Eurovision Song Contest 2024 #4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have cancer you idiot. If a friend of mine started to complain about having a cold to me after all I have been through I'd tell them to dry up pretty bleeping quick and we'd both move on from it. Don't try and school me on how cancer patients are bleeping gardens of empathy, we are less tolerant for entitled bullshit than most.
Ok. Show me exactly where Olly was talking in Palestinian media or directly to Palestinians about the abuse he’s faced then? As what he’s doing is the same as talking to a cancer patient, he must have had tons of interviews with Al Jazeera and the local Palestinian influencers right?

Someone with the flu is allowed to complain. It doesn’t mean they think they have it the absolute hardest in the world, it simply means that like most people in the world, they realise it’s not all about who has it shittiest, and many things can be tit simultaneously.

Reactions: 7
Ok. Show me exactly where Olly was talking in Palestinian media or directly to Palestinians about the abuse he’s faced then? As what he’s doing is the same as talking to a cancer patient, he must have had tons of interviews with Al Jazeera and the local Palestinian influencers right?
What the hell are you on about? You made a dumb comparison between a person with the flu and with cancer and instead of admitting it was dumb your doubling down and conflating tit.

I read the article I believe you posted and imo Olly is more than a tad tone deaf in it so I have duck all empathy for him.

Reactions: 3
What the hell are you on about? You made a dumb comparison between a person with the flu and with cancer and instead of admitting it was dumb your doubling down and conflating tit.

I read the article I believe you posted and imo Olly is more than a tad tone deaf in it so I have duck all empathy for him.
No. I believe that someone that has cancer has it worse than someone with flu, but someone with flu is also ill and feels tit. They can appreciate they are better off while also complaining they feel tit. Both things can be true simultaneously. And my comparison didn’t say the person who felt tit was going to the person with cancer to specifically tell them, you added that to try to derail.

It’s not a dumb comparison, you just clearly don’t have the empathy to appreciate more than one thing can be true at once and that you can be suffering even if you aren’t the worst off.

Reactions: 13
No. I believe that someone that has cancer has it worse than someone with flu, but someone with flu is also ill and feels tit. They can appreciate they are better off while also complaining they feel tit. Both things can be true simultaneously.

It’s not a dumb comparison, you just clearly don’t have the empathy to appreciate more than one thing can be true at once and that you can be suffering even if you aren’t the worst off.
You are a strange one.

Omg why has it gotten so aggressive
Sorry, my bad! Who knew having compassion for more than one person/set of people at once would prove to be my most controversial take 😂😂

To be back on topic, how much of a sigh of relief do we think Petra gave this morning that the entire shitshow was over? I bet she’ll never offer to host again if Sweden win in the future 😂 (I love Petra, not shading her in the slightest)

Reactions: 9
Oh well there goes my sympathy for him. Nothing complicated about what's happening in Gaza, no two sides to a Genocide I'm afraid. Cry me a river Olly. The atrocities that occurred last night while this show was on and we are expected to feel sorry for these privileged pricks??

So he can cry you a river because death threats were effecting him but he didn't "do the right thing" and pull out.....just like all the other singers didn't?

If you want a privileged prick look no further than the Irish entry. Off her head straight woman masquerading as queer non binary.

Reactions: 13
So he can cry you a river because death threats were effecting him but he didn't "do the right thing" and pull out.....just like all the other singers didn't? Top tier BeKind stuff in action. Bravo.
Sorry in that article I didn't see mentions of death threats?

"In the documentary, titled Olly Alexander’s Road To Eurovision ‘24, the singer says: “A lot of the contestants and myself have been having a lot of comments that are like ‘You are complicit in a genocide by taking part in Eurovision’ which is quite extreme. It’s very extreme.

"I understand where that sentiment is coming from but I think it’s not correct. It’s an incredibly complicated political situation, one that I’m not qualified to speak on."

If you want a privileged prick look no further than the Irish entry. Off her head straight woman masquerading as queer non binary.
I would looove to have an actual discussion about Bambie and people's thoughts on how they've been presenting themselves throughout the contest but this just ain't it

Like it makes me laugh that they spent the week speaking out about the censorship and the whole situation with having Israel there, but then it comes to the actual final and the most they do is have a watermelon pillow with them and relate everything they say back to their gender-identity. It's coming off as trying to use the whole situation to gain the protest vote 🤭

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I would looove to have an actual discussion about Bambie and people's thoughts on how they've been presenting themselves throughout the contest but this just ain't it

Like it makes me laugh that they spent the week speaking out about the censorship and the whole situation with having Israel there, but then it comes to the actual final and the most they do is have a watermelon pillow with them and relate everything they say back to their gender-identity. It's coming off as trying to use the whole situation to gain the protest vote 🤭
That’s how Bambie comes across to me too. Like, if they’d won, duck the EBU would have been nowhere to be seen I would lay money on it, they’d have just been celebrating and cheering.

If you felt as strongly as they claimed, even before the participation of Israel, you wouldn’t even have considered entering something that makes a lot of money for an Israeli sponsor. The actions do not match the words with Bambie. (Or the many people online who still watched it and voted - again making money for an Israeli company. So I can see why she appealed tbh).

• Sad

But that's exactly what it is. All this painting their nails different colours, writing ceasefire in ogham writing 🙄, crying about people telling them they are complicite by performing, saying "peace now" and expecting the world and it's mother to pat them on the back!? I don't get it. Just preform and be quite about it or make a stand and actually do something. Or walk. They all had choices.

It's so weak willed, I have no patience for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
f you felt as strongly as they claimed, even before the participation of Israel, you wouldn’t even have considered entering something that makes a lot of money for an Israeli sponsor.
Said it before but this always boils down to not having anyone who has strong views on the situation there at all. You'd end up with a bunch of BBC-neutral statements and that's exactly what Israel wants

I think it's fine to participate but then also use that platform, especially on the very night when everyone is watching, to send a message. Remember Iceland sneaking in Palestine flag-items into the greenroom when it was hosted in Tel-Aviv? ...yeah.

Reactions: 6
Said it before but this always boils down to not having anyone who has strong views on the situation there at all. You'd end up with a bunch of BBC-neutral statements and that's exactly what Israel wants

I think it's fine to participate but then also use that platform, especially on the very night when everyone is watching, to send a message. Remember Iceland sneaking in Palestine flag-items into the greenroom when it was hosted in Tel-Aviv? ...yeah.
They didn’t really send a message though and that’s the issue to me? They acted like they were going to and cried about not being able to have their ceasefire in an obscure language face paint but they didn’t actually finish the job and do anything. That’s what it makes it seem like they were just trying to get the vote. Even in this press conference, duck the EBU isn’t quite… it? Crying that Israel qualified and beat you so duck the EBU doesn’t really get the message you’d expect from them across. duck Netanyahu would be much more on the money.

Even sneaking a watermelon cushion in is pretty shite compared to an actual Palestinian flag - if the Icelandic team could do that literally in Israel, what’s Bambie’s excuse?

Edited cos apparently I’m illiterate at this point and make a million mistakes.

Reactions: 7
The public weren’t intimidated by the fear of violence that the judges and contestants faced. So at least there’s that. 🤍❤🤍❤

Reactions: 4
Israel should never have been allowed to participate imho. Selective by the EBU, perhaps as they are a sponsor they turned a blind eye.

Bambi Thug should just stfu with her histrionics. If she felt so strongly, she shouldn't have participated, perhaps hold a press conference stating why and get on with her career and the subsequent publicity off the back of the EuroV stance.

Likewise Olly, if he was so afraid, depressed and not enjoying the experience, he shouldn't have participated, moreover don't give a repellent, vulgar badly sung performance and have it excused for the reasons mentioned.

He was absolutely atrocious & in the vernacular that is used these days...."own it Olly" and learn and grow from it":rolleyes:

I enjoyed the interaction with you all last night and it made for a really enjoyable Eurovision for me at least. ♥

I loved Croatia's Baby Lasagna and wished they had won but all in all I can live with, what I suspect is another attention non binary irritant winning.;)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think i said this on the NI thread yesterday but there is an Irish rap group called Kneecap who I disagree with mostly politically but they pulled out of coachella, probably at great personal cost because they disagreed with some of the sponsors. Bambie doesn’t give a duck, it is crocodile tears.

Reactions: 11
I think i said this on the NI thread yesterday but there is an Irish rap group called Kneecap who I disagree with mostly politically but they pulled out of coachella, probably at great personal cost because they disagreed with some of the sponsors. Bambie doesn’t give a duck, it is crocodile tears.
South by Southwest* not Coachella

Reactions: 1
If all these “super power” leaders can’t fix what’s going off in Palestine I don’t see what a few singers in a song contest can do other than show their support and spread the message the best they can. I’m not sure what a mass walk out would’ve achieved really. The whole show is cancelled? Yeah it would’ve sent a message but it would’ve also been spinned let’s face it “we can’t even have an innocent song competion anymore etc”. Maybe Israel should have stepped down but we know that’s never happen, maybe they should’ve been disqualified and then there’d have been antisemitism calls. I think the whole think was rock and a hard place really.