Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

swimming

VIP Member
I moved up to 100mg after a month on Sertraline and I’ve not looked back! I was still worked up and not sleeping well on 50mg and then the clouds just lifted after the dose increase. You might get a bit of emotional blunting initially but it improves after a week or so 💕 Stick it out! I hope you feel better soon lovely x
Aww thank you so much!! Yes I’ve had awful insomnia on 50mg, and when I first started it I felt very numb. Almost like I was having an out of body experience. So I’m a bit nervous about the increase but I will stick with it and ride the waves until I’m feeling more like the old me! X

• Heart
Reactions: 3

levitating

Took almost six months but i'm FINALLY seeing/feeling the benefits of being on this, makes putting up with the side effects so worth it. Could've worked a bit quicker but better late than never 🤣

• Wow
  • Heart

theghosttown

VIP Member
I went from 50mg to 100mg quite quickly. I am suffering with terrible tiredness and brain fog. But I have decided before I look into switching to take some vitamins and see if it improves.
I also get the awful sweating but the last two nights haven’t been too bad. Apparently vitamin a can help and I’ve recently started taking that. Most likely coincidence though.
Other than that I have had little side effects apart from the off upset stomach and nausea! My ocd and panic had completely subsided which is worth it x

• Heart

swimming

VIP Member
So I bought some magnesium tablets today from Sainsbury’s after I was informed they are meant to be be good for insomnia and restless legs. Both of which I am suffering from so badly right now. It can’t hurt to try it!

unidentified

VIP Member
I would definitely discuss it with your GP! You sound exactly like I did before my dose change. I also started on 50mg but still had my poor days. More anxiety attacks rather than full blown panic attacks which was obviously an improvement but still not enjoyable! I was bumped up to 100mg after six weeks and noticed a huge improvement. It did come with the side effect of feeling a bit numb (see my post above) but I’m fine with that if it means being panic free!

My GP also puts through propranolol for me to keep in my pocket during the day. I’ve not had to use it too regularly but it really helps when I have an acute attack. Just helps level you out before you start spiralling!
Same here. I wasn't having panic attacks but I couldn't control my mind in personal stressful situations. I do feel completely numb to things that would usually be making me very ill which I'm not sure is a healthy thing but it is definitely better than the alternative. I think being aware of it is a positive as it maybe means in time (I've only been on it 4 months and 100mg 2) then you learn to manage feelings better as a whole meaning you feel less numb?

• Heart

Vivian124

VIP Member
I used take it at night and my dreams were wild and sometimes disturbing it's like it goes into the deep recesses of your mind. I switched to taking it on the morning and they've completely calmed down now.

newaccount2022

Chatty Member
On 100mg… really don’t think I’m seeing any sort of difference. The dose is big but not even having side effects and getting paranoid they gave me fakes lol… I’ve never had an anti-depressant that worked. Maybe I’m just destined to be this way

• Heart

boomska

Chatty Member
I spoke to the doctor today and I’m back on 100mg of sterilise! And I’m so excited to feel better and handle life again.

• Heart

unidentified

VIP Member
I think I need to go back on it. I can feel the rage building again as I get frustrated with the little things, definitely made worse by getting ghosted recently. Times like this I am missing the numb feeling sertraline gave me.

• Heart

JSquared

VIP Member
I think I’m going to make an appointment with my GP and see if I may need to start something like Setraline but I don’t know if things are bad enough for me to take it.

I’ve had the lowest year of my life and I struggle to get through most days and I’ve developed anxiety. I countdown until I can get into bed at night and I hate that my daughter can see me looking sad.

I know it’s stemmed from heartbreak but I’m not sure if I just need to suck it up and get over it on my own.
I thought I wasn’t ‘unwell enough’ for antidepressants but it’s honestly the best thing I have done for myself. Talk to your dr and see what they say. My dr suggested it, I originally said no and then after a few weeks asked about how antidepressants worked etc when I wasn’t feeling better.
Never be afraid to ask for help x

• Heart

theghosttown

VIP Member
I am 3 days into taking 100mg at night (was on 50 for a while). And I laid awake last night with my heart racing, knots in my stomach and i constantly feel that something bad is about to happen.
That is the absolute worst feeling. I really hope it doesn’t impact my sleep. I’ve managed to get through it relatively unscathed so I’m hoping my dosage increase doesn’t hugely impact that.
---
I’ve been on Sertraline for a couple of months now and I’m only now getting the night sweats and bad sleep 😭
Speak to your doctor for a review, you should have seen some improvement by now so Hulu may need your dose tweaking or a new med x

• Heart
i was on 50mg for about a year but noticed i was starting to feel bad again so i am now on 100mg. i’ve never been properly diagnosed with ocd but i have pretty bad compulsions and my brain feels like there are very dark outcomes to these. since taking sertraline i no longer get them. i also used to pull out my eyebrow hairs which i barely do anymore.

im 18 now and started taking it (age 16/17) because i was feeling very depressed and did not know how to go about daily life and being a person anymore. my mum had been desperately trying to get me through to a doctor who would listen for a very long time and it took a very serious breakdown and last straw for them to offer medication to me.

ive noticed that i often have random waves of nausea and now i can fall asleep randomly during the day (it was impossible for me to nap before). i also have very vivid dreams at night, to the point that very often i struggle to distinguish between what happened in a dream and reality. i also think in general i have become better in relation to social situations and other people. but im not actually fully sure if these things are due to the sertraline or are just coincidental and due to me naturally changing as a person which is frustrating- particularly the nausea, social parts and feeling more tired...

i can fall asleep heavily during the day but can’t fall asleep at night until 5:30am. great when you have online lessons at 9!

overall i think i do feel happier, but unfortunately i can’t say it has really helped my anxiety. i still feel anxious every moment of the day and dont think i’ve ever properly had a feeling of ease
I have vivid dreams too, every single night at the moment! Seems to be a common side effect.

Milfordcubicle

VIP Member
I’ve been on it for about 9 years. It was an absolute life saver and I wish I’d started it years ago. I have anxiety and OCD, intrusive thoughts etc. The first week I laughed like a hyena I literally couldn’t stop laughing. I think it’s caused my weight gain but I’d rather be fat and not suicidal!
conversely my husband was put on it a couple of years ago and had to come straight off it as it completely zombiefied him

• Heart

aidil

VIP Member
First time I experienced real emotional blunting this weekend and it was weird. I’ve not had any extremes in emotion (both happy or anxious) for a while and been fine with that as anything is better than panic attacks. But I had a few things happen with a friend the other day that really made me want to cry…. But I just couldn’t physically cry? It was bizarre. Like I had a lump in my throat but no tears would come out. And then I ended up feeling worse as there was no release from the emotion so just felt like I was stewing all day.

Anyone else experienced this?

theghosttown

VIP Member
I have a dicky belly the last 2 weeks so I wonder if it's the setraline? I have IBS anyway but I've never felt like I'm going to shit myself before 😂
All I can say when it comes to being of Sertraline, I can tell your from experience, you can never ever EVER trust a fart.

• Haha
Sertraline has changed my life for the better! I am on 200mg which we have realised is the perfect dose for me. The first 6 weeks were rough and I wanted to give up so many times but i'm glad I stuck with it. It's been 18 months now and I am a different person! I was previously on citalopram but was told that it isn't good for anxiety so they switched me to Sertraline

TapToBoreMeRigid

VIP Member
Hi @aidil I just wrote a huge message to you then accidentally clicked an ad. Haha

Late summer I started on 50mg and stayed on that for 3 months. Unlike you I found the mental noise lessened but the physical side effects actual got worse temporarily. Racing heart upon waking and randomly through the day. I didn't want to increase my dose because I was being stubborn and stupid. I went up to 100mg and stayed on that for a month. It didn't change anything so I was upped to 150mg. On day 12 I began to experience tremors so my GP put me back to 100mg with a view to bringing me off the medicine altogether. It turns out the tremors are not related to Sertraline at all. I've been dealing with physical health issues, (it doesn't rain but it pours), and my rheumatologist is confident that tremors and muscle spasms are associated with that and not Sertraline.

I think I need to go up to 150mg again and give it longer now I know it wasn't what caused my tremors.

In my experience 3 weeks has never been long enough on any medicine I've taken to gauge if it will be "the one". (I've taken various medicines for mental illness since I was 15 and I'm now 35).

Best of luck to you 👍

• Heart

aidil

VIP Member
Who else is struggling in this heat with the Sertraline sweats? 🤣 Feel like I’m going through the change 💀

Sunflower91

VIP Member
Has anyone had a problem with sweating? I’ve been on it for about 6 months and can’t even walk to the shops without coming back and needing a shower. I wore a tshirt while it was snowing last week it’s horrendous!
Omg yes! And I got terrible night sweats. I used to wake up on a morning completely drenched.

Took sertraline for around a year and was an absolute idiot with it. Two that spring to mind were taking kalms with it (high dose + kalms left me pretty much out of it at my desk for three hours)
Then I decided one day I didn’t need them- “weaned” myself off them in a daft way (just taking them willy nilly) had an absolute crash a month or so later and thought I might end up being put on a section. Looking back I clearly wasn’t as well as I thought I was and the urge to come off them was just me being impulsive.

• Heart

Maxine1974

My daughter is currently on 200mg and it’s been really good for her. She started on 50mg and she had some nausea,shakes, headaches to begin with but the soon wore off. There not a magic fix by any stretch but they’ve really helped her manage much better the she was before she started taking it