Eve Bennett - study YouTuber

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can’t she just stay out in one country, does she know we are in a pandemic? I can’t even watch her anymore as her voice goes through me
I actually dislike her now I can’t believe i used to regularly watch and enjoy her videos. Everything has to be about her all the time, like the pandemic is just out to get her and stop her year abroad. People are literally dying and she doesn’t give a tit about the consequences as long as she has a good time. But really it’s shocking that she thinks it’s okay to move around here and there, and she wants to come back to the UK for Christmas

Reactions: 7
She’s now in Poland!! Who does she think she is, it’s like the virus just isn’t going to get her

• Angry
Reactions: 12
She’s now in Poland!! Who does she think she is, it’s like the virus just isn’t going to get her
Entitled madam at this point. Same with Molly Thompson, gallivanting around like they don’t care. Eve seems so desperate to say she has travelled to XYZ and achieved XYZ, which I understand can be a genuine aspiration, but not during a pandemic!! Where you live in a hotspot! Where people are losing their lives and jobs and security. A lot of these influencers are so desperate for content and to be ‘ hashtag goalzzz’ they just don’t fall in line with the rest of us doing our bit. The closest I have got to a holiday this year was a walk in my local park for an afternoon.

Entitled madam at this point. Same with Molly Thompson, gallivanting around like they don’t care. Eve seems so desperate to say she has travelled to XYZ and achieved XYZ, which I understand can be a genuine aspiration, but not during a pandemic!! Where you live in a hotspot! Where people are losing their lives and jobs and security. A lot of these influencers are so desperate for content and to be ‘ hashtag goalzzz’ they just don’t fall in line with the rest of us doing our bit. The closest I have got to a holiday this year was a walk in my local park for an afternoon.
Even when I moved back to uni I didn’t see anyone outside my household because I respect the bleeping rules and realise that it puts peoples lives at risk when you are irresponsible. Eve and Molly just don’t give a tit as long as they have a good time and get to travel and go out for drinks. It’s actually sad that they need that in order to have a good time, just shows the type of people who can’t spend time on their own and rely on other people/drinking for social approval and having fun

It’s also made me laugh when she said she was doing an internship with the German equivalent of the Daily Mail 🤣🤣 that’s great journalism

• Sad
Reactions: 8
It’s also made me laugh when she said she was doing an internship with the German equivalent of the Daily Mail 🤣🤣 that’s great journalism
Eve would do anything to say she's a journalist, she doesn't care about her morals or politics as long as she's a journalist

Reactions: 6
100% studytubers with an actual brain as opposed to the airhead influencers in general could be using this to their advantage- it’s far more rElatAblE if they talked about the hobbies they’re taking up (lol) or discussing the situation where they are or lightheartedly reminding people what they’re doing to stay safe. Instead they’re acting like nothing is happening and it’s just not the mood anywhere! Not in the UK, not in Berlin, not anywhere!!

Reactions: 4
100% studytubers with an actual brain as opposed to the airhead influencers in general could be using this to their advantage- it’s far more rElatAblE if they talked about the hobbies they’re taking up (lol) or discussing the situation where they are or lightheartedly reminding people what they’re doing to stay safe. Instead they’re acting like nothing is happening and it’s just not the mood anywhere! Not in the UK, not in Berlin, not anywhere!!
I've quite liked Lydia Violetta's response. She's given out some decent advice to freshers about making friends without a freshers week etc. She's also talked about her reluctance to do her year abroad next year. She seems quite sensible, unlike Eve who just seems to see COVID as an inconvenience to her social life.

Reactions: 14
I've quite liked Lydia Violetta's response. She's given out some decent advice to freshers about making friends without a freshers week etc. She's also talked about her reluctance to do her year abroad next year. She seems quite sensible, unlike Eve who just seems to see COVID as an inconvenience to her social life.
And I think this is because she’s outside the oxbridge privilege bubble

Reactions: 6
I like Lydia Violeta, she’s the only study tuber I can watch. I think it’s great that all her latest vlogs have just been her at home doing online uni because that’s what it’s like for the majority of students. Eve thinks that covid is just out to ruin her plans, she’s supposed to be doing a year abroad which I would imagine includes lots of learning/speaking the language but it seems to me like she’s hardly done anything except go out and see friends

Reactions: 12
The way she talks in her new video about having to move to Spain instead of Argentina like it's just SO terrible has wound me up this morning lol. "I don't hate Spain, it just doesn't jump out to me as a place I want to live" well don't come and live here then. And then she says she wants to find bar work?? In Spain?? Where unemployment levels are rising to crisis level?? Spanish people can't find work, what makes you think they're going to employ you!! Wow sorry just needed to get that off my chest

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Spain is so ~basic~ don't you know

It's not like there's a continent and a half that is almost entirely Spanish speaking that she could look at...

The way she talks in her new video about having to move to Spain instead of Argentina like it's just SO terrible has wound me up this morning lol. "I don't hate Spain, it just doesn't jump out to me as a place I want to live" well don't come and live here then. And then she says she wants to find bar work?? In Spain?? Where unemployment levels are rising to crisis level?? Spanish people can't find work, what makes you think they're going to employ you!! Wow sorry just needed to get that off my chest
I don’t understand why she says she hates Spain when she studies Spanish and has been on multiple holidays to Spain. At least she’s got the option to study abroad when a lots of students have been stuck at home. The job thing annoys be so much - there’s growing unemployment, people are losing money and not being able to afford basic essentials. But eve has more than enough money to support herself and she wants to take someone else’s job?? I thought a year abroad was still involving studying not just getting any kind of job in another country. I don’t understand how eves mind works - if she doesn’t want to move to Spain then no one is forcing her, and if she’s just going to get a bar job then why doesn’t she just stay in Berlin and do that there rather than moving to different countries! I used to like eve but now she’s so stuck up and thinks the world revolves around her.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I don’t understand why she says she hates Spain when she studies Spanish and has been on multiple holidays to Spain. At least she’s got the option to study abroad when a lots of students have been stuck at home. The job thing annoys be so much - there’s growing unemployment, people are losing money and not being able to afford basic essentials. But eve has more than enough money to support herself and she wants to take someone else’s job?? I thought a year abroad was still involving studying not just getting any kind of job in another country. I don’t understand how eves mind works - if she doesn’t want to move to Spain then no one is forcing her, and if she’s just going to get a bar job then why doesn’t she just stay in Berlin and do that there rather than moving to different countries! I used to like eve but now she’s so stuck up and thinks the world revolves around her.
It's the shameless entitlement for me. On the other hand, if she thought getting paperwork done in Berlin was tough I can't wait to see how she handles the nightmare bureaucracy in Spain hahaha

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Wow could she sound anymore privileged and annoying?!
Don‘t move to Spain, stay in Berlin or move back to the UK. Postpone Argentina like so many people had to postpone their plans

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Her saying she's tempted to pop back home for the evening for a takeaway got to me, like, ik she's not serious but the fact she stressed she would be able to do it (she specifically stated she has her passport, implying that that would be her only barrier to doing so and therefore that she defo has the funds to justify a spontaneous and trivial flight and that she defo considers it worth it even in current circumstances) is just taking the biscuit at this point

Sorry, I haven't been watching her videos, so I'm lost. If she's studying a year abroad in Berlin, why does she want to move to Argentina? I thought she was studying in a german university.

Wow her new video is boring, she changes outfits about 5 times. It’s an ad for fabletics and she doesn’t go to a gym/work out. And I don’t know if it was the angle or that she’s got a new camera but she looked really different. I don’t mean this in a horrible way but she looks like she’s put on weight especially in her face and her skin looked quite bad. I wonder if she may be struggling being in Berlin on her own, especially as she previously had mental health problems. Since lockdown/ when she moved to Berlin shes changed, like now all her videos are the same and are really boring.

Side note but in her last video she was saying how her music taste is really great but she only ever listens to Billy Joel or Oasis 🤣

Sorry, I haven't been watching her videos, so I'm lost. If she's studying a year abroad in Berlin, why does she want to move to Argentina? I thought she was studying in a german university.
She’s doing a internship with a German newspaper I think and she’s not at a German uni. But because her degree is German and Spanish she wanted to do half the year in Berlin and half in Argentina

Reactions: 1
So she's not studying this year?
Not as such, oxford isn’t like other year abroads, they mainly try to encourage students to work, usually in different areas but it’s a bit of a nightmare

• Wow
Reactions: 3
It seems to me like she’s not doing much work at all though. Not like a proper job 9-5. But she was saying that she wanted to work in a record shop or a bar? I know that might improve language skills but it’s going to be a bit of a shock in her final year when she has to start studying again

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.