Eurovision Song Contest 2024

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You can tell by some of the entries this year that some countries just don’t give a tit. Netherlands is catchy but the juries will trash it, Sweden aren’t bothered about hosting next year so have submitted the ironically very forgettable ‘Unforgettable’.

Our entry I think is decent and Olly Alexander is a solid choice. I predict a respectable result, mid board. Israel will (rightly or wrongly) soak up all the hate we normally get.

Reactions: 2
The Ogham script on their face apparently spells out ceasefire. Love the little nod to the situation when other artists don’t seem to be doing much beyond putting out statements

Reactions: 4
You can tell by some of the entries this year that some countries just don’t give a tit. Netherlands is catchy but the juries will trash it, Sweden aren’t bothered about hosting next year so have submitted the ironically very forgettable ‘Unforgettable’.

Our entry I think is decent and Olly Alexander is a solid choice. I predict a respectable result, mid board. Israel will (rightly or wrongly) soak up all the hate we normally get.
Denmark's entry has grown on me a lot in the last couple of weeks (in the ballad section of Eurovision ;) ) but I do love the Netherlands...

1000094211.jpg

Everyone in Croatia is hyped almost as when football world cup is 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm getting rather excited for it, and am looking forward to hopefully have the watchparty here with you ❤ As sad as it might sound to some, having done this the past couple of years with you is one of the most fun evenings each year.

(And yeah, Germany will likely get zero points. Poor guy, the song isn't even bad).

Reactions: 3
Can't belive it's been 30 years since Riverdance had its debut at Eurovision ... 30 April 1994.

30 YEARS! where did it go? Wonder if there will be any mention of it at this year's show.

• Heart
I'm getting rather excited for it, and am looking forward to hopefully have the watchparty here with you ❤ As sad as it might sound to some, having done this the past couple of years with you is one of the most fun evenings each year.

(And yeah, Germany will likely get zero points. Poor guy, the song isn't even bad).
Germany reminds me of James Newman (only better - no giant trumpets!). I hope everyone in the final gets at least a point, I don't like it when they get zero. It always gets phrased that "nobody voted for them" which is never true.

• Heart
Germany reminds me of James Newman (only better - no giant trumpets!). I hope everyone in the final gets at least a point, I don't like it when they get zero. It always gets phrased that "nobody voted for them" which is never true.
I thought this, it's literally Embers 2.0. If it didn't work the first time it won't the second

Germany will absolutely get zero points. And then we’ll have the same discussion as every year about leaving the contest etc. I don’t know why not; Italy stopped sending entires for 12 years despite being among the Big 5 countries. Sitting it out for a few years might not be a bad idea tbh.

I've said it so many times... everyone should go through the semi finals (OK not last years winners), that way all the acts in the final have already proven themselves to some degree. The UK (as an example) don't really learn what it takes to be popular, Sam Ryder was a very fortunate fluke in a 20 year run of mediocracy. A long run of not qualifying might make us up our game.

What's people's opinions on Australias entry I'm a bit disappointed was quite excited for electric fields to do it feel like alongside voyager they've wanted to do it since they started taking part but their song feels really underwhelming to say it's different from all the others they don't seem to have thrown themselves in it like voager did

Germany will absolutely get zero points. And then we’ll have the same discussion as every year about leaving the contest etc. I don’t know why not; Italy stopped sending entires for 12 years despite being among the Big 5 countries. Sitting it out for a few years might not be a bad idea tbh.
Yeah, agree, although I'm also sure that we're at a point where Germany gets zero points bascially for the joke of it and not because the act is genuinely the worst one. Yes, some years we've sent bad acts but often, objectively, the song and the performance wasn't that terrible. Sitting it out, and going through semifinals could fix this.

Reactions: 2
I think the staging will grow on me

the more I look at it, the more I think horny filth, rather than actual filth

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.