Eurovision Song Contest 2024

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if he’s banking on the staging pulling him through out of the bottom spots

there’s plenty of acts apparently depending on playback and/or backing vocals to make their performance better. We may have as well done it 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 1
There is a family show going on right now- some say there’s been slight improvement another said he hasn’t hit any notes again 😭

Olly isn't a strong singer IMO. He has an average voice which is nothing special.
There's many vocalists than can sound fine on a recording but they're not so good live. Mae who we had last year also falls into this category.
I saw him do some live thing on TV a few years back (can’t remember what the event was) and his vocals really weren’t great on that. So we will see.

Running order for this evening:

1 🇨🇾 Cyprus / Silia Kapsis - Liar

2 🇷🇸 Serbia / TEYA DORA - RAMONDA

3 🇱🇹 Lithuania / Silvester Belt - Luktelk

4 🇮🇪 Ireland / Bambie Thug - Doomsday Blue

🇬🇧 United Kingdom / Olly Alexander - Dizzy

5 🇺🇦 Ukraine / alyona alyona & Jerry Heil - Teresa & Maria

6 🇵🇱 Poland / LUNA - The Tower

7 🇭🇷 Croatia / Baby Lasagna - Rim Tim Tagi Dim

8 🇮🇸 Iceland / Hera Björk - Scared of Heights

🇩🇪 Germany / ISAAK - Always On The Run

9 🇸🇮 Slovenia / Raiven - Veronika

10 🇫🇮 Finland / Windows95man - No Rules!

11 🇲🇩 Moldova / Natalia Barbu - In The Middle

🇸🇪 Sweden / Marcus & Martinus - Unforgettable

12 🇦🇿 Azerbaijan / FAHREE feat. Ilkin Dovlatov - Özünlə Apar

13 🇦🇺 Australia / Electric Fields - One Milkali (One Blood)

14 🇵🇹 Portugal / iolanda - Grito

15 🇱🇺 Luxembourg / TALI - Fighter

Taken from: https://eurovision.tv/story/eurovision-2024-semi-final-running-orders-revealed

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Would love the uk impression on the Irish entry. I like it (its different for our usual entries). There is the normal quiet hope we'll get out of the semis but not sure they will

Would love the uk impression on the Irish entry. I like it (its different for our usual entries). There is the normal quiet hope we'll get out of the semis but not sure they will
Personally I thought they might, but then the live performance is too out there, especially at the end, so I'm doutting it now.

I mean it’s not to my taste and I think the current hype after last night is extreme (5th in the odds to win??) but don’t worry it’s qualifying with ease.

Mrs Fluff I liked the toned down version but then realised the usp was the out there aspect of their art. Its memorable though.

have you watched her rehearsal from yesterday? It is in the top 3 stagings of this year. People now think she can win but I personally wouldn’t go that far :)

I mean it’s not to my taste and I think the current hype after last night is extreme (5th in the odds to win??) but don’t worry it’s qualifying with ease.
and Johnny Logan performing. I grew up in the era when J L was a god to all teen girls in Ireland. Its swung back to him being popular again and my sons sing his song while supporting a league of Ireland club which I never quiet understand the connection too.

Reactions: 6
Ireland's entry has grown on me and I think it's good to send something different every once in a while, they've struggled over the last few years (why the hell did they put poor Lesley Roy on a bleeping TREADMILL???)

I also think even though we're not being scored on the semi performance, putting the UK straight after it could really dampen any impact our staging might have.

I will always root for Ireland to qualify :)

we are never the nice neighbours in return though unfortunately!! I did like Sam Smyths song. Olly isn't getting much traction here either.

Reactions: 3
What gets me... is last year Ireland had a great song, I really liked it.

And then they put the lead singer in a gold jumpsuit with an enormous camel toe. WHY? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

1715094407219.png

so big it looks like his arse is on backwards.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
and Johnny Logan performing. I grew up in the era when J L was a god to all teen girls in Ireland. Its swung back to him being popular again and my sons sing his song while supporting a league of Ireland club which I never quiet understand the connection too.
I smiled when he did Electric Pincnic a few years back, and all these youngsters singing along to Hold Me Now with gusto.

I'll always have a soft spot for Johnny, and sadly I'm old enough to remember him winning 1st round (I was very young, mind)
---
Ireland's entry has grown on me and I think it's good to send something different every once in a while, they've struggled over the last few years (why the hell did they put poor Lesley Roy on a bleeping TREADMILL???)

I also think even though we're not being scored on the semi performance, putting the UK straight after it could really dampen any impact our staging might have.

I will always root for Ireland to qualify :)
The treadmill was apparently Lesley's own 'vision'. I liked both her songs (2020/21), but her live singing was non existent.

I wasn't that young!!! and had all the hormones for him!!!! That gold jumpsuit from last year I'd forgotten but its giving me fear all over again.

My brothers party piece is Mickey Joe Harte. Nuff said.

The first semi-final is only a few hours away and yet I still don't feel very excited as usually I am buzzing for the show but this year I just feel like I can't be bothered with it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I smiled when he did Electric Pincnic a few years back, and all these youngsters singing along to Hold Me Now with gusto.

I'll always have a soft spot for Johnny, and sadly I'm old enough to remember him winning 1st round (I was very young, mind)
---

The treadmill was apparently Lesley's own 'vision'. I liked both her songs (2020/21), but her live singing was non existent.
Well then she either needed to up her cardio or someone on her team should've had a quiet word ;) I liked the cardboard cut out premise, I thought it was really standout but it just didn't come together on the day.

Talking of great staging, I have a real soft spot for Moldova back in 2018. Kitsch as hell but really well executed:

And the behind the scenes view:

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Am I seriously the only person who doesn’t watch the previews and goes into the final without having heard any of the songs?
I am such an amateur 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The first semi-final is only a few hours away and yet I still don't feel very excited as usually I am buzzing for the show but this year I just feel like I can't be bothered with it all.
same here

I watched the "all the rehearsals" video on the official youtube channel this morning to try to get into it but so many of the songs this year are just so dreary and samey. Even songs I've been humming for months like Europapa are dull in the staged version. I'm excited for Olly and think he'll do well but not well enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.