Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Albrouze

Chatty Member
Not American, but living in the US. I don't claim to be super well-informed as to all the nuances of American politics, but, to me, there does seem to be a lot of tension. Obviously, I don't know how it used to be here as both my husband & I grew up elsewhere. However, I meet a lot of people (mostly older) through my job and the way that people talk about whichever party is in opposition to 'their' party is crazy. The left vs the right. Especially when in reality there is no real left wing in American politics as the Democrats as a whole would probably be centre/right of centre in a lot of other systems. There's an election in the state I live in in a few weeks and the signs/ads are truly hateful.

It also feels like you mostly hear people parroting something they've read or heard on whatever publication confirms their bias. No true thoughts. Just opinions based on whatever 'hot takes' they've seen. I guess it's the same everywhere - not just US politics, just look at F1 Twitter when that is just supposed to be a form of entertainment.

I see Estie and Pierre will need to get used to be in events together, are there any pics/vids of them interacting at all during Ballon d'Or ceremony or are there only pictures ?
I cannot help, I am more curious about this French duo dynamics than Pierr's current relationships, because I know once he reads and replies to @aidil 's DMs noone else will matter :LOL:
but I find it absolutely hilarious that there are photos of him&Kat and him&Kika both from PSG matches. Oh Pierre.

I also saw on tumblr Carlos got some award and had his speech in a folder what I found very adorable as a fellow Virgo, I will do more research about this event, cause I have seen some photos in a suit and well, it means I will do more research
Also a Virgo. Love that he had a speech in his folder. I hadn't read that.

Would love videosof Esteban and Pierre interacting last night. Do they exist or did they just sit there awkwardly beside each other & jump up as soon as the ceremony was over?! I did like the clip of Pierre getting his photo taken with Laurent Rossi & one of the photographers asking Rossi to get out of the shot 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 10

HaloGirl

VIP Member
Toto used to be on Channel 4 coverage a good bit (it was about a 50/50 split with him and Christian) but he's really absent this year
Someone has to like them first 😂
I haven’t watched any of the Channel 4 coverage this season. David Coulthard has ties with Red Bull so I wonder if that has some sway?
Yes Lewis. I can take your entire dick inside my arse and down my throat, just gonna take some practice. DM me to arrange times Sir. 😆😆
Listen Jackson, we have had this discussion many times. Lewis is not going to be shared. You can corrupt Lando.
Doesnt Lewis look so hot with a bandana?

• Heart

Blablabla29

VIP Member
Morning everyone! Can't wait for the weekend, i am est tired. I had a meeting yesterday and come back home quite late. I decided to go to the gas station to fuel my car this morning but it is turning into the hunger games lately in France, you never know what will happen to you or if there will be fuel at the pump 😅. And i have the song Lando sings in his CoD ad stucks in my head since wednesday and it is becoming annoying 😂.
Hope you all have a great day ❤

• Heart
  • Haha

Minttu

VIP Member
Good morning everyone❤

I was supposed to have a coffee over teams with my colleagues, but when I checked all of their calendars, I realised I'm the only one at work this morning 😂
I was even sleeping in this morning because I needed it, guess I could have slept in for another hour...

Lewis you fucking tease!
Screenshot_20221019-090746_Instagram.jpg

I'm 99% sure he saw my outfits post and decided to post this after🥵🤤

• Heart

horseyalbon

The FIA have no shame. It's embarrassing.

F1 has never got over Charlie Whiting dying. And the FIA are just getting worse with their stewarding, rule changes, shambolic everything.

F1 needs to breakaway, get Seb and George to sit down and rewrite the rulebook, they both know the current one. And then let Seb be in charge of F1 race direction, stewarding etc.
As amazing as it would be to have Seb as a race director, it’s also a shit job to be honest. Don’t get me wrong I LOATHE the FIA but when it comes to stuff like starting the race in the wet or not or whatever, it’s impossible to please everyone and I don’t want precious Seb to get torn to pieces the way Masi was. 🥹

Minttu

VIP Member
Prince Gasly does things to me, but I'm not sure I love it. Doesn't feel right him in a tuxedo. I want open collared shirts, chest hair and necklace.

But i'd still let him take me up the Eiffel Tower.
I'd like to take a trip up and down (on) his Eiffel tower.
omg, Minttu thats a really bad one. I'll go sit in the hornycorner and feel ashamed by myself now.

absolutely yes! texas has so many issues that i find all the fun yeehaw cowboy stuff (i love daniel but him in particular) catches in my throat a bit. like you say, not that i expect f1 to come out about woman’s rights and gun control but the huge fawning over some fantasy image of texas rather than the modern reality of it just doesn’t sit right. that’s even without the overblown nature of us sport in general.

i do genuinely love the track though! i just probably won’t watch much of the build-up.
Coming our of my hornycorner to comment on this 😂

As much as I love the cowboy style and would love to be a rancher myself, or at least a farmer. The laws, politics and legislations in Texas makes me sick, Austin is considered one of the better and Liberal parts of the state, so yeehaw for that I guess 🤷‍♀️😅 Funny you should mention women's rights and gun control, as that is two of my favorite topics to discuss with Americans who has a very screwed up vision on both 😅

I do love a good DannyRic in Texas show, but is has come to a point where he's just over-doing it. But the Americans love him for it, so you know he'll be attending every GP in the States for years to come, and he will be bringing his entertainer every time 😅
I will say, that all my outfits for this weekend is pretty much going to be all Yeehaw and me finding my inner cowboy 🤠 I will be posting outfits soon, just because this is the only race I've been planning my outfits for since I first started posting them in the other thread 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha

LaBlonde

VIP Member
We all know that was never what you or any of us meant, dw beaut! 💕 People are shaped by those around them so it’s always worth discussing his background, doesn’t excuse him but it’s always worth bringing up of course!
thank you 💙 i hope so! i do get carried away with my psycho-analysis sometimes, and i know i’ve gone all in on max, but i don’t think he’s perfect and agree he shouldn’t get an easy ride because of his past. i agree with the comments about kelly too. i think i maybe did i unintentionally minimise it!

ultimately whenever i think of max now i’m going to think of him on a red velvet armchair, with a fake fur throw, being forced to stare at imagery of himself, alone. that could be a metaphor for something but i’m too tired to think of it 🤣🤣

and in more lovely seb footage:

• Heart

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Drive through penalty for Pierre...

i’m done. wtf.

Honestly today has just made me hate this sport even more. There’s no integrity, the FIA are getting worse as the days go by, every single race there’s something new. How much longer can it go on like this, it feels like we’re inching towards the breaking point really in regards to the FIA
this is where i’m at. but they can write entire legislation about JEWELLERY.

something is going to give soon. it has to. they directly put drivers in danger today.

aidil

VIP Member
YES TED!!! SPEAKING TRUTHS!

martin has been on point on twitter. i missed him this weekend.

ted tried to bring up the recovery vehicle too and almost got shushed and spoken over. not to go full conspiracy theory but i wonder if sky are told to toe the party line a bit to keep their coverage rights.

(not pdr though, i fully believe those are his own stupid feelings)
100%, I was surprised at them being given a contract right to the end of the decade and it’s not hard to imagine that a lengthy contract like that probably comes with certain conditions…

• Heart

HaloGirl

VIP Member
I love that too❤

It was also a way for us to set life on pause for a brief moment, where we could just be us, when my mom got diagnosed with brain cancer. And we kept that as a tradition for most of the races while I was living at home. Those hours on a Sunday, curled up on the couch and preparing for the next week is some really good memories ❤

We took it up for a brief period again when I was 17, when my mom was on her last months, we usually watched the race in the living room of the home she was at😂
After I moved out I'm not sure my dad has been watching, but I remember him coming by just before Max and Lewis crashed on Monza last year, and it happened just as he was about to leave, so he came running back in to see 😂 so he's still curious, but doesn't feel like he has the time to watch..

Best thing is that he's actually over 30, some people never grow up.
says I, who still thinks I'm 16 sometimes, but my body usually tells me I'm wrong 😂

he still seems like a nice guy, I just don't know where that came from 😂 So now I'm just laughing at it 😂
Minttu I am so sorry about your Mum. It’s so hard to lose a parent and my heart goes out to you for losing your mum at such a tender age. Those are such lovely memories.
I have followed F1 for a long time. My Dad wasn’t a huge fan but liked Lewis. When Lewis won his seventh, my Dad was so happy but more so for me. I never thought that days later I would suddenly lose him. I am thankful we got to share that moment together.

• Heart

e456

Sebs been the only joy this entire race weekend tbh. To see him so happy has been lovely, he’s had so much support here💚

• Heart

Minttu

VIP Member
I was so sad to read about your mum. Sending you lots of love.
Ah thank you. It doesn’t seem to get any easier. 😭 I just put on the video of Lewis’s seventh title - it will be always a cherished memory. Love Lewis’s relationship with his dad.
It's almost ten years ago since my mom passed, and for me at least, it has been some rough times mentally, but the last two years, I've been better than ever. Some days will always be hard, a month ago she would have been 60, that was a night with some crying and writing down some feelings, and I was okay after that. One of the things I like to say that I've inherited from her is her resilience and her attitude in general 🥰
I can only speak from my experience, but it does get easier over time, it just never goes away completely, after I turned 20 there's so much I wished I was able to call my mom to ask about, luckily I've had the best god mother to ask about life advice and talk things through with, not to mention getting out some frustration 😂

• Heart

Minttu

VIP Member
Screenshot_20221013-122242_Instagram.jpg

Really Lewlew, I can't see that you're here with me now. Come over later and you won't be feeling alone❤
And we can talk about if, and solve some world problems 🥰

• Heart