Eurovision Song Contest 2023 #4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Stockholm was pretty much out of question, the biggest arena is already in-use then for an icehockey match and the other two locations' owners were not in favour of using their space.
Malmö is nice and a nip to Copenhagen always well worth it. Will likely be cheaper to stay in Malmö or Lund (there's a train) than in Copenhagen, but if anyone wants to fly in, fly to Copenhagen, the airport is much bigger and usually a lot cheaper. Train for CPH to Copenhagen or Malmö takes nearly the same time as well.

Reactions: 3
Malmø Got it last time it was in Sweden too! I am pretty happy, living in Denmark 😂 it is a very easy train trip to Malmø from Copenhagen! I have a Friend who does a Daily commute and my boyfriend worked in an office where loads of Swedish people traveled to Denmark everyday!

Reactions: 2

TaP have tapped out of selecting the entrant. So God knows what we will send to Sweden next year.

• Sad
I don’t feel like Tap did that much. It sounded like Scott Mills was the one who put Sam forward and Tap dropped the ball with Rina.

I don’t feel like Tap did that much. It sounded like Scott Mills was the one who put Sam forward and Tap dropped the ball with Rina.
I think their overall submissions have been better than whatever the hell BBC were sending. Even if Mae was a bit of a flop, the song wasn't that bad - a very good choice for a home crowd one would argue - and the problem was more with her lack of vocals and possibly staging

I fear the BBC are just going to give up again and send the most mediocre songs and people they can find. Even if the likes of Sweden are a bit boring and predictable, at least they normally deliver a good song at the contest

Reactions: 1
in the best way possible, i agree w the consensus that we sent mae over someone like rina bc we didn't want to be lumbered with hosting two years in a row. i think if the 2023 contest had been in ukraine and we funded it as one of the big five as normal then we'd have sent someone better, although with loreen competing i'd imagine we'd still not have won. saying that though, i did really like mae overall, i think she had the right attitude and glad she just used it as a chance to have a laugh, but was let down on the night with vocals / a low mic and staging.

I wonder if mae muller will actually release her album?

She went on about a tour at the end of the year, now it's been quietly cancelled with her blaming in on "industry nonsense and scheduling issues". Sounds like it was lack of sales especially as they've cancelled it really early.

In kind of relevant news Toto Cutugno (Italian winner in 1990) died today.

• Sad

She went on about a tour at the end of the year, now it's been quietly cancelled with her blaming in on "industry nonsense and scheduling issues". Sounds like it was lack of sales especially as they've cancelled it really early.
Wouldn't surprise me.

She just didn't connect with people the way Sam did.

I wouldn't pay to see her live as she was terrible at Eurovision. It's a shame as I did think the song would do well at Eurovision when I heard it.

Käärijä has spent most of the summer touring and has a small European tour in October, his concert venue for London has been upgraded twice due to demand.

Reactions: 6
I saw Mae at Bestival last year and Sam there this year and she was much more compelling in my opinion.

Reactions: 1

This girl had all the industry contacts and family connections to make it, but the reality is her songs aren't great and she comes across pretty unlikable. I'm more surprised she was told by her team that she was capable of selling out a tour 🤣

Yeah a ropey Eurovision performance with a very minor hit doesn't scream sell out tour. Although the studio version of her song is decent.

I can't see the album being a hit next month, in a way I'm surprised she's putting herself up for more public humiliation. But maybe she's got 1'500 pre-orders so has a guaranteed top 20?

Off to Malmo (via Copenhagen) next year at the beginning of May (first weekend). We'll just miss Eurovision (we fly home on 7th) but that's probably a good thing for my hotel costs 😆

I’m in a bit of a pickle, I booked my friend tickets for Olivia Rodrigo as her Christmas present thinking Eurovision was the week after but no, it’s the same day!!😭😂 I may have to heckle and see if she’ll sing a Eurovision song 🤣

• Haha
Tickets will start selling in two days!

Prices look reasonable, Grand Final seats starting at ~75€ and other viewings even as low as 13€.
I'd love to go, plane tickets will make this very expensive though.