Ex-Love Islanders #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I know someone with 715k and she's earned 14K for a few stories, grid post + youtube video. Imagine doing just 1 a week..🤯 Brands look at engagement ratings/relevancy over the number of followers.
My friend's girlfriend has around 300k followers and she's doing very well for herself as an influencer - lives in a lovely flat in an affluent, leafy area, drives a brand new Range Rover, always out shopping for designer clothes, constantly goes on expensive holidays with her boyfriend etc, etc. If you play your cards right, there's huge money to be made in the influencer world even if you don't have 1 million + followers.

I genuinely would not want to be an influencers though, no amount of money is worth compromising my privacy and mental health
Totally agree with you. There's no way on God's earth I'd ever go on a show like Love Island and do the whole influencer/Instagram thing! I just wouldn't be able to cope with the trolling/online abuse that's part and parcel of being an influencer/TV personality. The toll on your mental health of having to see nasty stuff written about you on various websites and sent to you on your social media must be absolutely intolerable.

Just like you I like my privacy and don't like sharing my business/personal details/family life with others. I have respect for those who put themselves out there and become influencers but it's just not for me.

You could pay me a billion or even a trillion pounds and I still wouldn't go on reality TV/become an influencer.

Reactions: 14
I just wouldn't be able to cope with the trolling/online abuse that's part and parcel of being an influencer/TV personality. The toll on your mental health of having to see nasty stuff written about you on various websites and sent to you on your social media must be absolutely intolerable.
Same here! I'm not thick skinned enough to deal with some of the really vile stuff that can be said.

Reactions: 9
My friend's girlfriend has around 300k followers and she's doing very well for herself as an influencer - lives in a lovely flat in an affluent, leafy area, drives a brand new Range Rover, always out shopping for designer clothes, constantly goes on expensive holidays with her boyfriend etc, etc. If you play your cards right, there's huge money to be made in the influencer world even if you don't have 1 million + followers.

Totally agree with you. There's no way on God's earth I'd ever go on a show like Love Island and do the whole influencer/Instagram thing! I just wouldn't be able to cope with the trolling/online abuse that's part and parcel of being an influencer/TV personality. The toll on your mental health of having to see nasty stuff written about you on various websites and sent to you on your social media must be absolutely intolerable.

Just like you I like my privacy and don't like sharing my business/personal details/family life with others. I have respect for those who put themselves out there and become influencers but it's just not for me.

You could pay me a billion or even a trillion pounds and I still wouldn't go on reality TV/become an influencer.
Couldn't agree more! My friends boyfriend is an influencer and his whole online shtick is basically hot, topless, single man. He has to basically act like she doesn't exist publicly or lose out on money and followers. She once made the mistake of tagging him in a photo and she got trolled. Such a weird way to live.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Same here! I'm not thick skinned enough to deal with some of the really vile stuff that can be said.
oh same! I know I say things like Andrew is a wet wipe but that’s nothing in comparison to the comments I’ve seen online about some of the islanders - in particular Luca, Dami and Jacques. Honestly, some people have serious issues with the disgusting vile comments they say about those three in particular. People seem to forget that they’re young and it’s a producer manipulated edited tv show! None of the islanders are bad individuals! I always think if the online comments are bad, god knows what the DMs are like that they are getting!! I am way too sensitive a person and wouldn’t be able to handle it!

Reactions: 6
oh same! I know I say things like Andrew is a wet wipe but that’s nothing in comparison to the comments I’ve seen online about some of the islanders - in particular Luca, Dami and Jacques. Honestly, some people have serious issues with the disgusting vile comments they say about those three in particular. People seem to forget that they’re young and it’s a producer manipulated edited tv show! None of the islanders are bad individuals! I always think if the online comments are bad, god knows what the DMs are like that they are getting!! I am way too sensitive a person and wouldn’t be able to handle it!
I think this is a great example for learning for all of us as how to not write vile comments about the contestants here that we don't like

Reactions: 5
I think this is a great example for learning for all of us as how to not write vile comments about the contestants here that we don't like
Honestly, I’d never recommend anyone go on Reddit…that is the worst of the worst when it comes to social media platforms discussing LI! The comments on that are next level disgusting at times. I tried to defend an islander on one occasion on Reddit, and the vitriol I got in return was insane! I never used it again 🤣, better to bite my tongue and not interact on that site! I also once saw a comment on Reddit referring to the Daily mail comment section on an article about one of the islanders and the said Reddit comment was saying how different the comments on Daily Mail are compared to the comments on Reddit. So off I went to look at the DM comments and surprisingly I couldn’t believe that they were actually quite balanced (which surprised me for the Mail) esp compared to the comments from the unhinged individuals on Reddit!

• Wow
Honestly, I’d never recommend anyone go on Reddit…that is the worst of the worst when it comes to social media platforms discussing LI! The comments on that are next level disgusting at times. I tried to defend an islander on one occasion on Reddit, and the vitriol I got in return was insane! I never used it again 🤣, better to bite my tongue and not interact on that site! I also once saw a comment on Reddit referring to the Daily mail comment section on an article about one of the islanders and the said Reddit comment was saying how different the comments on Daily Mail are compared to the comments on Reddit. So off I went to look at the DM comments and surprisingly I couldn’t believe that they were actually quite balanced (which surprised me for the Mail) esp compared to the comments from the unhinged individuals on Reddit!
The reddit sub has become such a toxic place. Things have calmed down alot now but just after the show ended? It was insane. The ridiculous stan wars and just the stan culture from Lemma and Ekinde stans in general 🤮🤮. The way the Ekinde sub in particular workshops Davide and Ekin 😭. I can't even begin to imagine the mess that sub is going to go through when they break up

Reactions: 7
The reddit sub has become such a toxic place. Things have calmed down alot now but just after the show ended? It was insane. The ridiculous stan wars and just the stan culture from Lemma and Ekinde stans in general 🤮🤮. The way the Ekinde sub in particular workshops Davide and Ekin 😭. I can't even begin to imagine the mess that sub is going to go through when they break up
It's going to be bloodbath once they broke up. I can't believe people there say ekin and Davide are there mom and dad. Highest level of cringe

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Ekin was on KISS this morning doing the quiz that gets quicker, first question was "what's yours and Davides combined age?". Ekin answers "28... wait what does combined mean?" Honestly I despair. This is what my kids will look up to 😭🤣
She plays the eejit she’s not half as thick as she lets on.

Reactions: 16
Managed up until the first ad break of Ekin and Davides show.
What a load of cobblers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.