Eurovision Song Contest 2024 #4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I need whole world to see this video!!!

Thanks everyone who voted, THIS is what it means after 4 months of hard work and dedication

Also wiwi blogs as biggest fans since day 1 🥺

Aw I love this!!! This is what it's all about!! đź©·đź©·

The postcards were really tit this year too, they gave us nothing. The Irish one looked really cool but gave no context. Disappointing. I love learning new things about the different countries.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I find the public vote very suspect. Maybe I’m reading it wrong, but Ireland gave 10 points to Israel in the public vote? Now I can’ t speak on behalf of everyone in the country, but no one I know is pro-Israel, and we are famously, past and present, the most pro-Palestinian country in Europe, due to our own past. I just cannot see how see would score them at all, and we have a miniscule amount of Jews in Ireland. It’s almost an obvious FU from Israel.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I find the public vote very suspect. Maybe I’m reading it wrong, but Ireland gave 10 points to Israel in the public vote? Now I can’ t speak on behalf of everyone in the country, but no one I know is pro-Israel, and we are famously, past and present, the most pro-Palestinian country in Europe, due to our own past. I just cannot see how see would score them at all, and we have a miniscule amount of Jews in Ireland. It’s almost an obvious FU from Israel.
Well, living in Germany I can guarantee that the votes from here are legit. I’m surprised that the jury didn’t give Israel 12 points.
I’ve seen headlines from the right wing media here today celebrating Israel as the audience favorite, fighting the Israel hate block.

Reactions: 4
I thought Malin was a terrible host. Watching back clips from Liverpool last year and it was a completely different show. The hosts (and I love Petra) were low energy- even their outfits weren’t giving grand final 🤣 Liverpool x Ukraine interval act + the Liverpool songbook - the budget!!! Sweden did an awful job this year. Maybe because they host it so much where as it was a real treat for us and other countries that have hosted in recent years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Yes - I was amazed at that turn of events too 🇮🇪

malin was out of her depth, petra did her best, but was clearly over it

they did the best job they could with the shitshow they were given

it's just been so stressful all round, the ebu need to get tit sorted next year

Reactions: 10
I think perhaps people who were on the fence voted for them becasuse they are sick of protestors who seem to be self absorbed. Other reason could be that peoole support them.

The biggest mistake surely learned from brexit is that you can’t assume everyone thinks the same way.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I thought Malin was a terrible host. Watching back clips from Liverpool last year and it was a completely different show. The hosts (and I love Petra) were low energy- even their outfits weren’t giving grand final 🤣 Liverpool x Ukraine interval act + the Liverpool songbook - the budget!!! Sweden did an awful job this year. Maybe because they host it so much where as it was a real treat for us and that her countries that have hosted in recent years.
Weird, considering how much they fought for it and how proud they were of that win. You would have thought they’d produce the mother of all ESC shows last night. And yes, Liverpool/Ukraine was much better, full of emotion and with lovely Intervall performers.

Reactions: 8
Did anyone catch what happened between Malin and her mother in law last night.

I've scrolled through the threads and can't find if it was mentioned.

Malin interviewee her and then at the end it looked like they were going to have a peak on the cheek before the MIL sat down. Then Malin said you know we are on love TV and then the MIL looked all startled...

Or was this a joke? And above my head?!

I mean, it’s not only Jews that would want to vote for Israel and there are plenty of Jews that wouldn’t want to. Jews ≠ Israel.

Ireland may well be the most pro-Palestine country in Europe but obviously enough people in Ireland voted for Israel they came second. No conspiracy, no hacking, no minuscule amount of Jews up to nefarious activities on behalf of Israel - just that enough of the people who voted in Ireland voted Israel for them to get 10 points. Pure and simple. Whether the motive was politics, feeling sorry for Eden or god forbid just genuinely liking the song.

As Grifty said, Brexit is enough to show votes don’t always go the way people expect them to. And in a country that is as Pro-Palestine as Ireland, it makes sense that people who support Israel would be quiet about it when faced with a vocal opposition.

I mean, it’s not only Jews that would want to vote for Israel and there are plenty of Jews that wouldn’t want to. Jews ≠ Israel.

Ireland may well be the most pro-Palestine country in Europe but obviously enough people in Ireland voted for Israel they came second. No conspiracy, no hacking, no minuscule amount of Jews up to nefarious activities on behalf of Israel - just that enough of the people who voted in Ireland voted Israel for them to get 10 points. Pure and simple. Whether the motive was politics, feeling sorry for Eden or god forbid just genuinely liking the song.

As Grifty said, Brexit is enough to show votes don’t always go the way people expect them to. And in a country that is as Pro-Palestine as Ireland, it makes sense that people who support Israel would be quiet about it when faced with a vocal opposition.
Also, in a country as pro-Palestine as Ireland it’s possible that many people simply didn’t watch and vote for that exact reason. Then you’re left with viewers who don’t care or, well, genuinely like the song. It’s harmless enough to appeal to a variety of people. And if you support Israel in its current actions then of course, you vote for them.

Reactions: 11
Also, in a country as pro-Palestine as Ireland it’s possible that many people simply didn’t watch and vote for that exact reason. Then you’re left with viewers who don’t care or, well, genuinely like the song. It’s harmless enough to appeal to a variety of people. And if you support Israel in its current actions then of course, you vote for them.
That is probably the truth of it.

Reactions: 5
Exactly. No conspiracy needed, just how it works out.

And another thing... If Israel had hacked all the televotes somehow and influenced all the juries, they’d have made sure they won. Nobody goes to all that time and effort to come fifth FFS. All the “they hacked it they must have they influenced it all they forced the broadcasters and they control the EBU because the Jews are a minority here” is just playing into the old trope of Jews controlling the media tbh.

yeah, I've seen this theory knocking about and tbh, it makes sense that that's how israel did so well

ppl have been saying for months that they'd boycott, so they were never gonna vote were they?

Reactions: 3
Did you guys see this? I’ve never seen promo like this before in all
My years watching the contest lol they had her speaking every language

• Sick
Did anyone catch what happened between Malin and her mother in law last night.

I've scrolled through the threads and can't find if it was mentioned.

Malin interviewee her and then at the end it looked like they were going to have a peak on the cheek before the MIL sat down. Then Malin said you know we are on love TV and then the MIL looked all startled...

Or was this a joke? And above my head?!
Was discussed last night, think this was meant to be some form of humour there but as with the rest of the show it was just flat 🥴

Tbf the way voting has gone the past couple of years I wouldn’t be that surprised if they feel like their vote doesn’t actually count all that much if one country overwhelmingly gets jury support

Reactions: 2
I'm Swedish and I'm happy with how ESC turned out, no one blow up the arena and no one died, Sweden made it to top ten and Norway increased its leadership in the marathon table over most last places. Thanks for letting us have the twins while you sent some folk music about wolves that ended up in a scream psychosis dear neighbors! :D But it's not that strange Martin and Martinus competed for Sweden, they live here. But sadly they got a lot of hate like many others this year. So much hate in ESC nowadays, that is so sad. I think people have lost it completely, hating ot artists and if their favorite don't win they start screaming that they been robbed and the result was rigged and so on. Like little kids or Trump supporters that don't get everything they point on. Sometimes I think social media is ruin the world, bitter people can just throw up all their hate on others and spread lies with no consequences. And no, we don't vote for UK because we hate you. We like you! ❤ But except for Space Jesus UK sends crappy songs. I think the people needs go take the power of choosing the song that will represent you from the BBC, they clearly need some help.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
malin was out of her depth, petra did her best, but was clearly over it

they did the best job they could with the shitshow they were given

it's just been so stressful all round, the ebu need to get tit sorted next year

I agree. Malin looked quite wooden and uncomfortable. Also the outfits for the grand final were disappointing. I recall that they changed into some sparkly dresses for the vote count, but they could have worn that throughout the night. Instead of the boring black/white outfits.