Eurovision Song Contest 2021

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It would be interesting to see UK try sending the wonder of X Factor or something similar which is what some other countries do

sure, Eurovision isn’t that well recognised among the industry but a lot of the X factor winners don’t seem to do a whole lot anyway
Problem being that X Factor was ITV and Eurovision is BBC. The Beeb have tried TV show formats in various guises to decide in the past, none of which have really worked.

Reactions: 1
It would be interesting to see UK try sending the wonder of X Factor or something similar which is what some other countries do

sure, Eurovision isn’t that well recognised among the industry but a lot of the X factor winners don’t seem to do a whole lot anyway
The problem is, it doesn’t match up with the rules, winners of X factor in the UK automatically get signed to record labels don’t they? Or they get a single realised (which must mean they get a deal) and you’re not allowed to be a signed artist so they’d have to change the ending

Problem being that X Factor was ITV and Eurovision is BBC. The Beeb have tried TV show formats in various guises to decide in the past, none of which have really worked.
We've tried the X factor/Pop Idol thing before. Andy Abraham, Lucie Jones and Jessica Garlick have represented the UK.

Jedward, Saraah Alto and Ruth Lorenzo have also appeared at Eurovision.

Reactions: 2
The problem is, it doesn’t match up with the rules, winners of X factor in the UK automatically get signed to record labels don’t they? Or they get a single realised (which must mean they get a deal) and you’re not allowed to be a signed artist so they’d have to change the ending
You don't have to be unsigned to go to Eurovision.

Reactions: 2
This is the running order, there's 26 so one for every letter of the alphabet. We should all pick a country to cheer on based on our tattle name ie mine starts with w so I get no 23. The Netherlands!!

Screenshot_20210521-212644_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210521-212652_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: 3
Bit disappointed because mine is a woman I feel I can’t unleash my true potential here. Can I pick a wildcard too???? 😁

• Haha
OK so Ukraine seem to have ines from married at first sight Australia shouting her heed off in a turf dress.

I suppose I'll take it

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.