Estee Lalonde #4 Mirror Water on the wall, who is the Goopiest of them all

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think one of the main differences is that back then she didn't resent her followers, which now she clearly does. She didn't hate what she did because she was living comfortably with Aslan and basically could have stopped YouTube anytime. Now she HAS to work to keep up her luxurious lifestyle and keep the freebies coming and you can tell that she hates that. I've said this before, but if she had any successful side project that would bring in money long-term, she'd stop YT immediately. Which is why she's hoping for Mirror Water to become big. Which it won't, but I guess she still hopes it will.
I don't know, she has been resenting her followers for a long time now. I think somewhere along the Scandinavian road trip she came to believe that she was a gift from god. Even the way she stared at the camera changed, she was so arrogant and I felt like she hated youtube because she believed she deserved much much more.

Quite a few youtube personalities thought they were over youtube and thought themselves in the same line with a-list celebrities. I mean, how could she think mirrorwater can be anything like goop? The only selling point of goop is gwyneth paltrow herself. I can't stand her but even a slight mention of her in the interview (cooking steamed clams barefoot in her kitchen for the interviewer) is influential. Estee had similar potential, for upper-middle-class women in their early 20s with her dog and her second-hand market trips. She has lost that but hasn't replaced it with anything else.

They're all so ungrateful. they had the privilege to become full-time YouTubers, have a community, build a business and all that.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
On all the Mirror Water community calls she actually has no idea what’s going on. Chloe answers all the questions about the business and how they do things 🥴

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Estee has a vlog of a dinner date with Amelia and her weird dude friends, I think Estee would have looked better in more casual clothes, they went to bathroom half way to film this gold

1646636355047.png

1646636403640.png

1646636074265.png

1646636125618.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Omg I had forgotten about Amelia's weird guy friends (including Guy himself).

Definitely a little over-dressed with the lace.

Reactions: 5
what happened to her upper body anyway? she used to have a very petite frame that had nothing to do with weight. even in her overweight years (back when she had platinum hair) she looked smaller. now even her head looks somewhat large. is it some camera trick? if this was someone else I would have thought she put on some muscle but this is estee, and she doesn't do anything to work towards a goal.

Reactions: 5
what happened to her upper body anyway? she used to have a very petite frame that had nothing to do with weight. even in her overweight years (back when she had platinum hair) she looked smaller. now even her head looks somewhat large. is it some camera trick? if this was someone else I would have thought she put on some muscle but this is estee, and she doesn't do anything to work towards a goal.
TBH i think it might be age? and probably a combination of not being as active. That's what happened to me – when I was walking to work every day, generally way more active, early-mid 20s, my frame was different from mine now in my late 20s and hitting 30. I don't weigh that much more than I used to, but my body has changed a little with age and lifestyle changes.

Reactions: 12
It's always been hard to gauge Estee's body because she dresses like someone who's five inches taller and 30 pounds thinner. I'm not saying she's overweight, or that her body is anything to be ashamed of, but she can't keep dressing like an off-duty model when she's short and curvy.

Because, instead of looking chic, something like the lace just looks mumsy on her. I think she's mentioned before that Jeanne Damas is a big style influence for her... and their bodies couldn't be more dissimilar.

In the end, I feel for Estee in a way because she's trapped. She obviously doesn't want to do YouTube anymore, Mirror Water is going nowhere, and she never really amassed enough of a following to be able to completely disconnect and go full-time on YouTube with partnerships... especially if she wants to keep living like a Kazakh oligarch.

She could go back to school, move back to Canada, maybe go into PR, but I think it's also impossible to imagine her trying to work in a real work environment that doesn't let her take her dog for 30 walks a day and get coffees at various trendy cafes.

Reactions: 14
She used to dress so cute with her Top Shop Jamie jeans, sweaters and little necklaces walking Reggie, now it's a very missy looking wardrobe. I think she gets a lot of gifted clothing, probably most of it, at least she's over her phase of wearing those #gifted crocheted grandma sweaters that belong in the Shire with the hobbits.

Going back to school would do her good, but I don't see her being able to commit. I also can't imagine her working for someone other than herself, she'd really have to show up.

She used to dress so cute with her Top Shop Jamie jeans, sweaters and little necklaces walking Reggie, now it's a very missy looking wardrobe. I think she gets a lot of gifted clothing, probably most of it, at least she's over her phase of wearing those #gifted crocheted grandma sweaters that belong in the Shire with the hobbits.

Going back to school would do her good, but I don't see her being able to commit. I also can't imagine her working for someone other than herself, she'd really have to show up.
I think her style was always a little awkward and ill-fitting, but it's definitely been better than it is now. With her money, I'd skip another overpriced facial or salon visit and invest in a stylist instead.

i saw her at london fields this weekend. i thought the dog seemed familiar and then looked over and realised it was estee. she was with some tall nondescript guy. she looked very average too, wouldn't have looked at her twice tbh.

Reactions: 12
The only reason why Estee is marginally more tolerable these days is because she has a boyfriend. She seems less depressed and ready to move on (and remove her tattoos) because she doesn't have to be insecure and single anymore. If you watch the last 20 seconds of her latest blog, you can hear a guy talking in the background. It has nothing to do with therapy, or mirror water bullshit, or seeing a therapist, it's from being with a dude. Y'know deep down, her existence is validated by this new dude, because in the past she was always so miserable being by herself. Remember back when she couldn't be without A$$lan for 2 weeks?

She's looking weird in the chest/shoulder area because her haircut makes her look like a chode.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Wait is this a new guy? It seemed like she broke up with the guy a few weeks ago since all her stories/posts were about being single …

Reactions: 1
In the end, I feel for Estee in a way because she's trapped. She obviously doesn't want to do YouTube anymore, Mirror Water is going nowhere, and she never really amassed enough of a following to be able to completely disconnect and go full-time on YouTube with partnerships... especially if she wants to keep living like a Kazakh oligarch.
She might feel trapped but she certainly is not. She has more opportunities than the 99% of the world. Not just money, there are people wealthier than Estee but she has a community, followers and a degree of fame. She soon will have dual citizenship of two of the most desired countries in the world. She is white, she is pretty, she has connections and a banging network. She can do anything. She could, and can still get following if she didn't constantly attack her followers.
I used to love that black Monki sweater she used to wear, I looked for a similar product for years.

I think her relationships are bound to fail for a while. I'm pretty sure she wants someone to fill Aslan's place. A provider who does everything for her. But that kind of co-dependent relationships usually work with younger women. She's not a young girl anymore and not being able to peel a banana wouldn't look that endearing.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
1646951963009.png

Imagine going to a session to hear about women in STEM and Estee shows up to speak to you - what a joke. I bet she had to google STEM when she first got invited 🤦‍♀️

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
View attachment 1116916
Imagine going to a session to hear about women in STEM and Estee shows up to speak to you - what a joke. I bet she had to google STEM when she first got invited 🤦‍♀️
Maybe she has explained it elsewhere but WHY was she invited to speak on the launch of a STEM program? WTH. Also, she looks like a black-and-white clown with those shoes and the pants that hit her right at the cankle, and the ugly, formless, wrinkley blouse. Why does she make such an effort to dress like a fool?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Number 11? It says 10 on the door :unsure:

1646956659629.png

Just get a rich bf to film you for years while he pays property taxes and the mortgage lol.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I will never understand this outfit! You have all the resources and access to fashion and this is what you choose to wear? Yikes

Reactions: 4
OH yeah getting to those comments @Silly Sausage must have meant .. I get that a lot of people like her but let others speak, gezus its like Niomi Smartass fans, always daggers

1646956819721.png

1646956867579.png

1646956916798.png

1646956943321.png

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.