Eve Bennett - study YouTuber

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She also did an interview for CNN about the government's obesity strategy and it's effect on those with eating disorders, despite the fact (by her own admission) she's never had an eating disorder... Which is classic "talking over people".

View attachment 210528
I don't doubt she went through a period of disordered eating, but (sadly) the vast majority of teenagers do. As someone with a sibling who suffered incredibly during a long struggle with Anorexia Nervosa, it really annoys me that Eve perpetuates the idea that using a calorie counting app and dieting as a teenager = an eating disorder.

It's this kind of attitude that makes people not take eating disorders seriously.
i agree, eating disorders go far deeper than calorie counting and dieting

Reactions: 6
i know comparisons suck, but these two videos were posted at the same time, on the same day, with a similar amount of subscribers, but with a big gap between their amount of views
do you think eve's channel is dying? or that she's not as relevant to the viewers as she used to be during her A levels? maybe i'm being too superficial judging eve by her number of views, but i find this a bit odd

Attachments

Reactions: 3
i know comparisons suck, but these two videos were posted at the same time, on the same day, with a similar amount of subscribers, but with a big gap between their amount of views
do you think eve's channel is dying? or that she's not as relevant to the viewers as she used to be during her A levels? maybe i'm being too superficial judging eve by her number of views, but i find this a bit odd
I think (and I apologise if I word this really badly and it doesn’t make sense 😂) but many people will be returning back to uni and are interested in what second year housing looks like and how to make the space your own, hence the views on Lydia’s video. However, I doubt during a pandemic that many people want to visit Scotland (or any location for that matter!) or use public transport unless absolutely necessary. The fact that Eve went to Scotland and is now in Berlin meeting up with a different person every day is a kick in the teeth to people (like me) who have stuck to the rules or people who are/ shielding and couldn’t leave their houses. I recognise that you can now travel if you want to but was a trip to Scotland really necessary? From a personal opinion, I think Lydia’s video has done better because it’s a necessity for her to go back to uni and people are interested in that whereas Eve has essentially vlogged a paid trip to Scotland during a pandemic, which just isn’t relatable in these times.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
To be fair, she heavy gives the vibe that she's over YouTube and also she would have big gaps in uploading during lockdown with no explanation a lot of the time. Not really surprised that Lydia is doing better when she's been consistent throughout lockdown.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Lydia‘s content is targeted more at the „normal“ student. Lots of people will be moving into student accommodation soon so obviously they‘d be more interested in room tours!
Travel vlogs seem a bit tone deaf right now ...

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Lydia's video was also funny to watch for anyone who's stayed in student housing, because I think we've all been there with those little "quirks" in a student houseshare. In her room, she has a tiny window that faces into the hallway & a string you pull to turn on the light because it used to be a bathroom. Plus the usual non-working wardrobe and scrappy state of the walls. Whereas I got half way through Eve's vlog and switched off

Reactions: 5
Tbh I watched Eve's video because I'm Glaswegian, but I got the vibe they only went to Glasgow to do the ad and they couldn't wait to get back to Edinburgh

Reactions: 7
Tbh I watched Eve's video because I'm Glaswegian, but I got the vibe they only went to Glasgow to do the ad and they couldn't wait to get back to Edinburgh
I live in Edinburgh and I 💯 agree. She only seemed to go to a few shops and get some food. It was pretty much what she did in Edinburgh.

You could tell from her footage how quiet the cities were, especially Edinburgh. I'm not saying don't go on a trip but she was acting like the pandemic wasn't happening but not even people in Edinburgh are out as much as she was.

I live in Edinburgh and I 💯 agree. She only seemed to go to a few shops and get some food. It was pretty much what she did in Edinburgh.

You could tell from her footage how quiet the cities were, especially Edinburgh. I'm not saying don't go on a trip but she was acting like the pandemic wasn't happening but not even people in Edinburgh are out as much as she was.
I know! When they were complaining about the walk to the uni too, even though they could have got the subway or walked to it since they were doing nothing else that day. Nothing they did that day they couldn't do in Edinburgh except seeing George Square.

Reactions: 4
Isn’t she doing Spanish or German course at Oxford? Now I understand why she got in...
I don’t know but I reckon Languages are probably the easiest to get accepted into because less people apply for it compared to other subjects such as Biology or biomedical sciences (hence why jade didn’t get in because she applied to a popular choice). I really do hate study YouTubers though, they all have no common sense and made me feel like tit because there routine everyday would be eat breath study 😂

Also I saw someone complaining that Eve said “you don’t pay £9,000 at year at uni to drink and go out clubbing” but didn’t eve do the exact same in her first year?

Reactions: 6
Isn’t she doing Spanish or German course at Oxford? Now I understand why she got in...
I don’t know but I reckon Languages are probably the easiest to get accepted into because less people apply for it compared to other subjects such as Biology or biomedical sciences (hence why jade didn’t get in because she applied to a popular choice). I really do hate study YouTubers though, they all have no common sense and made me feel like tit because there routine everyday would be eat breath study 😂

Also I saw someone complaining that Eve said “you don’t pay £9,000 at year at uni to drink and go out clubbing” but didn’t eve do the exact same in her first year?
In first year she was always saying that now she’s got to Oxford it doesn’t matter if she doesn’t get a first. It was all about getting to Oxford and saying she got a degree from there, i don’t think she really really loves the course or the actual work because she always complains. In her first year and I imagine most of second year she just got pissed all the time, not that there’s anything wrong if you want to do that, but as a uni student I just think that a degree is meant to be something you love - where you can study a subject and be passionate about it, and I don’t feel like eve thinks that way about her languages

I think she just felt tied into languages because her grandad told her to study them before he died. I think she would have been much happier studying politics than doing languages.

I think she just felt tied into languages because her grandad told her to study them before he died. I think she would have been much happier studying politics than doing languages.
she said in a video (long time ago) that she thought that doing politics (or to become a diplomat, which was her dream at the moment) was going to be tough because of exposing herself personally in her youtube channel, so she switched to languages/journalism

Just leaving this here...
They'll be horrific together.
i'm a bit lost, why do you think they would annoy each other? do they hate each other? i didn't know that

Reactions: 1
In first year she was always saying that now she’s got to Oxford it doesn’t matter if she doesn’t get a first. It was all about getting to Oxford and saying she got a degree from there, i don’t think she really really loves the course or the actual work because she always complains. In her first year and I imagine most of second year she just got pissed all the time, not that there’s anything wrong if you want to do that, but as a uni student I just think that a degree is meant to be something you love - where you can study a subject and be passionate about it, and I don’t feel like eve thinks that way about her languages
To be fair I know a lot of former Oxbridge people who were left feeling this way. The structure is SO intense, I think it could drain anyone's passion for a subject. Imagine having so much work you basically can't take a day off from your subject for 8-9 weeks.

It makes me angry that Eve hasn't said anything about the A level fiasco and about Oxford rejecting state school pupils. I go to a different Russell Group uni (my brother goes to Oxford though) but I just don't get how she hasn't said anything. I guess nobody is allowed to criticize her previous Oxford?

Reactions: 2
It makes me angry that Eve hasn't said anything about the A level fiasco and about Oxford rejecting state school pupils. I go to a different Russell Group uni (my brother goes to Oxford though) but I just don't get how she hasn't said anything. I guess nobody is allowed to criticize her previous Oxford?
Because she went to a good grammar so she'd likely get called out for fake outrage

To be fair to her, she has been sharing a lot on Twitter. She should say something on YouTube, but she hasn't been totally silent.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.