Eve Bennett - study YouTuber

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i'm a bit lost, why do you think they would annoy each other? do they hate each other? i didn't know that
sorry, I didn’t mean that they hated each other - I meant that in the sense they’re both very competitive and would probably end up arguing and being petty to one another after a while!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
What has she actually been doing in Berlin?? Doesn’t seem to me like she’s been doing any actual work 🙄

Reactions: 5
Her Berlin flat is lovely. From what know from close friends living in Berlin and other parts in Germany, flat hunting there is an absolute nightmare. She's really lucky.

Reactions: 3
She said in her recent video that people tell her she barley has an accent when speaking German ... either she‘s lying or they are 😂 Her accent is very strong.
Probs to her for making a video in a foreign language but I wish she would stop pretending like her German‘s amazing, maybe her grammar is but speaking wise she has a long way to go.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yeah I thought it was cool she made a video in German! Have to respect her for doing that-I speak a bit of German so it was a good test!

I will say though that I clicked into that Lingoda thing just out of curiosity. The sprint costs you 457 euros and the super sprint costs you 817 euros, and that's not even on the most expensive options! How can she justify advertising for something so expensive on her channel when her subscribers are mostly students? That's more than a ten week language course at a university costs here.

EDIT-that's not even including the 49 euro deposit, lol

• Wow
She said in her recent video that people tell her she barley has an accent when speaking German ... either she‘s lying or they are 😂 Her accent is very strong.
Probs to her for making a video in a foreign language but I wish she would stop pretending like her German‘s amazing, maybe her grammar is but speaking wise she has a long way to go.
Coming from Switzerland, I have to disagree and say that her accent is pretty good. I can mainly hear that she‘s from an English speaking country because of her pronunciation „r“ and „u/ü“.

lol @ Eve advertising a shaving brand after showing the Veet (which she actually uses) in her shopping basket in her last video

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Also that video was like half ad. The Estrid videos are already starting to really get on my nerves, never mind when people like her are clearly just uploading for the sake of the ad.

hun you’ve already lost me as a (German) follower. I bet her videos are going to be pretty exclusive to Berlin which is very different from the most of Germany, so I get mad when she’s gushing about Germany. No she’s gushing about Berlin

• Heart
Reactions: 13
hun you’ve already lost me as a (German) follower. I bet her videos are going to be pretty exclusive to Berlin which is very different from the most of Germany, so I get mad when she’s gushing about Germany. No she’s gushing about Berlin
AKA how every Brit feels when YouTubers act like London=Britain. Honestly it's like a foreign country to me, it's so different from every other city!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
So the tl;dr for her "10 thing i hate about germany" video is basically just: I have no manners and don't care about not inconveniencing other people, therefore these things suck.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’d love to live abroad but unfortunately work comes first... Also, deciding to a masters straight after undergrad isn’t always the best plan, they prefer you to have worked a bit in the industry first, especially for courses like journalism.
Journalist here. I did a masters in journalism straight after my undergrad but my undergrad was also in journalism. For my masters you needed a lot of work experience which I guess could be done alongside an undergrad? Especially if you're privileged like Eve and don't have to do a part time job alongside your studies (aside from YouTube). I wanted to be a journalist since I was a child, did a four year undergrad and then a masters and it was still difficult to find a job or even a keep a job as it's a struggling industry with loads of cuts.

It bothers me that Eve talks about journalism as if it's an easy field to get into instead of being a highly competitive industry! Not sure how it works in England/those upper class circles, maybe she will use her privilege to find some contacts and get in that way. I hope not because it's annoying for those of us who had to work for our career. I don't watch her very often. Is she doing anything to pursue a career in journalism? Apart from reading the news?

Reactions: 3
Former journalist here. I agree, journalism is so competitive. If she thinks it's like her current intern ship and she can just work a couple of hours a day then she has another thing coming. It's long hours, often unsocialable hours, and not a great wage. I used be out the door at 5am every weekend for my first news job on £13000 a year (pro rota) and I know not all jobs are like that and it was over 10 years ago but it's really hard.

Former journalist here. I agree, journalism is so competitive. If she thinks it's like her current intern ship and she can just work a couple of hours a day then she has another thing coming. It's long hours, often unsocialable hours, and not a great wage. I used be out the door at 5am every weekend for my first news job on £13000 a year (pro rota) and I know not all jobs are like that and it was over 10 years ago but it's really hard.
I assume because she goes go Oxford she thinks everything will be a lot easier for her... 😫 her internship seems so cruisy. Has she done any freelance writing or is it only the Meridian and her Oxford newspaper work?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.