Estée Lalonde

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You guys are generous, I didn't even mean her timelines, she couldn't recall specifics about any of it and would say "they didn't ask me any questions, they just asked me a few questions (like my name and my age)" in one sentence.. tit like that drives me nuts.. and she would pause and try to recall bits about the process, you'd think she would at least know what she's talking about if she decided to stop and film a video. Anything to plug in gold plated Daisy jewelry tho, right..

Reactions: 8
Couldn’t believe how badly the plating was coming off and she just said “you can have it replayed” I’m not a fan of yellow gold personally it doesn’t suit my skin tone but why would I spend that kind of money on jewellery to have to keep paying out to replate it

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Your husband and I are in the same boat! Best of luck to him in the process :)
I know she could stay, but it just seems odd to me that she was buying flats, etc, while not bothering with citizenship - and then especially when she was with Aslan, because surely the view would be to get married, have kids etc and it's all just that tiny bit tougher without citizenship. But I could be biased, everyone I know on ILR is dying to make their citizenship applications 😅
Ahh so sorry!! You obviously know how it works, didn’t meant to explain what you already know 🤣 but thought it might help others if they didn’t know the process.

Yeah it doesn’t really make sense that she waited, as she always talks about London being her home... we definitely can’t wait until citizenship because then it’s just final! After being on visas for 7 years, knowing that you can live life without any restrictions, will be quite nice! I also think it would have been super helpful talking more about the process/delays because of covid but maybe it didn’t affect her as much. Who knows!

Good luck to you too, hope it all goes smoothly 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I just watched her becoming a uk citizen video, why she keeps avoiding saying his name? Any legal issue? What surprises me is that she used plenty of times the non married partner visa but Borat is not British and to be honest not sure how a Kazakh could manage to live in the UK, I really doubt it was a working visa because the guy was useless I know he belongs to the wealthy minority families of a extremely corrupt country like Kazakhstan but still.
Her moaning about influencers and bloggers not making an income during the first lockdown was just pathetic, I have heard the same moaning from many of them and "please this is the way I pay my bills and want to keep doing what I love" so basically receive freebies and upload content pretending that you love it and actually use those products? All that "work" would take less than an hour, get a bleeping real job, the last black friday I basically unfollwed a bunch of people on instagram because it was insane the way the promote crap and push the affiliate links, "buy, buy, buy!" then the poor me while they live alone in a massive apartment in London and aoending like crazy.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I just watched her becoming a uk citizen video, why she keeps avoiding saying his name? Any legal issue? What surprises me is that she used plenty of times the non married partner visa but Borat is not British and to be honest not sure how a Kazakh could manage to live in the UK, I really doubt it was a working visa because the guy was useless I know he belongs to the wealthy minority families of a extremely corrupt country like Kazakhstan but still.
Her moaning about influencers and bloggers not making an income during the first lockdown was just pathetic, I have heard the same moaning from many of them and "please this is the way I pay my bills and want to keep doing what I love" so basically receive freebies and upload content pretending that you love it and actually use those products? All that "work" would take less than an hour, get a bleeping real job, the last black friday I basically unfollwed a bunch of people on instagram because it was insane the way the promote crap and push the affiliate links, "buy, buy, buy!" then the poor me while they live alone in a massive apartment in London and aoending like crazy.
I'm going to presume it's because his family bought off the British government and bought their citizenship. His family are well known for being bad news so she may be worried that being associated with his family could cause her problems.

I'm going to presume it's because his family bought off the British government and bought their citizenship. His family are well known for being bad news so she may be worried that being associated with his family could cause her problems.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I do think that influencers complaining about the money they are making is somewhat out of touch too. At the moment there are people on furlough / made redundant / self employed whose income is reduced due to covid and there are people relying on food banks not knowing how they will pay the bills. She's sitting in her million pound flat worrying about how she will afford the next £600 pair of shoes. If she was really struggling she could sell some of her possessions and she'd probably have enough to live on for a couple of years, a luxury most don't have.

Reactions: 16
What is funny is that basically she is getting the chance to become British thanks to Aslan if it wasn't for him she would have stayed just two years in the UK, so sad when a woman has everything she has thanks to a man and not herself because even her social media and "fame" started and grew up thanks to his financial support. She said she could move to NY, ermm only if you get another bf there who would support your visa and still...

Reactions: 6
What is funny is that basically she is getting the chance to become British thanks to Aslan if it wasn't for him she would have stayed just two years in the UK, so sad when a woman has everything she has thanks to a man and not herself because even her social media and "fame" started and grew up thanks to his financial support. She said she could move to NY, ermm only if you get another bf there who would support your visa and still...
Sorry, I get you don't like Estee, but this is just not true. Sure, back then it would've been a lot harder to get residence in the UK without a British spouse but still much easier for a Canadian than pretty much anyone else. And as an influencer with good income, it's really easy to get the "extraordinary ability" (O-1B) US visa, plenty of them have done it. I'm also pretty sure that there's a residence ('green card') option too, actually, I'm sure you can find more info about it if you're interested. So, no, a wealthy Canadian citizen really has more options to move to NY than a US bf...

Reactions: 7
The irony of influencers getting anything under the guise of 'extraordinary ability' is too much for me

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Sorry, I get you don't like Estee, but this is just not true. Sure, back then it would've been a lot harder to get residence in the UK without a British spouse but still much easier for a Canadian than pretty much anyone else. And as an influencer with good income, it's really easy to get the "extraordinary ability" (O-1B) US visa, plenty of them have done it. I'm also pretty sure that there's a residence ('green card') option too, actually, I'm sure you can find more info about it if you're interested. So, no, a wealthy Canadian citizen really has more options to move to NY than a US bf...
But did she have good income then? I get that she cold theoretically move to the US under the aforementioned vomit-inducing extraordinary ability (in what? Does what influencers do count as 'the arts'?) but I don't see her as getting to that stage without Aslan's support. I know she started vlogging pretty much on her own, but I feel like her remaining in the UK was very much contingent on him and his family's money.

Reactions: 5
I actually have a friend who got a job in US with that visa as he didn't hold a degree but he had a massive experience in IT and I witnessed how hard was to collect all the papers and everything for the visa to be approved, but he had a job offer and a company desperate to cover that position. How Estee or any influencer would get an extraordinary ability visa, that makes no sense because America has already way too many influencers, I can believe a brand offers a work visa, and I used to believe Canadians could easily move to America till they told me that unless you are Justin Bieber is also really hard for them. And Estee herself was basically the one who said she managed to stay in UK after her first visa expired thanks to Aslan so yes the first one was probably because of being Canadian but the next ones were thanks to a boyfriend.

Reactions: 3
I don't think she would have made it as big as a youtuber without Aslan to begin with, didn't he edit all her videos? I imagine he was also the one funding all her shopping sprees to fill her videos with products to talk about. Not even sure she would have been able to afford living in the UK on her own tbh. I don't think her family was in a position to really help her out financially. I know she was working at the Body Shop and living with Megan from LipsoFacto for a while but that was very shortlived, she moved into Aslan's giant London townhouse shortly after and I don't think she's had a real-world job since.

Reactions: 11
I don't think she would have made it as big as a youtuber without Aslan to begin with, didn't he edit all her videos? I imagine he was also the one funding all her shopping sprees to fill her videos with products to talk about. Not even sure she would have been able to afford living in the UK on her own tbh. I don't think her family was in a position to really help her out financially. I know she was working at the Body Shop and living with Megan from LipsoFacto for a while but that was very shortlived, she moved into Aslan's giant London townhouse shortly after and I don't think she's had a real-world job since.
Yeah like after the break up you could tell the massive difference in the editing quality of her videos, and getting the good equipment for doing YouTube is not cheap at all and certainly working in the body shop would give you much money even living with someone, living in London is very expensive and it would take a while before you can make an income out of blogging or doing videos

Yes!! Was that around the time when she completely threw Fran under the bus for not editing videos correctly? Or were her and Aslan still together at that point?

Yes!! Was that around the time when she completely threw Fran under the bus for not editing videos correctly? Or were her and Aslan still together at that point?
Don't remember but to be honest sometimes I think they are still together

The irony of influencers getting anything under the guise of 'extraordinary ability' is too much for me
Being such a hardcore bullshit artist can be considered an extraordinary ability I guess lol..

This! Estee doesn't seem particularly driven or creative. Aslan kept her stable, gave her a lot of content ideas (think the book was a lot of him), and helped in producing a lot of it too - either by making an appearance or helping film/edit. I can imagine Aslan paid for a lot of the equipment too because he was nerdy that way. I think Estee got big back then because she was showing off a lifestyle - a lifestyle that def at the begining she couldn't have afforded by herself. Estee seems very bitter about the split, I mean even years later can't even bring herself to mention his name - and whether she still loves Aslan or not I have no idea, but I think she mourns the easy carefree life he gave her.

Reactions: 13
This! Estee doesn't seem particularly driven or creative. Aslan kept her stable, gave her a lot of content ideas (think the book was a lot of him), and helped in producing a lot of it too - either by making an appearance or helping film/edit. I can imagine Aslan paid for a lot of the equipment too because he was nerdy that way. I think Estee got big back then because she was showing off a lifestyle - a lifestyle that def at the begining she couldn't have afforded by herself. Estee seems very bitter about the split, I mean even years later can't even bring herself to mention his name - and whether she still loves Aslan or not I have no idea, but I think she mourns the easy carefree life he gave her.
Also the whole idea of moving to another country for a guy you met online and now living together - it wasn’t as common or at least spoken about as it is now so it was something fun to watch.

Reactions: 4
Being such a hardcore bullshit artist can be considered an extraordinary ability I guess lol..
Right, it's pretty ridiculous... But I guess in the immigration context when most immigration is really about choosing people who do (or are very likely to in the future) make a lot of money = pay a lot in taxes (again, theoretically....as we all know how that usually goes), it does make sense.

One of the posts above reminded me how much I would love to know what really went down between her and Meg (she was still blogging then) who at least seems like a nice person...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.