Eurovision Song Contest 2023 #4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So much for that, hahaha.

I wonder how much if anything they get paid to participate. Not much info is available online other than their expenses maybe being paid. It’s no wonder artists end up doing ads and things, especially with streaming paying so little. Realistically, nowadays they have to do shows to earn money through music rather than rely on album sales. I expect it’ll be part of the reason why Sam Ryder has been everywhere. I respect him for that though - he’s clearly working hard to make music his income rather than taking the easy route and start shilling any old crap.
Based on his Instagram Sam has taken about 5 days off in the past year. I somehow can’t imagine Mae having the same work ethic.

Reactions: 5
Lots of this, but still no explanation of why it was so bad live. If she'd of sounded like the studio version it would have done alright.

The vocals were on par with Chantelle from kandyfloss

Reactions: 1
She tweeted 'I hate this country' but it was out of frustration with politics. The media outrage was standard manufactured nonsense and xenophobic imo. Certainly social media was. So many angry men on social media telling her she's not British anyway because of her grandfather's heritage, so yes, she should migrate. I had to report so many bloody posts.

Would the media criticise her for being a nepo baby when most of them are too? They used to be hypocritical like that but I think they don't want to risk scrutiny anymore.

Reactions: 3
I guess it's not a surprise that Ukraine and Malta gave the UK the 9 public vote points.

Netherlands public vote was the only one that the UK came last in.

I see 4 Eurovision songs in the UK singles top 10 today... :)

2. Loreen - Tattoo
6. Kaarija - Cha Cha Cha
9. Mae Muller - I wrote a song
10. Alessandra - Queen of Kings

Reactions: 6

2. Loreen - Tattoo
6. Kaarija - Cha Cha Cha
Wow that's quite the jump from the midweeks, apart from Mae who's down a few places 😬

I wonder if she's giving music a swerve now?

Reactions: 2

2. Loreen - Tattoo
6. Kaarija - Cha Cha Cha
I actually had no idea the charts were still a thing!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Daily Mail Online today claiming that the BBC wants Sophie Ellis Bextor next year 😂

good luck with that, there’s a reason that few established artists will touch it, they simply don’t need to!

• Haha
Daily Mail Online today claiming that the BBC wants Sophie Ellis Bextor next year 😂

good luck with that, there’s a reason that few established artists will touch it, they simply don’t need to!
What utter DM bollocks. The likelihood is the BBC haven't even started to decide if the are gonna use Tap again to find an act. DM just need pages for clicks.

Without the benefit of a few wines I've just looked at the Croatian song again and much as I love the daft entries in Eurovision, this traumatised me.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Not a new PB article, but relevant. On why we have poor success. Screenshots because it's paywalled and won't archive.

Attachments

Reactions: 8
Good (and unsurprising) choice - if they run out of hotels there you can stay in Copenhagen and get the bridge across (or helicopter if you like)

if they run out of hotels there you can stay in Copenhagen
I think this is sort of what makes it a bit surprising. Eurovision can clearly bring in a lot of money for the local economy and now it will likely be shared partially with Denmark

I guess they either decided that Stockholm can't cope, or they actively want to use the opportunity to promote to Europe that you can fly into Copenhagen and then pop over to Sweden. A little bit of hotel trade and air passenger duty lost to Denmark might be well worth it in exchange for teaching Europe how close and easy to cross the bridge from Denmark to Sweden is.

I guess they either decided that Stockholm can't cope, or they actively want to use the opportunity to promote to Europe that you can fly into Copenhagen and then pop over to Sweden. A little bit of hotel trade and air passenger duty lost to Denmark might be well worth it in exchange for teaching Europe how close and easy to cross the bridge from Denmark to Sweden is.
Definitely a shrewd move, which will benefit Malmo as a tourist destination. The idea of breaking up a long weekend in Malmo with a trip to Copenhagen would appeal to many