Experiences with setraline

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just had my three week review and my dosage is being increased to 100mg. Has anyone found that their side effects either vegan or increased from the dosage increase?
I have been relatively unscathed apart from the tiredness and intense leg sweats. Any advice on the increase would be greatx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’ve just had my three week review and my dosage is being increased to 100mg. Has anyone found that their side effects either vegan or increased from the dosage increase?
I have been relatively unscathed apart from the tiredness and intense leg sweats. Any advice on the increase would be greatx
I found the main thing for me was the emotional blunting got very bad for a fortnight or so. I had a horrible day at work and desperately wanted to cry it out but my body just wouldn’t let me - it was such a weird feeling! But then it subsided eventually and I’m just at the standard level sertraline numbness which I’m fine with 🤣

I’ve taken my first 100mg dosage today. I definitely am feeling the effects. Is it normal to feel the effects >3 hours after taking. Very shakey, quite dazed and slightly euphoric.

I’ve taken my first 100mg dosage today. I definitely am feeling the effects. Is it normal to feel the effects >3 hours after taking. Very shakey, quite dazed and slightly euphoric.
Yes I defintely felt like this until they got into my system. I used to take 50mg when I first woke up and then the other 50mg a few hours later to reduce the effects :)

I’ve been on Sertraline for a couple of months now and I’m only now getting the night sweats and bad sleep 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I am 3 days into taking 100mg at night (was on 50 for a while). And I laid awake last night with my heart racing, knots in my stomach and i constantly feel that something bad is about to happen.

I am 3 days into taking 100mg at night (was on 50 for a while). And I laid awake last night with my heart racing, knots in my stomach and i constantly feel that something bad is about to happen.
That is the absolute worst feeling. I really hope it doesn’t impact my sleep. I’ve managed to get through it relatively unscathed so I’m hoping my dosage increase doesn’t hugely impact that.
---
I’ve been on Sertraline for a couple of months now and I’m only now getting the night sweats and bad sleep 😭
Speak to your doctor for a review, you should have seen some improvement by now so Hulu may need your dose tweaking or a new med x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
i had shakes when i was first on sertraline and also when just sitting at my chair, my heart used to feel like it was racing fast. it was so felt strange but it got easier as i kept taking and i get more good days . i feel it is worth it to persevere. been on them 4 years now

I started on 25mg last week and am due to increase to 50mg tomorrow. I have no energy or motivation - I'm spending all day in bed. When I do have to get up and be normal I am exhausted afterwards. Does it get better?

Last edited:
I started on 25mg last week and am due to increase to 50mg tomorrow. I have no energy or motivation. When I do have to get up and be normal I am exhausted afterwards. Does it get better?
Exhaustion and lack of motivation do improve. But I have to say I am seriously struggling with tiredness at the moment.

• Heart
I started on 25mg last week and am due to increase to 50mg tomorrow. I have no energy or motivation. When I do have to get up and be normal I am exhausted afterwards. Does it get better?
It does take a while. And for me the yawning seemed to last for a couple of weeks. I’ve been on it several months now and am on 150mg, I finally feel like this is the dose for me. Give it a few weeks and see how you’re feeling, although I know at the time it feels never ending. Take care x

• Heart
Thank you for the replies - I will stick with it and hopefully things settle down. Really want this to work 🤞

• Heart
So I’ve been on 100mg for almost 2 weeks now (was previously on 50mg on/off for months but never followed it properly cos a doctor wouldn’t see me). I’ve got bad PND following complications at my babies birth and his subsequent illness.

But how do I know if it’s working? Is it gradual?

Any advice or experiences would be lovely x

• Heart
So I’ve been on 100mg for almost 2 weeks now (was previously on 50mg on/off for months but never followed it properly cos a doctor wouldn’t see me). I’ve got bad PND following complications at my babies birth and his subsequent illness.

It can take up to 6 weeks for the full affect. When I had PND I was put on fluoxetine and it was fantastic. X

For me it took the full 8 weeks. It is gradual yes, you will notice that the bad moments are lasting less etc. Keep a record of how you're feeling and look back on it weekly - it helped with me to see the progress no matter how small. xx

Reactions: 3
Has anyone experienced muscular pain taking this? I’m four months in and have awful pain in my left arm, shoulders, neck and leg. Had a massage, relieved the pain for about 12 hours, no lumps, no injuries etc. This all started as soon as my bruising stopped, don’t know whether it’s a coincidence or not.