Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
Just managed to listen to it, she sounds awful 😔 they've just released a statement saying there are two sides to every story but I have no idea what would warrant speaking to someone like that and using that language in a professional setting

• Wow
Reactions: 7

bellinibobble

VIP Member
Recently I’ve loved watching ‘saving the manor’ which follows two blokes off instagram
( mytinyestate ) which is complete escapism to a useless DIY person like myself
Love these two!! They are so nice on insta, and you can tell they work bloody hard and their attention to detail is unbelievable 👌🏻

ETTC is still a bit of a guilty pleasure, yes they’ve obviously run out of significant projects now and have been faffing around with minor stuff more than usual, but I still admire their skills and creativity. And I think the kids are so endearing 🫣

Firecrotch69

Her kimonos, dressing gowns and turbans are fabulous! At home I wear kimono inspired dressing gowns, over torn leggings and T-shirts full of holes. I have not yet advanced to turban level, but I think I'm heading there.
She is wonderfully creative and he reminds me of my late father, with the walrus mustache and being able to do whatever my mother set her mind to. My mother also has red hair! I'm watching my parents!
That’s so lovely 🥰 Dick reminds me of my Dad too

• Heart

ShoeGal

I've followed this show from the start and loved how they'd saved the chateau from ruin (French people just let them rot) and the insight into French life (like when they went to the flea markets to find old baths), but I feel it's really gone off the boil and become unrelatable since they started having everything paid for by Channel 4 - the lift, the boat, the camper van and now the oddly-sterile tack room.

I'm sure they're nice people but they can't need the money anymore. Angel just wafts around now, hoarding old tat and printing everything onto a bathroom or kitchen tile while Dick and long-suffering "Builder Mate Steve" do all the donkey work. It seems as if they're scraping the barrel for new ideas.

Their kids have a great childhood though, you can't knock them for that.

Reactions: 6

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
Haven’t watched this in an age, can Angie speak French yet?
They say the odd word in French with an atrocious accent. Never heard either of them speak fluent French in conversation with a French person. Their kids probably speak better French than them.

• Haha

Barbs89

Chatty Member
My husband is so happy about this thread! My mum had been telling him about it and he flicked onto it earlier in the year and has been hooked ever since. I watch when I have time, but absolutely loved last weeks episode, the children’s circus tent and the Averys were amazing, it’s so beautiful. I love their work ethic and they just seem so happy.

• Heart

Expectopotato

I’ve loved Dick for years. Excuse the pun.
He and his ex wife Brigette bought a run down farm and wanted to see if they were could live a completely sustainable life style. He was a Brigadier in the army and an engineer, he is

He then went on to do scrap heap challenge I think or similar.

He kind of disappeared off my radar a bit until I saw escape to the chateau. It’s such a beautiful home.

His son James is a chef and he has a daughter who I think does photography.

I love him. My husband has a bit of a crush on her.

Milliemoo99

VIP Member
I loved the whole Escape to the Chateau dream!! although, It does feel as if its come to a natural end.

Im not really surprised that there are stories of back stage drama, it was fairly obvious, even from the series itself, that Angela was extremely hard work! Its not fair to swear and shout at staff I agree, but it must be tough to open your house and home out to strangers, and to go through renovations, which must be tricky if they go wrong, in front of a production crew.

Fairyqueen

VIP Member
I used to always say it when watching the show. How do they not loose their shit😆 and not curse. Doing house renovations is extremely stressful let alone doing it with a camera stuck in your face.

Sliceofpizza

VIP Member
I find him very patronising too. You can’t be on the show unless D & A have something to ‘teach’ you (or ideas to steal) of an inferior property basically.

Ahhhh I see. I gave up watching the DIY. He sounded like a patronizing prick all the time and it was doing my head in. Not suprised there are rumors about the ‘Angel’ either. More tea on that please. 😆☕
[/QUOT

coconochanel

VIP Member
I used to really like them, they seemed more genuine back when they first started but it’s all about the money now and I’ve got to say Angel in particular grates on me..her voice, her giggling, faffing about making crap(she must have a lot of time on her hands) but as a whole the family itself are just too sickly sweet for me, everything is just so extra
Put me off when there was reports of them f-ing and blinding to the camera crew.

• Wow

maharini

They’ve been pictured in the press and she looks SO much more attractive with her hair down, rather than that weird retro ‘do’. Takes years off her. Met him once, pleasant but a bit bombastic. She’s too sickly sweet to be true, so wouldn’t be surprised to find her difficult irl.

Fairyqueen

VIP Member
Yes a bit more transparent I felt, 'Dick and his team of chefs get to work' oh so they do have staff. Angel, I love to just give everything one last check over aka check what my team have done as pass it off as my own.
I wonder did she redo the confetti cones 😄
Also have they painted the château outside?
It's a coloured rendor they've put on. They showed a lot more of their staff this time around. I don't think anyone fully believed that they were pulling off weddings on their own