F1 Chatter #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
for real though, I could write a dissertation about F1 money grabs, politics and human rights,
Honestly if I could I would. I'm a politics major and even though I'm only in year 1 if there's enough research for me I'd love to write my dissertation on politics of F1, for example the expansion of F1 in the Middle Eastern markets etc

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Honestly if I could I would. I'm a politics major and even though I'm only in year 1 if there's enough research for me I'd love to write my dissertation on politics of F1, for example the expansion of F1 in the Middle Eastern markets etc
That would make an incredible dissertation!! You’ve got plenty of time to accumulate the research too, and can be back up with other case studies like the World Cup!! I would honestly love to read it πŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Can someone please explain how a Merc reserve seat is gonna get him back to the front of the grid … I mean this with no malice but even if Lewis did retire (very unlikely given his recent comments), why would Merc take what would now be a risk on Daniel? Totos a pretty shrewd guy, I’m sure he has plans in place and I doubt Daniel would feature in them in all honesty unless there was literally no other option
It won't. If he is indeed becoming a reserve driver then sorry to say it but this is another one of those famously bad DR decisions. Better to over perform in a Haas or a Williams than sit out a season whilst loads new talent comes up in the meantime imo. Unless he's gonna blind side us all and become a commentator! Which would be interesting.
In wholesome news...Micks helmet is dedicated to Gina ❀

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Good mornind ladies and Stephen! I woke up to so many cowboy drivers pictures πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I am not sure Lando will ever wear them πŸ˜…

Screenshot_20221021-070209_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
morning ladies and stephen! 😘 have lovely days!

what is in the water in austin 🀣

(just realised daniel says β€œi’ve only messaged you, i haven’t seen you in person” πŸ₯Ί)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
It won't. If he is indeed becoming a reserve driver then sorry to say it but this is another one of those famously bad DR decisions. Better to over perform in a Haas or a Williams than sit out a season whilst loads new talent comes up in the meantime imo. Unless he's gonna blind side us all and become a commentator! Which would be interesting.
In wholesome news...Micks helmet is dedicated to Gina ❀
Micks helmet is just beautiful 😍
I love how proud he is of his sister, its amazing to see ❀
Good mornind ladies and Stephen! I woke up to so many cowboy drivers pictures πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I am not sure Lando will ever wear them πŸ˜…

View attachment 1666547
Ferrariboys look like a highend version of woody from Toy story with those hats. Not saying it's a bad thing.
Carlos is already done with it all, and Charles is a but like "mate, they really had us wearing these?!" Saw some other pictures of it last night, where I interpret Charles expression different every time, last thing I saw before going to bed was that he also was done with it πŸ˜‚

I'll judge Lando and his boots more when I see them more clearly πŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 10

carlos honestly looks great. my absolute favourite thing about charles is when he becomes so confused by something that his face sorta goes πŸ˜‘ - that appears to me what is happening here 🀣

seriously, classic sharl:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
carlos honestly looks great. my absolute favourite thing about charles is when he becomes so confused by something that his face sorta goes πŸ˜‘ - that appears to me what is happening here 🀣

seriously, classic sharl:

Hi everyone!
I logged in before my work meeting and Classic Sharl with cowboy hat on his cap made my morning! And right, when he is confused, he really makes this face! I have mwntioned it before but he seems so authentic to me in general, I adore him!
I'll check the rest of pictures from the night later and I have to watch press conf., I am happy it's Friday.
Have a nice day, see you later!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I might not be able to watch the first part of FP1 live today, and even worse: the race on Sunday 😭
Was stupid enough to say I could do a jobevent today, and possibly also another on Sunday if no one else could. This is usually a job for our volunteers, and I've been to many before. The events lasts for 1.5-3 hours depending on how many participants there are πŸ˜…
At least I don't have to drive for 3+ hours to get to the event, like my colleague has to today πŸ˜…

I'm relying on you guys to give me the details in case I'm not watching 😘 Thank you all in advance!

And btw: yeeehaaw, we're going racing in Texas today y'all πŸ˜‚

• Heart
Someone gift albono some silver shampoo he’d rock a white blonde

Someone gift albono some silver shampoo he’d rock a white blonde
he really would! the blonde suits him so well, but he could definitely go lighter - it seems to really work with his skin tone.

do it albono!

• Heart
I might not be able to watch the first part of FP1 live today, and even worse: the race on Sunday 😭
Was stupid enough to say I could do a jobevent today, and possibly also another on Sunday if no one else could. This is usually a job for our volunteers, and I've been to many before. The events lasts for 1.5-3 hours depending on how many participants there are πŸ˜…
At least I don't have to drive for 3+ hours to get to the event, like my colleague has to today πŸ˜…

I'm relying on you guys to give me the details in case I'm not watching 😘 Thank you all in advance!

And btw: yeeehaaw, we're going racing in Texas today y'all πŸ˜‚
aaaw, Minttu, been there, done that, nothing like wanting to be helpful "if noone else could" only to realise later that yes, indeed, in such case noone else can and the innocent offer suddenly becomes an obligation of sorts:)
I hope it will be enjoyable though :D

my work meeting was how I like: focused, quick, no unnecessary discussions, now I have the day with my computer and some writing and it's the first day in weeks after a big deadline I had when I can focus on stuff not thinking about this deadline hanging over my head :)

for now I plan to watch FPs today, because I missed them from previous races and in the end did not watch them on replay as well, so unless something messes with my plans the details will be provided :)

I was looking for Sharl's picture for my profile for today (I might change it later but for now, the hat on cap stays) and look what is there in his tag, the cutest thing:

also @StephenTJackson please, one chapter in the book with these pictures :love:
e92c75a00f4ea0c96eebad6e152f8ce36d076046.jpg
66e51b631392fb5d72012da2baeace1cdf00888a.jpg

honestly, I am afraid to check other drivers' tags cause I will fall into a rabbit hole :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Heart
@OOps2022 - i LOVE LOVE your new userpic!

also the romance novel vibes of that first photo in your post. a+ - would read that book and watch the movie 🀣

• Haha
aaaw, Minttu, been there, done that, nothing like wanting to be helpful "if noone else could" only to realise later that yes, indeed, in such case noone else can and the innocent offer suddenly becomes an obligation of sorts:)

my work meeting was how I like: focused, quick, no unnecessary discussions, now I have the day with my computer and some writing and it's the first day in weeks after a big deadline I had when I can focus on stuff not thinking about this deadline hanging over my head :)

for now I plan to watch FPs today, because I missed them from previous races and in the end did not watch them on replay as well, so unless something messes with my plans the details will be provided :)

I was looking for Sharl's picture for my profile for today (I might change it later but for now, the hat on cap stays) and look what is there in his tag, the cutest thing:

also @StephenTJackson please, one chapter in the book with these pictures :love:
View attachment 1666889View attachment 1666890

honestly, I am afraid to check other drivers' tags cause I will fall into a rabbit hole :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Carlos: there's a snake in my boots.

Sharl: no that's your big dick Carlos. πŸ˜‚

• Haha
It isnt my first time missing out on a race because of an event like this, only that I did it because I was a volunteer.

It's not the end of the world, but at least i get some more hours out of it πŸ˜‚
Did take one because all of my colleagues are going to at least one of the others. But as I said, this is really something out volunteers should do. What passes me off even more is that a volunteer was supposed to go to this event, and I had to step in last minute because they couldn't.

Sorry for ranting. I'm just annoyed, and tired, and currently also very restless because my furniture are coming in the next 50 minutes πŸŽ‰πŸ˜‚ Im finally getting chairs and a kitchen table 😁

• Heart
I'll probably miss the race too, even though it's at a decent time for me (2pm). I did just hear that F1TV has a 30 minute race recap. So I might watch that when we get home.

@Minttu πŸŽ‰ for the table and chairs. My husband's job gave him a moving allowance when we moved to the US. I wanted to use it on a holiday. He wanted to use it on furniture & moving expenses. Boo πŸ˜‚ We furnished our entire apartment from Ikea in one day, but really could have made a better choice for the table & chairs.

• Heart
I'll probably miss the race too, even though it's at a decent time for me (2pm). I did just hear that F1TV has a 30 minute race recap. So I might watch that when we get home.

@Minttu πŸŽ‰ for the table and chairs. My husband's job gave him a moving allowance when we moved to the US. I wanted to use it on a holiday. He wanted to use it on furniture & moving expenses. Boo πŸ˜‚ We furnished our entire apartment from Ikea in one day, but really could have made a better choice for the table & chairs.
I'm going to watch the whole race and drink while I'm doing it. No matter when I get home πŸ˜‚

I wish I got a moving allowance from my work, but sadly that isn't going to be a thing unless I start working in a completely other field and get transferred to either the States or Singapore πŸ˜‚
I have actually furnished most of my house with IKEA, as most Nordic people do. I don't mind the tables they have there, some of them are similar to the one I have in my dining room, so I was thinking about just buying it there. But I couldn't fit it in my car, and they aren't delivering this far up...

But for chairs, I went with some high end stuff, used up about 25 000NOK on it (+/-Β£2500) I've been lucky enough to get some decent discounts on most of the furniture I've bought. Found my dream display cabinet for glass, silverware etc. On a used site, it originally cost 27 000NOK, I got it for 7000, barely used. Then I had to buy the matching smaller on in the store, and it's about 20 000, but that's okay, I got the "full" set for the same price as the cabinet would have cost meπŸ˜‚
I'm also checking in on our used sites here, to see if i can find anything of use, not found anything as of yet. But I'll be checking even more often after Christmas πŸ˜‚

• Heart
I'm going to try and get up early on Sunday so I can finish all my tutorial prep and readings in time for the race. It's at 8pm here.

I don't know if this has already been posted but I need to share it. From Susie's insta stories. She truly understands the female gaze. πŸ₯΅

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.