Eurovision Song Contest 2024 #4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also, George Michael in that video was dealing with the incident with humour. A bit of humour might have made a difference to Olly’s effort. (Although George could also sing, so there is that).
That video was 1998 too - 26 years ago.
And Frankie Goes To Hollywood’s Relax was 1983 (41 years ago!).
And yet Olly somehow thinks he’s “edgy”.
I know, it's boring now.

Reactions: 7
THIS

View attachment 2930916

He was a reserve
He almost gave up on music
He never sang live until february
They are all amateurs, the "oldest" person from the team is 32
They did everything themselves without any help and despite all the obstacles
I wasn’t a massive fan of his song but he looks like such a sweetheart here. I hope he has a lovely career as he seems lovely.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
So if you follow that line of argument, where are the noisy minority in Europe demonstrating in support of Russia? the public demonstrations that noisily assert Russia's historical right to the country of Ukraine? I must have completely missed this!!

Because just like Israel, the Ukraine also got a lower vote from the juries and an unexpectedly large vote from the public vote? And Ukraine have also got a large sympathy vote from the public in the past 2 years. A vote that I think has very little to do with the song and more to do with public sympathy for their war against Russia.
It’s just a different situation. The same way as Azerbaijan participate and even hosted without a single peep from anyone about the ethnic cleansing they are doing and there haven’t been massive protests over any of the other currently occurring genocides. Different things are considered differently and I think anyone who denies there is a strong minority of people amongst the protestors who are only protesting against Israel because of antisemitism is in laalaa land - because there’s absolute silence from them about the other genocides so it’s clearly not all just that. I don’t doubt the majority of protestors have pure hearts but certainly not all.

Reactions: 7
Got to laugh at Graham Norton being called a bigot and someone who ought to know better on twitter for saying "he's done it!!" after the Swiss bloke won. Someone even angrily saying that surely the non binary flag was a bit of a giveaway. Really? How many people do they really think have the first clue about what the non binary flag looks like. Load of childish nonsense.

Calling a man "he" just comes instinctively and these spoilt children just need to cope with that.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
The same way as Azerbaijan participate and even hosted without a single peep from anyone about the ethnic cleansing they are doing
Apparently Loreen at the time said a few things about it

Anyway it’s always a bunch of whataboutism about these things

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Got to laugh at Graham Norton being called a bigot and someone who ought to know better on twitter for saying "he's done it!!" after the Swiss bloke won. Someone even angrily saying that surely the non binary flag was a bit of a giveaway. Really? How many people do they really think have the first clue about what the non binary flag looks like. Load of childish nonsense.

Calling a man "he" just comes instinctively and these spoilt children just need to cope with that.
Graham is from my neck of the wood and absolutely not bigoted

• Heart
Reactions: 12

It's such a load of tit, I honestly have no time for privileged people victimising themselves when there is so many actual horrors going on in the world 🙄🙄

Reactions: 13
Apparently Loreen at the time said a few things about it

Anyway it’s always a bunch of whataboutism about these things
It’s not whataboutism to say different conflicts are treated differently. Eg Russia/Ukraine, Yemen, Azerbaijan, Israel/Palestine are all treated differently hence the difference in votes, views, Eurovision participation and whether or not people want to protest 🤷‍♀️. Similarly previously there was uproar about the Iraq conflict and in particular the drone attacks while the ones in Pakistan were largely overlooked despite both being US led with UK support. It’s just the way it is.

Reactions: 6
Even olly saying he’s going to make the song the gayest ever was a bit condescending/patronising, as if that’s all he needed to do to win it. And it didn’t work…
I honestly believe if the staging hadn't been so dirty (meaning the room not the dancing) it would've done better. It was just so grimey.

Next year we should just send Barry Scott with a crate full of Cillit Bang.
---
What hell?
This is why I ended up as Dustin the Turkey in that Eurovision quiz... It explains a lot ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I didn't like that the voting was open before everyone had sung this year. That might have given a slight advantage to acts on early and a lot of people don't watch the semis just the main show.

Reactions: 13
I didn't like that the voting was open before everyone had sung this year. That might have given a slight advantage to acts on early and a lot of people don't watch the semis just the main show.
I thought that was a real disadvantage to the acts towards the end, and all it was was a cash grab by the EBU. It didn't speed up the voting process in any way it just lined their pockets by giving people longer to vote.

Reactions: 14
I thought that was a real disadvantage to the acts towards the end, and all it was was a cash grab by the EBU. It didn't speed up the voting process in any way it just lined their pockets by giving people longer to vote.
While I’m happy enough with the voting system I do wish they’d speed up announcing the jury votes, that seemed to go on forever this year particularly 😂 there’s got to be a quicker way to do it while still having some drama.

Reactions: 10
While I’m happy enough with the voting system I do wish they’d speed up announcing the jury votes, that seemed to go on forever this year particularly 😂 there’s got to be a quicker way to do it while still having some drama.
I love Johnny Lofq

Reactions: 1
If they got podge and Rodge to do it for Ireland I would throw out my British passport and campaign for UI right now.

• Haha
Reactions: 1