got there 😒) and Madrid (where I did NOT see either Carlos nor one of my fave footballers, Fernando Torres).
Both of us, and we'll bring Yuki with us😂😂

Just ask if you want any more tips in regards to the northern lights, whatever you do, do not go during summer, it's an awful time to see the Northern Lights, and the sun is up for 24 hours.😂
---
Just about to go to bed now, hopefully I'll be up and watching in 6 hours and 40 minutes ish.

Can't wait to wake up and watch Max win

• Heart
Reactions: 4
SitRep: Nearly 1am and I’m still not asleep. However, I feel better and less pressured to wake up early having found out that Sky Sports are broadcasting a full replay of the race at a much more manageable time of 10:30am 😌

Reactions: 4
Right...drunk teenager removed from sofa, strong coffee to hand, pastries warming...let's do this (why am I doing this???? I'm shattered!)

Also...have I ever mentioned how much I admire Lando? What an intelligent, eloquent man...

Last edited:
Having to wake up at 5.15 for work normally means that early starts on a weekend happen naturally. So here I am ready to watch Max run away with it again.

• Heart
Why can’t I just like a normal sport like football - 1.5 hours yesterday and it’s over for the weekend but nope here we are - knackered but stupidly hopeful which will no doubt will be killed off within the first corner

morning all 😂🙌

• Heart
Using the fact I need to get back into my routine as a reason to be awake this early 😴

lol @ Oscar saying everyone’s tyres are goikng to be like ‘goo’ today

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.