Ex - Slimming World Disordered Eating Recovery

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was making our roast yesterday thinking of all the things I’d be trying to do to get around oil and butter etc on SW that would essentially ruin it but it would still take me 3 hours to get it on the table!

Remember once making pinch of vom Yorkshire puddings that used water instead of milk and the most minimal amount of flour. They were awful. Then the syn free gravy and roast potatoes sprayed to duck with fry light 😩 and cauliflower cheese made with fat free yoghurt! Urgh!
Pinch of Nom also have the most annoying waste of time gravy recipe that involves chopping up onions, carrots and a potato and simmering them for 25 minutes before adding stock pots. It comes in at 127 calories a portion, while 100ml of normal Bisto made into gravy is 26 calories.

Frylight roasties are the worst. They taste like plastic.

Reactions: 10
Pinch of Nom also have the most annoying waste of time gravy recipe that involves chopping up onions, carrots and a potato and simmering them for 25 minutes before adding stock pots. It comes in at 127 calories a portion, while 100ml of normal Bisto made into gravy is 26 calories.

Frylight roasties are the worst. They taste like plastic.
Tbf PON don't look like the types to skimp on calories

• Haha
I remember making Fanta chicken that sort of tastes like sweet and sour chicken, but I couldn’t cook the pineapple or that’d be syns so I’d quickly add it at the end and hope it didn’t get hot enough to count as being cooked! 🙈
Peak SW logic here

Put a low calorie healthy fruit with vitamins in a meal with lean meat and veg = Syns ❌

Coat your chicken in an artifical chemical based soft drink = on plan do it to your hearts content ✅

Reactions: 7
Yeh thanks to previous threads I've realised them two fridge freezers practise what they preach as much as a spider running a blue bottle welfare course.
Was it u that called them "grand pianos?" Hahhahhaha I spontaneously giggled all day when I read that and I didn't think anything could top it, but "fridge freezers" has just killed me off....I am shaking like a "syn free" jelly trying not to wake the dog that's lying next to me ahhhahhahhahhaha!!! I'm officially dead 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Hey guys! I have a fab recipe for you to reminisce over.
Chickpea Cake. Only 4 SYNS!!!!
2 tins chick peas blended -free
12 eggs - Free
Tub of FF fromage frais- Free
1 sachet of Belgian chocolate options 2 syns
Top with delicious Quorn mixed with 1 sachet white Options 2 syns
I served this at a recent party and everyone kept asking me if it was M&S truly special range. 🥴 (Couldn't find the Pinocchio emoji)
Then I woke up and realized it was all a fantasy/nightmare! 😱

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
Hey guys! I have a fab recipe for you to reminisce over.
Chickpea Cake. Only 4 SYNS!!!!
2 tins chick peas blended -free
12 eggs - Free
Tub of FF fromage frais- Free
1 sachet of Belgian chocolate options 2 syns
Top with delicious Quorn mixed with 1 sachet white Options 2 syns
I served this at a recent party and everyone kept asking me if it was M&S truly special range. 🥴 (Couldn't find the Pinocchio emoji)
Then I woke up and realized it was all a fantasy/nightmare! 😱
I made it once and took it to the taster evening. I was SO proud of it even though it was wet and leaking the filling everywhere 🤣

• Haha
God those taster bring-a-dish nights 🤢 trying to choke down someones chocolite moose complete with a few complimentary cat hairs.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
🙌🏻 I have found my people 🙌🏻
Yes yes yes! Can I just say I remember saying at a body magic talk our group had that if I want chocolate I will have chocolate and not syn it because if my meal is under 400Kcal why should I to the absolute horror of the consultant!!!
Frylight, those bloody cereal bars they flog, skinny syrups, miller lights no thanks I’d rather allow myself a proper bag of crisps or a chocolate bar.
I’m doing it alone now and lost 10kg in about eight weeks. I had a massive Easter egg and some dominoes pizza on Saturday and Sunday so I think I’ll hold off the chocolate for a couple of days! It’s all about balance!
Half those instahun creations are ridiculous, someone I follow put fake sugar ontop of strawberries 🍓 you’d be better off sprinkling with cancer causing chemicals! And they wonder why they have anal fissures...
🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
🙌🏻 I have found my people 🙌🏻
Yes yes yes! Can I just say I remember saying at a body magic talk our group had that if I want chocolate I will have chocolate and not syn it because if my meal is under 400Kcal why should I to the absolute horror of the consultant!!!
Frylight, those bloody cereal bars they flog, skinny syrups, miller lights no thanks I’d rather allow myself a proper bag of crisps or a chocolate bar.
I’m doing it alone now and lost 10kg in about eight weeks. I had a massive Easter egg and some dominoes pizza on Saturday and Sunday so I think I’ll hold off the chocolate for a couple of days! It’s all about balance!
Half those instahun creations are ridiculous, someone I follow put fake sugar ontop of strawberries 🍓 you’d be better off sprinkling with cancer causing chemicals! And they wonder why they have anal fissures...
🤣
Welcome!
Such a great feeling kicking SW and finding balance isn't it?
Totally agree about Chocolate and calories. This is one of a 1000 reasons why SW is so unsustainable. It never teaches you balance just to graze endlessly on mullershites.

I myself had a large Easter Egg for the first time in years this weekend and the scales are the same as Friday. Was a real breakthrough for me.

• Heart
I don’t know whether I’m allowed to be in this thread as I never truly became embroiled in the culture but I was a member for about a month and it was the most confusing month of my life. I knew it was going to be a point system but the syns thing was ridiculous! And being allowed as much (dried) pasta as I wanted?! They very much underestimated my desire to eat pasta.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I don’t know whether I’m allowed to be in this thread as I never truly became embroiled in the culture but I was a member for about a month and it was the most confusing month of my life. I knew it was going to be a point system but the syns thing was ridiculous! And being allowed as much (dried) pasta as I wanted?! They very much underestimated my desire to eat pasta.
This is what I always say. The recommended portion of pasta is literally a quarter of what I’d feed myself (calorie wise) if I had free rein. I’d therefore have around 800 calories per dish and SW would say it’s ok. I can smash through a serving dish size of pasta bolognese no problem. Hence why I now weigh it out and calorie count it!

Reactions: 4
I find a lot of people know deep down they won't lose as much weight if they shovel in the pasta and rice so those who get loads of certificates and lose loads tend to cut out the carbs.

They then get to target and decide to go back to eating the all the pasta, rice and potatoes as its free after all!
And start piling the weight on. They can understand why as they're keeping on plan but still keep yo yo -ing.

They either then stay for years as die hards getting their club 10 over and over again or leave and realise what a pile of tit it is

'They very much underestimated my desire to eat pasta.' Thread title nomination

• Haha
  • Heart
I find a lot of people know deep down they won't lose as much weight if they shovel in the pasta and rice so those who get loads of certificates and lose loads tend to cut out the carbs.

They then get to target and decide to go back to eating the all the pasta, rice and potatoes as its free after all!
And start piling the weight on. They can understand why as they're keeping on plan but still keep yo yo -ing.

They either then stay for years as die hards getting their club 10 over and over again or leave and realise what a pile of tit it is
When I finally decided to walk away from SW I texted my Consultant to explain. I took ages to compose a nice message, thanking her for all her support and I said I needed to take time out from the programme due to family issues. She never replied to my text, but immediately deleted me from her SW Whatsapp group. It really brought home to me that I was just a number to her. The civilised and professional thing for her to do would just have been to wish me well and to say her door was always open. I might have gone back! I loved being slim, but SW was the cause of a very unhealthy obsession with food that caused me huge strain. I calculated that I had paid over 1000€ in SW fees to that last consultant. (Never mind what I have spent in the previous seven or eight years). I know she didn’t get to keep all that money, and her overheads are high…but a simple and courteous reply would have been nice. I am so glad I found this thread! I take great heart from your ongoing success stories and your enjoyment of real food (and from our mutual loathing of muller-shites and other air foods!)

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
When I finally decided to walk away from SW I texted my Consultant to explain. I took ages to compose a nice message, thanking her for all her support and I said I needed to take time out from the programme due to family issues. She never replied to my text, but immediately deleted me from her SW Whatsapp group. It really brought home to me that I was just a number to her. The civilised and professional thing for her to do would just have been to wish me well and to say her door was always open. I might have gone back! I loved being slim, but SW was the cause of a very unhealthy obsession with food that caused me huge strain. I calculated that I had paid over 1000€ in SW fees to that last consultant. (Never mind what I have spent in the previous seven or eight years). I know she didn’t get to keep all that money, and her overheads are high…but a simple and courteous reply would have been nice. I am so glad I found this thread! I take great heart from your ongoing success stories and your enjoyment of real food (and from our mutual loathing of muller-shites and other air foods!)
I would have had some sympathy for consultants their impossible overheads and targets
BUT
End of the day they peddle a unsustainable diet, unless they are completely brainwashed by 'food optimising they know they're unqualified.

they manipulate vulnerable people into believing they are a supportive, understanding friend and shower them with praise and attention when losing (this is because big losers make them look good to their managers and help them meet targets)

Only to start ignoring them once they stop losing or reach target or drop them like a stone once they take a break or leave.

I'm glad a lot of consultants are struggling to get members and not making money because when they start texting ex members begging them to come back all the people they dropped can do the same to them.

Reactions: 7
I would have had some sympathy for consultants their impossible overheads and targets
BUT
End of the day they peddle a unsustainable diet, unless they are completely brainwashed by 'food optimising they know they're unqualified.

they manipulate vulnerable people into believing they are a supportive, understanding friend and shower them with praise and attention when losing (this is because big losers make them look good to their managers and help them meet targets)

Only to start ignoring them once they stop losing or reach target or drop them like a stone once they take a break or leave.

I'm glad a lot of consultants are struggling to get members and not making money because when they start texting ex members begging them to come back all the people they dropped can do the same to them.
Thanks so much for this! You’re completely right. I totally “get” that consultants are human too etc and that they have a business to run. But they are preying on vulnerable people, some of whom clearly have significant food-related issues that no amount of frylight will cure.

I found the Image-therapy piece excruciating. The meetings used drag on forever. I found them demotivating. The people given the most airtime were the ones who were struggling the most…but their woes used actually bring my mood down and used interfere with whatever bit of positivity I had for myself. The WW “pep talk” was a better idea than the SW “therapy”. And I HATED the tasting events! What busy woman has time to be concocting tasteless dishes for strangers?! I used book a holiday when I heard there was a taster coming up!

• Haha
Thanks so much for this! You’re completely right. I totally “get” that consultants are human too etc and that they have a business to run. But they are preying on vulnerable people, some of whom clearly have significant food-related issues that no amount of frylight will cure.

I found the Image-therapy piece excruciating. The meetings used drag on forever. I found them demotivating. The people given the most airtime were the ones who were struggling the most…but their woes used actually bring my mood down and used interfere with whatever bit of positivity I had for myself. The WW “pep talk” was a better idea than the SW “therapy”. And I HATED the tasting events! What busy woman has time to be concocting tasteless dishes for strangers?! I used book a holiday when I heard there was a taster coming up!
I always found the ones the consultants let moan were always the ones that had been coming 20 years and lost the same stone over and over.

Probably why they were given centre stage they were keeping her in business!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.