Estée Lalonde

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been watching her for a while and it seems she smokes a lot of weed these days and drinks a lot of wine. So that might be a cause to it. Not saying there's anything wrong with gaining weight just offering an explanation.
does she Say she smokes a lot of weed or was or something people found out in other ways? I’ve not kept up with her in a billion years and the last I remember of her she wouldn’t even drink Haha!

Reactions: 2
does she Say she smokes a lot of weed or was or something people found out in other ways? I’ve not kept up with her in a billion years and the last I remember of her she wouldn’t even drink Haha!
Oh right... her "alcohol allergy". That was back when she declared suddenly that she was also intolerant to lactose. That suddenly went away after her break up.

As for the weed I think some people found old photos on facebook where she was smoking.

Reactions: 3
She smokes a lot... also a few years ago when her and ‘Chels’ went to Waterloo said they would get high and then get behind the wheel and drive. She’s trash.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
Ooof talk about ill fitting and cropped, and ugly.. also stuff like this takes very little $ to make.

The last time she was happy was with Seacucumber in Brooklyn... Oof (per her latest insta post)

Reactions: 1
I really feel for her in her latest video. I think she’s overwhelmed with Effie and took on much more than she could handle. Reggie was an easy, older dog that didn’t require as much work and attention (plus she shared responsibilities with Aslan). I don’t think she was prepared for how much dogs can turn your life upside down when they’re young and still learning.

Reactions: 8
I really feel for her in her latest video. I think she’s overwhelmed with Effie and took on much more than she could handle. Reggie was an easy, older dog that didn’t require as much work and attention (plus she shared responsibilities with Aslan). I don’t think she was prepared for how much dogs can turn your life upside down when they’re young and still learning.
Yeah. I feel like it's the most honest video she's had for a while, which I enjoyed. Effie also sounds like quite a special case and a lot of work. Having had a temperamental pet myself it's really stressful when you feel like you've hit a brick wall in their development.

I'm actually watching that vlog right now, 7 min in... uff, the dog stuff seems very stressful and she's still completely petrified of almost everything.

Yeah I thinks she got a dog to help herself and instead now the pet requires actual work on her end for what, an 11th month now, also who knows if Estee doesnt drive it crazy with her laugh lol.

I don’t feel bad for her, sorry. And it is not just because it’s Estée, it would be with anyone. I’ve worked with many anxious and reactive dogs. I don’t buy for one minute that multiple behaviourists told her Effie was the most nervous dog they have ever seen. I can tell you outright, that’s bullshit. Unless they were scammers or had JUST started working lol, I know unequivocally that there are countless dogs in FAR worse shape than Effie and people going through so so so much more. I’m sorry if that sounds heartless. Perhaps she doesn't know how much worse it could’ve been. But this is why I caution about even getting a dog, it is actually a gamble.

Imagine reactivity on top of nervousness. Imagine each walk with your dog, having to dodge and navigate away from people and animals and children to keep a safe distance, constantly anxious because your dog barks and lunges when nervous. Then you have to deal with the stares and mean comments. Imagine having a dog where you have to have it leave your apartment before having visitors over, because it is too reactive to even chill in your house when guests are there.

Estee has a nervous dog, yes. But we have SEEN the evidence as to why she’s at most a moderate case— it goes on walks, it comes into restaurants with her, it accompanied her on picnics, she takes it into crowded urban areas, public transit, it went to Soho Farmhouse with her ffs! Others can walk her, she meets other dogs, Estée has people over with Effie. So many people with these anxious dogs, people I’ve worked with, would kill for their dog to do that. Yeah I get it, it’s still hard for her. Okay. But after seeing what others have gone through (including a loved one of mine who has had a really difficult time), hearing Estee implying that she had the most nervous dog you could ever get? Like yeah Effie will be a less social dog but you can still live your life as normal and take her on normal walks, calm down.

As for her crying because there’s no one else there to take her out for a walk? WHAT DID YOU THINK WHEN YOU INSISTED YOU NEEDED A DOG WHILE LIVING ALONE?

I mean, how inevitable was it that she’d start a sob story about Effie and how hard her life is because she has a dog. Rme.

Makes sense why she’s still obsessed with Reggie, she just wants her old dog back with her old life.

Reactions: 24
I mean if you have never dealt with a dog that is super nervous or has some behavioral ticks it can be a lot. I do think Estee should have done more research before adopting but I appreciate that she is at least trying and not just giving up.

Reactions: 6
I mean if you have never dealt with a dog that is super nervous or has some behavioral ticks it can be a lot. I do think Estee should have done more research before adopting but I appreciate that she is at least trying and not just giving up.
I can understand this, really, because I get that for a lot of people they’ve had normal/‘friendly’ chill dogs. But what got me was the sobbing comment about no other dogs being as nervous as Effie. It’s just so blatantly untrue, she is either lying or like I said, being scammed. (I lean toward the former). Effie is your average nervous rescue with some special needs.

And again, I get that experience is all relative, but she has a dog that can be walked, dogsat, literally sit in a restaurant with her, or stay in a hotel, or attend a full party with her. She simply does not have it that bad. She doesn’t. Sometimes, having perspective really does help. I sympathize with Estee’s depression but I find her spoiled wallowing a separate issue.

Oh, and it wasn’t too long ago she was doing the same sobbing to the camera (with another requisite crying face thumbnail) about how she just HAD to have another dog and it didn’t matter that it would be work she just had to have one because she had so much love to give, etc. This girl is SO SPOILED and indulged and I’m at the point where I find her tears manipulative. Straight up.

The second she said she didn’t like being the only one to take Effie on a walk?... yeah I don’t think she’s going to keep her.

Reactions: 9
I can understand this, really, because I get that for a lot of people they’ve had normal/‘friendly’ chill dogs. But what got me was the sobbing comment about no other dogs being as nervous as Effie. It’s just so blatantly untrue, she is either lying or like I said, being scammed. (I lean toward the former). Effie is your average nervous rescue with some special needs.

And again, I get that experience is all relative, but she has a dog that can be walked, dogsat, literally sit in a restaurant with her, or stay in a hotel, or attend a full party with her. She simply does not have it that bad. She doesn’t. Sometimes, having perspective really does help. I sympathize with Estee’s depression but I find her spoiled wallowing a separate issue.

Oh, and it wasn’t too long ago she was doing the same sobbing to the camera (with another requisite crying face thumbnail) about how she just HAD to have another dog and it didn’t matter that it would be work she just had to have one because she had so much love to give, etc. This girl is SO SPOILED and indulged and I’m at the point where I find her tears manipulative. Straight up.

The second she said she didn’t like being the only one to take Effie on a walk?... yeah I don’t think she’s going to keep her.
Sounds like she needs a responsible dog walker who would take her on walks. Why would you take a dog to a party? 🧐

It seems highly irresponsible of Wild at Heart to send such a nervous dog to go live in a high stress environment like London with someone who doesn't have previous experience dealing with an anxious pet! Yes, it's great for rescue dogs to get adopted, but finding the right match is SO important to make sure they don't end up needing to be be re-homed again down the road.
And it wasn't very smart of Estée to take on an anxious dog when she herself has no structure in her life and doesn't have a grip on her own anxiety.
I respect her for her commitment to helping the dog, but I think the situation is allowing her to put a lot of focus on fixing Effie's anxiety so that she doesn't have to take responsibility for her own mental health.

Reactions: 21
It seems highly irresponsible of Wild at Heart to send such a nervous dog to go live in a high stress environment like London with someone who doesn't have previous experience dealing with an anxious pet! Yes, it's great for rescue dogs to get adopted, but finding the right match is SO important to make sure they don't end up needing to be be re-homed again down the road.
And it wasn't very smart of Estée to take on an anxious dog when she herself has no structure in her life and doesn't have a grip on her own anxiety.
I respect her for her commitment to helping the dog, but I think the situation is allowing her to put a lot of focus on fixing Effie's anxiety so that she doesn't have to take responsibility for her own mental health.
Her lack of self-awareness has lead her to this, as usual. And the insistence to focus on things that might temporarily fix her (but never do).
What got to me in that vlog was her claim that she talked to five (!!) different behaviorists? Is she following the same pattern with her dog's problem like with her own? One therapist is too "vanilla" so on to the text until they tell her what she wants to hear?

Reactions: 4
I agree with this, but I don't know what the process is. Would wild at heart necessarily have known that Effie was so nervous? I think they probably all assumed it was the circumstances and she would be fine in a few months. I think if Estee had known this going in she probably wouldn't have picked Effie (but I could be wrong). I have to give her credit that she has stuck with it though, many people would have given her back or tried to adopt her out. I do wonder if Effie is also feeding off of Estee's anxious and nervous behaviour? I can imagine Estee is full of up and downs and no structure whatsoever.

Reactions: 2
Unless the dog wasn’t nervous when she got her (wasn’t she just a puppy) and because este isn’t emotionally stable/a good pack leader the dog has to take the responsibility of being the leader itself which of course results in a very tense/anxious dog

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.