Eurovision Song Contest 2023 #4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Everyone ready for the ticket drop in a little over 30 mins? I'm going to give it a go for the Friday Preview or whatever it is they're calling it now, but I have to go out shortly after 9, so will leave it to fate, if it's meant to be then I'll get tickets easily, if not then it's just not meant to be this year.

---
lol 341500 people in the queue ahead of me, so I guess I won't be going 🤣

Last edited:
There’s still tickets to both live semi final shows available but knowing I probably won’t get flights/hotels is putting me off… and I don’t want to go on my own either 🙈

Reactions: 1
someone at work got ticket for seminfinal preview 😂 they weren't want he wanted either, but happy he got anything at all.

olly alexander rumoured to have put himself forward for 2024? think he'd do quite well tbh
just announced on strictly he is representing us!!! he seemed made up and really proud so hope he manages to do something different and a bit more in touch with a modern audience.

Reactions: 6
just announced on strictly he is representing us!!! he seemed made up and really proud so hope he manages to do something different and a bit more in touch with a modern audience.

Song written by him and another successful writer to be announced later.

I'm pleased as he clearly wants to do it (and has for couple years).

Wasn't at all prepared for it to be announced so early.... a friend messaged me (I don't watch strictly)

Reactions: 3

Song written by him and another successful writer to be announced later.

I'm pleased as he clearly wants to do it (and has for couple years).

Wasn't at all prepared for it to be announced so early.... a friend messaged me (I don't watch strictly)
was thinking the same, usually dragged out til lent when it's been leaked from the music video set anyway. hopefully it builds a bit of hype and people get to know him a bit better!

Reactions: 2
Brilliant news about Ollie 👏 thank god for Sam, he's set the bar so high, now we're attracting good singer/song writers to eurovision who take winning seriously. I thought Mae was robbed last year though and deserved to be around the middle at least not the bottom

Reactions: 3
Brilliant news about Ollie 👏 thank god for Sam, he's set the bar so high, now we're attracting good singer/song writers to eurovision who take winning seriously. I thought Mae was robbed last year though and deserved to be around the middle at least not the bottom
To be fair to Ollie, he's wanted it for a while (he wanted to do it the year Sam was picked) so he's not just jumping on the bandwagon (and he was doing really well in his career at that point rather than all the other has-beens that we've had over the years). I feel bad for Mae, I thought she was worth better than last but her performance on the night was a little iffy. She comes across really well on social media.

I do wish everyone went through the semis. I think we lose exposure by not performing with everyone else (and of course, you have to get through a vote to qualify which would hopefully mean less finishing dead last).

Reactions: 2
I'm not entirely sure how to feel about this tbh

Last I remember seeing him was one of the BBC New Year's concerts and he just didn't sound great live. I've since seen some others say that this is still a bit of an issue for Olly

Based on some of the songs I have heard I also fear that we will end up with a very forgettable song

I wouldn't be half mad if we tried to re-create Sam with a bit of a formula. Spaceman was a bit of an eh song but his vocals really sold it, so I think we can afford sending low/mid songs if the vocalist is good and has the opportunity to showcase their vocal talent

I've just listened to him live on a few videos as the only time i've heard him sing is on the Breathe cover (which I'm quite fond of)

No expert here, but I think he struggles a bit timing and diction. The latter might not matter that much in Eurovision and maybe other issues can be worked on.

Stage presence wise, though- I think he's memorable and that counts for a lot. He has great energy. Fingers crossed the song is decent.

To be fair Ollie will put on SHOW and that's half the battle with Eurovision. No idea how he sounds live, but I do like his songs, so I think we're in a for a good shot!
MOD EDIT: 2024 thread here

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5
Hasn't Petra hosted it like 1000 times?
This will be her 3rd eurovision

coming up hot on the tails of katie boyle, the record holder of hosting it 4 times in the uk

although tbh, after last year I genuinely think hannah waddingham should be given the job every year forever, no matter where the host city is. rylan should also be involved