Estee Lalonde #5 Navigating through life one Aslan's trust fund transfer at a time.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think instead of bath products Estee should have just started her own winyard.

1674873272323.png

well looks like even the wine was free

1674873340763.png

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I don’t know why her whole “it’s so weird hosting an influencer event as a brand founder instead of attending as an influencer” thing is so annoying. Girl. Mirror Water is an influencer brand co-owned by your wealthy ex-boyfriend. It always has been and always will be. If you didn’t already have a following, there would be nothing to set your brand apart from any other.

Reactions: 16
Huh...interesting choice. She (very intentionally) wore a see-through top showing her bra to a business dinner. And not just any business dinner, but the one where she's the host/guest of honor and she's representing her brand. She's such a professional, as always.

Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 6.07.03 PM.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
I mean, that business dinner included mostly people like her so it probably wasn’t as bad as it would have been in the actual adult world. But as always, she can’t pull it off and she once again dresses against her body type.

Huh...interesting choice. She (very intentionally) wore a see-through top showing her bra to a business dinner. And not just any business dinner, but the one where she's the host/guest of honor and she's representing her brand. She's such a professional, as always.

View attachment 1923520
She would love the comparison. Didn't she use to live not too far from the Bridget Jones flat location?
To be fair I don't find her outfit inappropriate for the type of event this is. I think someone could come in a bralette at a launch party and no one would raise one eyebrow. This is the marketing industry.

It just doesn't suit her though. Surprised these people still don't get the help from a professional stylist. Styling, or decorating is clearly not Estee's forte (and she doesn't like editing, so what is she good at exactly in the creative field???).

Reactions: 8
"We were on a really tight budget so we used aluminum foil"

There's no shame in being on a budget, especially as a new company. I get that.

However, there IS shame in taking such a high salary and blowing so much company money on other stuff, that when it comes time to hosting a dinner, you have to make a centerpiece out of tin foil. There's a difference between having no money and mismanaging money because of your own greed and ineptitude.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Is she bleeping kidding.. the retreats she gets invited to look like something out of the Versailles half the time, maybe if she has one massage or vacation less per month she would be able to rent some tableware.

I swear, I think an act of charity would actually be the end of her. Unreal.

Reactions: 15
Who edits her vlogs nowadays? They're up so quickly these days after a MW event, so I'm guessing it must be one her employees? Because especially on the pop up store weekend, I couldn't imagine Estee spending half a day at Space NK, going home and edit a vlog. That would be almost like....working?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Is she bleeping kidding.. the retreats she gets invited to look like something out of the Versailles half the time, maybe if she has one massage or vacation less per month she would be able to rent some tableware.

I swear, I think an act of charity would actually be the end of her. Unreal.
Right? Mirror Water just signed a deal with Space NK, I simply do not believe the budget was that tight. She was just being insultingly cheap. It would’ve been better for them to not have the event at all, because this was a really bad look. She has no concept of: you have to put money back into your business in order to make more money.

I also love how her employees made sure to emphasize “this is all you, Estee” and “this was Estee’s idea” because they were so embarrassed by the aluminum foil. 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
-The accommodation was free
-The wine was free
-I’m sure if they had any goodie bags they were full of free products too
-I bet she didn’t pay the influencers for their free promotion of the event
-The food she actually provided was: sandwiches, soups and a spinach phylo pastry which I buy on days I cba to cook.

Don’t run an event for 10 people if you have less than £100 a head. Simples.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
She does this all the time, she will have some sad office party for her workers and serve the most depressing looking junk food, then will film stories of her out to a fancy dinner with Amelia right after. Real nice.

• Wow
Any time Estee mentions books, I laugh. I highly doubt she finished A Little Life, but she still bangs on about it 3 years later.
---

Also, she is a boomer trying to act like a Cool Girl.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Wouldn't it be great if one of her employees was secretly gathering material for a book slamming influencers, and this one
in particular? Maybe in the style of The Nanny Diaries-I'd read it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Wouldn't it be great if one of her employees was secretly gathering material for a book slamming influencers, and this one
OMG this is actually a brilliant idea.

Reactions: 5

Omg, I would buy that so quickly 😂

Hmm I personally nominate…Chloe and/or Rebecca to write it! Chloe because of her “I’m so over this sh*t” look every time the camera pans to her during a vlog — her pure disdain both cracks me up and makes me think she’s got some #tea. And Rebecca because she’s (probably?) been with Estee the longest and (probably?) has the most stories…and I still can’t tell if she’s playing Estee or not regarding their ‘friendship’).

Even a Glassdoor review page on working for the company would be an entertaining read. Sometimes I like to think to myself that the Mirror Water employees have a secret group chat bashing Estee behind her back.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Any time Estee mentions books, I laugh. I highly doubt she finished A Little Life, but she still bangs on about it 3 years later.
---

Also, she is a boomer trying to act like a Cool Girl.
Omg this. I don't see how it can be her favourite book? It screams I've only read three books in my life and I say they're my favourites.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
If I were at the office and had to take a Google Meet call with my boss while she was getting her hair done at the salon, I’d be LIVID.

Come on and write that exposé, Chloe!

• Wow
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.