Eurovision Song Contest 2024 #4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know someone who has the same manager as him. Apparently he was really really struggling because of all the criticism he was getting back home for not boycotting. The BBC also shielded him from doing much press up until the last few weeks when it was necessary to avoid over exposure/ having to deal with lord hate.Even the posts he been putting up on instagram/tik tok has been posted on his behalf by his management as he deleted all social media on his phone during this period.
Hes been receiving death threats at home, as in posted to his actual home, his mum has been as well, he has been regularly followed and harrassed when out and about. He loves eurovision, but he has hated it for the last few months.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Hes been receiving death threats at home, as in posted to his actual home, his mum has been as well, he has been regularly followed and harrassed when out and about. He loves eurovision, but he has hated it for the last few months.
Yeah that’s what I have a real problem with.

When it spreads to that level, the motivations of those doing that are very very questionable to me. Harrassing people for living their lives, going after their families, targeting them relentlessly is not an acceptable way to try to gain support for your cause. I think that’s also part of why Israel had support, not just “those evil zionists and gammons” but people sick of others trying to force them and others to come into line and abusing anyone who doesn’t do exactly what they say.

I really feel for Olly on that in particular, and the other entrants who didn’t sign up to have people abuse them and try to force them into vocalising views they may or may not share and being a figurehead for it. If they choose too, like Bambi, fine and all power to them but not everyone always has to take a public stand on everything whether or not it’s the social media outrage trend of the week.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
How dreadful. What's wrong with these people?
🤬
As if anyone singing a song in a competition makes any difference at all to what's going on the other side of the world.

Reactions: 10

Death threats and hate from the ever tolerant far left BeKind gang? What a shock. Monsters the lot of them.

Reactions: 12
I didn't like that the voting was open before everyone had sung this year. That might have given a slight advantage to acts on early and a lot of people don't watch the semis just the main show.
The thing with the voting whether they open it at the beginning or the when everyone's performed its not going to please everyone in previous years the early acts have been disadvantaged due to the lines opening up at the end now they have a slight advantage so it is what it is people moaned in previous years that the last few acts had the advantage and the eariler acts didn't so not sure how they solve that

Ugh don
Ugh don’t make me cry

The thing with the voting whether they open it at the beginning or the when everyone's performed its not going to please everyone in previous years the early acts have been disadvantaged due to the lines opening up at the end now they have a slight advantage so it is what it is people moaned in previous years that the last few acts had the advantage and the eariler acts didn't so not sure how they solve that
I suspect it makes no difference too

The people who have their faves will votes for their faves. The average viewer may vote as they go through each song - you have something like 20 votes to use? Or wait for all the songs to perform

Reactions: 3
Death threats and hate from the ever tolerant far left BeKind gang? What a shock. Monsters the lot of them.
In what way are death threats from pro-israel commiting genocide left or kind? He hasn’t received any death threats from those who are against genocide, the threats only started once his name was on the joint statement at artists received.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The death threats shouldn’t have happened regardless of who they came from. But the UK really need to get a proper song next year to compete.

Reactions: 7
In what way are death threats from pro-israel commiting genocide left or kind? He hasn’t received any death threats from those who are against genocide, the threats only started once his name was on the joint statement at artists received.
The death threats will be from people AGAINST Israel and him daring not to pull out in support Palestine. Also the far left BeKind gang are exactly the sort who attach themselves to nonsensical campaigns like Queers for Palestine.

Reactions: 9
Don’t lie. Olly has spoken numerous times about the insane amount of pressure he’s been put under to boycott and how he’s been repeatedly accused of supporting genocide.

And last week he broke down during an interview when asked about how activists had put pressure on him to boycott the show.

He told the Times, when asked about looking downcast during a pre-Eurovision party in London: 'Yes, I struggled that day. I was holed up in a room trying not to have a breakdown.

'Normally, you get on stage and turn it on, but I felt really unable to do that.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I feel really sad for him he seemed so excited to do it can tell eventually it's dragged him down where we go from here or who on earth will want to follow in the footsteps I've no idea but for the first time ever I'm glad esc is over

Reactions: 5
Don’t lie. Olly has spoken numerous times about the insane amount of pressure he’s been put under to boycott and how he’s been repeatedly accused of supporting genocide.

And last week he broke down during an interview when asked about how activists had put pressure on him to boycott the show.

He told the Times, when asked about looking downcast during a pre-Eurovision party in London: 'Yes, I struggled that day. I was holed up in a room trying not to have a breakdown.

'Normally, you get on stage and turn it on, but I felt really unable to do that.
Oh well there goes my sympathy for him. Nothing complicated about what's happening in Gaza, no two sides to a Genocide I'm afraid. Cry me a river Olly. The atrocities that occurred last night while this show was on and we are expected to feel sorry for these privileged pricks??

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
Oh well there goes my sympathy for him. Nothing complicated about what's happening in Gaza, no two sides to a Genocide I'm afraid. Cry my a river Olly. The atrocities that occurred last night while this show was on and we are expected to feel sorry for these privileged pricks??
I would have been interested to know what he would have said had the BBC not been involved. As I understand, contestant's previously have gone against their broadcasters to "protest" on things, so it's not only the EBU to blame in some cases. I know the consensus yesterday was that the French contestant giving a speech would likely annoy the French broadcaster

There's also the rumour that he/the BBC (less likely) wanted to withdraw after Israel qualified

Reactions: 1
Oh well there goes my sympathy for him. Nothing complicated about what's happening in Gaza, no two sides to a Genocide I'm afraid. Cry my a river Olly. The atrocities that occurred last night while this show was on and we are expected to feel sorry for these privileged pricks??
I mean two things can be true at once. Most normal humans are capable of realising you can feel terrible about what happens in Gaza while also having sympathy for someone facing a deluge of harassment and abuse. Just like you can appreciate someone with cancer is worse off but also appreciate someone with flu probably feels like utter tit. A point that seems to be lost on many on the pro-Palestine side - perhaps why the other genocides are ignored. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 10
I would have been interested to know what he would have said had the BBC not been involved. As I understand, contestant's previously have gone against their broadcasters to "protest" on things, so it's not only the EBU to blame in some cases. I know the consensus yesterday was that the French contestant giving a speech would likely annoy the French broadcaster

There's also the rumour that he/the BBC (less likely) wanted to withdraw after Israel qualified
Well he could have withdrawn if he wanted, he could have made a political statement if he wanted but he didn't. Just own it and shut up about it trying to play victim. That's what annoys me.
---
I mean two things can be true at once. Most normal humans are capable of realising you can feel terrible about what happens in Gaza while also having sympathy for someone facing a deluge of harassment and abuse. Just like you can appreciate someone with cancer is worse off but also appreciate someone with flu probably feels like utter tit. A point that seems to be lost on many on the pro-Palestine side - perhaps why the other genocides are ignored. 🤷‍♀️
If a person with the flu started complaining to a person with cancer they should be rightly told to shut the duck up.

Reactions: 4
If a person with the flu started complaining to a person with cancer they should be rightly told to shut the duck up.
I feel most people with cancer are rather more compassionate than that and realise it’s not a race to the bottom of “unless you have it the absolute worst shut the duck up”. I presume that’s why Yemen and the others being genocided are being ignored cos they can “shut the duck up because what’s happening in Gaza is worse” as well, only the truth is their genocide just isn’t trendy enough, only Gaza is.

And as I bet the abuse didn’t come from Palestinians, nor is Olly describing his abuse to Palestinian media which would be the analogue to someone with flu complaining to someone with cancer, so it’s a straw man argument anyway.

I feel most people with cancer are rather more compassionate than that and realise it’s not a race to the bottom of “unless you have it the absolute worst shut the duck up”.

And I bet the abuse didn’t come from Palestinians, nor is Olly describing his abuse to Palestinian media, so it’s a straw man argument anyway.
I have cancer you idiot. If a friend of mine started to complain about having a cold to me after all I have been through I'd tell them to dry up pretty bleeping quick and we'd both move on from it. Don't try and school me on how cancer patients are bleeping gardens of empathy, we are less tolerant for entitled bullshit than most.

• Heart
While I’m happy enough with the voting system I do wish they’d speed up announcing the jury votes, that seemed to go on forever this year particularly 😂 there’s got to be a quicker way to do it while still having some drama.
They could do it in the same way the public votes are announced. But I think they don’t actually want to change it, as it’s Eurovision tradition. They used to announce every point from the juries/public; now THAT truly took ages 😁

Reactions: 1