Eve Bennett - study YouTuber

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“hahaha” ?!

hahaha - it’s so funny that people are dying
hahaha - it’s so funny that people are loosing their jobs and livelihoods
hahaha - it’s so funny that people are stuck at home, not seeing family or friends for months
hahaha - it’s so funny that essential workers are pushing past their limits to help out

Reactions: 14
sorry eve poor you ah you can't go to argentina, can't do this can't do that well bish at least you got to go abroad I'm meant to be studying in Argentina at the moment (I'm also a modern languages student a month older than Eve) but it got postponed to next year and I'm stuck here writing my dissertation and everything a year early. What I would give to be in Eve's position right now

Reactions: 6
She really should just stay in Berlin the full year and improve her German. What is she going to do in West Bromwich for 9 months. She will have so much backlash if she actually goes to Spain at this point.

Reactions: 2
yesterday she posted about secret berlin places and recommendations, why does she keep going to places and traveling despite the restrictions? chill out!

Reactions: 3
yesterday she posted about secret berlin places and recommendations, why does she keep going to places and traveling despite the restrictions? chill out!
I was this close to send her a message saying to stay the f*** at home. She‘s delusional!
the whole of Berlin now is above the 50 per 100.000 mark and it‘s because of people like her

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I wonder how she would cope if she had been in the UK all this time. I know she feels like she’s missing out on her gap year but she could have done a gap year after her final year at Oxford. It’s not like she was forced, in fact she’s lucky that she was able to go abroad at all and then to complain that there’s a pub curfew and new restrictions. She chose to go abroad in a global pandemic, what did she expect!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I wonder how she would cope if she had been in the UK all this time. I know she feels like she’s missing out on her gap year but she could have done a gap year after her final year at Oxford. It’s not like she was forced, in fact she’s lucky that she was able to go abroad at all and then to complain that there’s a pub curfew and new restrictions. She chose to go abroad in a global pandemic, what did she expect!!!
the year abroad is a pretty big part of a languages degree in the UK - courses are normally 3 years but languages are 4. So the study abroad is less of a gap year and more of a degree year.

however universities have in the circs waived the requirement to complete one. Either way she’s delusional - going abroad at all was always going to be a challenge but acting like the world is ending because she can’t go Argentina or Spain or whatever is an utter pisstake. She doesn’t even realise how lucky she is to be in Berlinand living there.

I can’t stand how utterly self absorbed she is.

Reactions: 4
the year abroad is a pretty big part of a languages degree in the UK - courses are normally 3 years but languages are 4. So the study abroad is less of a gap year and more of a degree year.

however universities have in the circs waived the requirement to complete one. Either way she’s delusional - going abroad at all was always going to be a challenge but acting like the world is ending because she can’t go Argentina or Spain or whatever is an utter pisstake. She doesn’t even realise how lucky she is to be in Berlinand living there.

I can’t stand how utterly self absorbed she is.
Could she not have done her final year at Oxford this year and then done a year abroad the year after? I imagine lots of student haven’t gone abroad, so eve should think herself lucky that’s she’s in Berlin in the first place and stop complaining all the time

Reactions: 1
Could she not have done her final year at Oxford this year and then done a year abroad the year after? I imagine lots of student haven’t gone abroad, so eve should think herself lucky that’s she’s in Berlin in the first place and stop complaining all the time
yeah I’m sure she could have - IIRC someone on this thread is doing something similar!

either she goes on her year abroad and accepts it’s going to be limited / she’ll have to follow local guidance and won’t be able to come and go where she pleases, which she clearly thinks she still can. It’s her arrogance and utter entitlement that are mind boggling

just because the YA is integral to the degree (normally) doesn’t mean that in the current crisis she deserves to have one

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Oxford are the most unhelpful for changing the way programmes are organised/even helping students with their years aboard, so I’m not quite sure it was as easy for that/I’m not sure she would want too, seeing as she seems to be longing to be in college as much as possible (as in LMH) and seems that she feels like she never has experienced the end of the year at oxford properly and I’m sure in her final year that’s what her goal is

yeah I’m sure she could have - IIRC someone on this thread is doing something similar!

either she goes on her year abroad and accepts it’s going to be limited / she’ll have to follow local guidance and won’t be able to come and go where she pleases, which she clearly thinks she still can. It’s her arrogance and utter entitlement that are mind boggling

just because the YA is integral to the degree (normally) doesn’t mean that in the current crisis she deserves to have one
yeah that was me and what I'm doing postponing it. I didn't have a choice but to be honest I'd much rather be safe in my university in the UK nearer my family than abroad. It meant I had to work really hard over the summer to get to standard but I'll have done my dissertation already when I do go abroad next year and it will be way more relaxed and chilled as I'll have 80% of my degree done already with just a few assignments to do to pass the year (I'm changing from studying to teaching) so when I go out I'll be very close to graduation as it is and will be able to have more fun

Reactions: 5
Yes this omd - my cousin is a Dual citizen (born in Spain but studying over in Leicester. Originally he had a placement in Spain where he and my aunt etc live but the placement company cancelled it so he decided to come back to England to finish his degree here i.e. swap his placement and final year over!

she's wording her bleeping tweets about the uk lockdown as if she's giving us all political advice. BOG OFF
What id to know is what makes her qualified to comment on it, she reads the news but that’s it, she isn’t studying politics, she doesn’t have any sort of qualification in anything politics related

• Heart
Reactions: 12
What id to know is what makes her qualified to comment on it, she reads the news but that’s it, she isn’t studying politics, she doesn’t have any sort of qualification in anything politics related
She’s got an AS level in politics and reads the news and thinks it qualifies her to give us all advice 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
she’s a journalis, didn’t you know? 😝

• Haha
Has anyone actually read her Meridian magazine? I haven’t.
I love it when influencers (normally student age) turn their Twitter into a political commentary page or a news aggregator. Or live Tweet along to TV programmes as if providing some sort of service...

• Haha
lol has anyone seen her newest tweet. i do think it is some dumb rumour people have made up which is a bit tight

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.