Eve Bennett - study YouTuber

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Screenshot_20201105-210235.png

She literally doesn't even entertain the idea that she might not be able to get a job in the exact field she wants to, "cannot wait"..... So so so full of herself

Reactions: 16
If she wanted to do politics as a job why did she drop politics after AS and carry on with English that she always complained about
Tbf they do recommend for journalism you do have some background in English! A lot of journalists do have English degrees. But eveā€™s just a dick

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Tbf they do recommend for journalism you do have some background in English! A lot of journalists do have English degrees. But eveā€™s just a dick
I didnā€™t know that, but she seems to not have been sure about what she wanted to do (not that itā€™s a bad thing) but if sheā€™s been interested in politics this whole time then she should have continued it at alevel. Itā€™s quite clear that she knows nothing about politics though, a few sarky comments on twitter about trump isnā€™t political journalism

Sheā€™s so annoying with her political twitter now (off topic but I canā€™t stand Liv Rook either sheā€™s a miserable twit)
ADDEB56B-CB94-400F-85E7-A51DB94219BF.png
BAA0E4F1-A407-4E31-A83E-540CB491AAE5.png
961BF57C-88A8-493F-86EE-5B28AFA540A0.png
FE78A4E1-3CD3-42D4-BAC9-FEB39D684155.png
039F81A7-A2DE-42A0-9263-FBDD17A54CB6.png
B204B3DB-91A9-44D6-99F1-1DE736B68B0B.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
The most insecure people project an ego as a defense mechanism, Eve takes this to the extreme!

• Wow
Reactions: 13
As much as I hate people on Twitter telling people what they can and canā€™t do, that person has a point! Itā€™s Eveā€™s responsibility to present herself as politically neutral, does she think potential employers just wonā€™t look at her social media? The jobs I want after I graduate require me to be impartial, so I donā€™t put political views all over my socials. Eve needs to grow up and realise that going to oxford isnā€™t going to open as many doors as she thinks

Reactions: 13
Eve needs to very careful with her tweets, sheā€™s very lucky sheā€™s allowed to travel and come back home at Christmas and isolate. Thereā€™s a big worry students wonā€™t be allowed to go home and I for one donā€™t think Iā€™ll be able to see any of my family based on the restrictions Iā€™ve had in my area. She should be feeling very lucky that can can do that rather than complaining her part term in Germany finishes early!

Reactions: 5
Whilst I have issues with Eve, her ambition to become a journalist really isn't one of them. She's been pursuing journalism since her first year and has done a number of good CV builders: the Sky internship, editing the Cherwell, co-founding a magazine, doing two media internships in Berlin. The (sad) reality of political journalism in the major publications and broadcasters is that it is heavily dominated by Oxbridge grads, most of whom didn't do a politics degree. Oxbridge doesn't automatically get you a journalism job, but she stands a better chance than someone doing a journalism degree at an ex-poly. Hate the fact that that's the case, but šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

I can't really critique her for sharing her Hot Election Takes on twitter because my timeline has been FULL of it the past couple of days.

As much as I hate people on Twitter telling people what they can and canā€™t do, that person has a point! Itā€™s Eveā€™s responsibility to present herself as politically neutral, does she think potential employers just wonā€™t look at her social media? The jobs I want after I graduate require me to be impartial, so I donā€™t put political views all over my socials. Eve needs to grow up and realise that going to oxford isnā€™t going to open as many doors as she thinks
Tbf, most media organisations aren't the BBC and have clear political biases. As far as I'm aware, she's never come out explicitly and said which party she supports.

Don't mean to come across as a leg-humper (FJ vernacular coming outšŸ˜…) but I don't think the criticism of Eve the past couple of days has been particularly fair.

Reactions: 8
Eve needs to very careful with her tweets, sheā€™s very lucky sheā€™s allowed to travel and come back home at Christmas and isolate. Thereā€™s a big worry students wonā€™t be allowed to go home and I for one donā€™t think Iā€™ll be able to see any of my family based on the restrictions Iā€™ve had in my area. She should be feeling very lucky that can can do that rather than complaining her part term in Germany finishes early!
You just know that sheā€™s going to complain non stop for the full 2 weeks when she has to isolate

Reactions: 4
Iā€™m wondering what sheā€™ll do with her ā€œinfluencerā€ job and YouTube. Itā€™s not exactly compatible with a high flying journo career. Sheā€™s hardly going to be respected with her click baity YouTube videos, I could be wrong tho- any journalists here?

Reactions: 4
Whilst I have issues with Eve, her ambition to become a journalist really isn't one of them. She's been pursuing journalism since her first year and has done a number of good CV builders: the Sky internship, editing the Cherwell, co-founding a magazine, doing two media internships in Berlin. The (sad) reality of political journalism in the major publications and broadcasters is that it is heavily dominated by Oxbridge grads, most of whom didn't do a politics degree. Oxbridge doesn't automatically get you a journalism job, but she stands a better chance than someone doing a journalism degree at an ex-poly. Hate the fact that that's the case, but šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
I agree with you but she could still show a bit of humility, instead of assuming it's a given that she'll end up being the next Emily Maitlis just because she goes to Oxford. It's the privilege thing, she just comes across as a bit arrogant

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Eve just thinks that one minute sheā€™s going to be tweeting about politics and the next she will be working for the BBC šŸ¤£

• Heart
Reactions: 6
she posted a few stories saying there won't be any video this weekend, and then someone messaged her this
okay, which one of you was it???šŸ˜†
Her little rant about this was cringe. When she gets defensive it really puts me off her. She rises so quickly to comments, really needs to develop a thicker skin and I find it quite petty.

Also how does she think people who do year abroads pay for their rent?! Her internship should pay/student loans. I donā€™t really see what her appeal is these days, I might just clock out of her content now šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 9
she posted a few stories saying there won't be any video this weekend, and then someone messaged her this
okay, which one of you was it???šŸ˜†
The way she said ā€œout of my last 10 videos 6 havenā€™t been adsā€ that means 4 were ads - thatā€™s nearly half!! And when she said that sheā€™s consistently uploaded every week for 6 years - thatā€™s just not true at all, sheā€™s hardly ever been consistent with videos when sheā€™s been at sixth form/ uni

Reactions: 9
Her temper and attitude won't serve her well as a journalist. She might argue she won't let her views affect her impartiality, but if I were an employer and had a look through any of her social media and found that kind of uppity, f-you attitude - any employer! - I'd be deeply put off. Can't imagine what a political editor would make of her.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Why does she think sheā€™s Laura Kuenssberg reporting when really sheā€™s just tweeting to her followers (and most are probably students)šŸ¤£
7F7562C8-76B8-42BA-A5CA-6BA4CE8E2CB2.png
2D851009-9D6B-4433-A33F-0515DA8644B8.png

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.