Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Comewhinewithme

VIP Member
Arthur doesn't seem to have additional needs unless there is a lot more to his behaviour that isn't shown on camera. He comes across as a sweet little boy who desperately wants his mother's approval, and she acknowledges him but in quite a distant way. I don't think she realises how obvious it is she favours Dorothy.
Yes I never saw anything that jumped out, he just seems like a nice little boy.

Reactions: 8
As someone who is obese & understands how it makes life so difficult it pains me to see photos of Arthur. Surely his parents are worried?

Reactions: 8
One of our family members went to a Wedding at the Chateau in the summer. The place is amazing, the pictures as you can imagine are beautiful.

What struck them also was their relationship with each other and their Children. They adore each other and they idolise their Children. They are who they are on the television, it’s not a front for the camera. The most loviest, genuine, hardworking that deserve all their praise and luck in that world. They are grafted for what they have, not like some of these Influencers who have everything on a plate...
They do graft, but their business acumen appears to be extremely savvy and I'm sure the massive amount of money from channel 4 has helped things along. They even charge people £75 per day to come and work for them (in return they get to see the chateau and have a bit of lunch so I'm sure it's all worth it :unsure:) There was a story running across several tabloids days ago that they will sell the chateau soon, don't know if that is true or not.

• Wow
Reactions: 7

EAD

VIP Member
I used to really like them, they seemed more genuine back when they first started but it’s all about the money now and I’ve got to say Angel in particular grates on me..her voice, her giggling, faffing about making crap(she must have a lot of time on her hands) but as a whole the family itself are just too sickly sweet for me, everything is just so extra
I suppose its a bit of escapism watching it, seems like a nice life.

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
I've really begun to dislike this pair now.... Gurus to The Chateu-buying dreamers that they are. And by the way, their financial success comes from all the TV exposure I reckon- ie buying the Chateu in France would not have the roaring successful move it was, had the tv company not discovered them.
I completely agree. I watched it last night and they went on a (very fake) camping trip in their beautifully renovated campervan. I noticed they have camping pods in the garden as well, so plenty of opportunities to make money.
The kids are cute but Arthur is going to be bullied at school I think 😕

London Hung Guy

Chatty Member
Just managed to listen to it, she sounds awful 😔 they've just released a statement saying there are two sides to every story but I have no idea what would warrant speaking to someone like that and using that language in a professional setting
Absolutely! If anyone spoke to me like that I'd never engage with them again ......

Javajoe

They were also on, what's that programme called?........Dont tell the bride?........ One of those type of programmes, I've trawled thru but can't find it. Several of the followers have left comments referring to it that swiftly get deleted. Along with anything even remotely negative. Someone once was telling her about supplements etc and she deleted the whole bloody thing. Her comments are heavily censored.

Anyway Dick and Angela.... Blatantly what we see is not the full story but the full story of a shed load of helpers wouldn't make such good viewing. Wonder how much the cost of a wedding there is? Can't be cheap.
My partner and I looked at staying there yeeeeears ago. It was, to put it bluntly, fucking eye watering.

• Wow

kev1974

VIP Member
They were also on, what's that programme called?........Dont tell the bride?........ One of those type of programmes, I've trawled thru but can't find it. Several of the followers have left comments referring to it that swiftly get deleted. Along with anything even remotely negative. Someone once was telling her about supplements etc and she deleted the whole bloody thing. Her comments are heavily censored.

Anyway Dick and Angela.... Blatantly what we see is not the full story but the full story of a shed load of helpers wouldn't make such good viewing. Wonder how much the cost of a wedding there is? Can't be cheap.
You say "helpers" I say "gullible fools" or "slave labour".

Pickled magnolia leaves indeed 🤪

• Haha

bellinibobble

VIP Member
Anyone watching the new series? This is exactly the sort of tv that’s needed in a second lockdown. 😌

My own house renovation is kicking me in the arse so I’m m very jealous of how practical they are, and all the tools and space they have. 😂

IfTheCapFits

VIP Member
My dislike of the Strawbridges has been slow growing but having heard what they did to Michael Petheridge and his family I loathe them. Angela put out that she's the design genius while ripping off other people and turning everything into making money for HER. As for the way Dick patronises Arthur, the poor boy needs to be spoken to in a normal tone of voice and allowed to grow up. The self-satisfaction of Dick and Angela is stomach-turning and they both giggle and chortle as though everything they say is amusing. It isn't. Sorry to any of their fans.
Michael Petherick? Seems to be an ex-employee saying he designed various items that Angela took credit for? There's a other similar results if you search online, this was from July '21

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sick

Sprezza

VIP Member
Arthur ought to know some French by now I’d have thought? He is “about 8” so is he going to school there in France or does he have any local French pals? Or does he get sent off to some UK prep school for most of the year on Channel 4’s money.

Or is Angela home schooling him, ready for a life of making wallpaper out of other people’s designs and generally grifting to make tat into different tat.
They've said in interviews that the kids are fluent in French but that Arthur speaks it with a bit of a cockney accent 😅

• Haha

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
Dick is fatter though, looks like a walking heart attack waiting to happen. If I was Ang I wouldn't fancy the prospect of being left alone in a massive house in the middle of nowhere with the kids and a business to deal with
Yeah, Dick is a proper apple, if I was married to man so rotund, I'd be cutting out the giant scotch eggs he is so fond of creating, and replacing them with ordinary boiled eggs, shitloads of veg and a lot less vino. Angie isn't exactly slender either, but Dick is worryingly overweight. Perhaps Angie is hoping to become a young widow so she can hook up with a sexy young Frenchman? :eek: :eek:

• Haha

Sabbie

VIP Member
I hated the caged birds in the middle of the carpark in full sun. Really put me off them in a massive way.
Me too. I doubt those birds survived the summer, but then again I'm sure they didn't care since it was all for the wedding season anyway. They had no way to escape the heat. Savages! 😒

• Sad
  • Angry

Comewhinewithme

VIP Member
I seen a photo a few weeks back maybe to promote this new series, but poor Arthur is just getting bigger and bigger, I know there was some suggestion before he may have extra needs of some sort and that can bring issues with food, some kids don't eat, some over eat but seems like they and granny may over indulge him. Saying that Dicks older children aren't like that so it can't be oh he's big like his dad.

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
I know this is going to sound horrible, but little Arthur is getting very chubby. Why don't Dick and Angie do something about it? He's a cute kid but other children are very cruel to anyone who is a wee bit different. No-one wants to be the fat one at school.

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
They've obviously run out of rooms to renovate if they're resorting to doing up a corner of the basement. Still enjoy it though tbh as pure escapism.

Tesla's Ghost

VIP Member
Binge watching this show is a wellness retreat for my mind. Even though, I agree, sometimes I want to shout at the screen: Dick, rest a bit, we can't lose you!