Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Joosephine

I LOVE them! If I wasnt already married I'd be booking my wedding at their chateau. they are couple goals.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Alightened

VIP Member
Absolutely love it. I've watched it from series one and think it's brilliant. Good cheerful telly for a Sunday night😍

• Heart

thegirlscout

VIP Member
They say the odd word in French with an atrocious accent. Never heard either of them speak fluent French in conversation with a French person. Their kids probably speak better French than them.
This is what I don’t get with people who live abroad and they don’t have a grasp on the language. It’s so embarrassing.

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
Arthur ought to know some French by now I’d have thought? He is “about 8” so is he going to school there in France or does he have any local French pals? Or does he get sent off to some UK prep school for most of the year on Channel 4’s money.

Or is Angela home schooling him, ready for a life of making wallpaper out of other people’s designs and generally grifting to make tat into different tat.
It's implied in the show at least that they go to school in France. Angela doesn't get Arthur to help her with the design stuff as she gets her mini me to help with that. Arthur is sent off to do the "boys stuff" with his dad.

EAD

VIP Member
To be fair I used to really like them and I am extremely jealous of anyone with a partner who can not only cook but turn their hand to literally anything in the way of renovation/building etc but it’s all a bit much now, I admit I was gormless and thought they did everything but of course that’s ridiculous the sheer scale and work required would obviously need ‘helpers’ it’s like all these types of programmes they start off and you think
“ yeah 👍” then it carries on and you think
“ whaaaat 🙄” the blinkers fall off and you see it for what it is a money making enterprise with a cast of about 20 people slogging in the background whilst the main characters twiddle with a decorative branch or two … but this is just my opinion
I totally get what you're saying, I suppose though it is a business at the end of the day and will be run like one to an extend and maybe the tv show which shows them 'twiddling' is just extra income which they need to run/renovate the chateau. For me it's a bit of escapism from normal life 🤣

Minxxx

I’d love to know the ins and outs of what happened with the Pethericks. I actually think that they’re the most interesting out of all the brits in Chateaux. Michael is sweet and so creative. He always used to pop up and Dick and Angel’s chateau doing bits of art work - I wonder what really happened to sour that relationship.

Is it just me who can’t stand Stephanie Jarvis?

• Heart

Fairyqueen

VIP Member
Does Angela actually shave her brows off? When she doesn’t have a full face on she literally has no brows at all then they seem drawn on later.

And that tiny door in the folly had gaps all around it so come winter everything will get damp and mouldy and full of creepies urgh
That's exactly what I thought!! Everything is going to get damp and mouldy especially all the textiles in there. No electricity then to add heating it'll be freezing!!

Libbub

VIP Member
As far as the weddings that are filmed it seems that way, couldn’t say for others. I know Dick and Angel became extremely friendly with the couple I know, I suppose that’s nice when you’re planning a wedding. I think you’d have to be particular kind of personality to book a wedding there though.
Yeah I can't imagine Angela doing anything other than what she wants. I think if she had a bride who had her own ideas about how she wanted things she wouldn't like it. It's her way or the highway.

karma4klattie

VIP Member
I won't miss them, I'm sick to the back teeth with Angel's giggling and chuckling at every damn thing she says. You're not that funny hun, so stop being quite so up yourself.

I agree with the other poster who says she turns tat into other tat, and she's set a terrible trend as seen in Renovation Nation where other smug, deluded 'designers' fall for every cliche in the book for their poor misbegotten houses. One or two exceptions but they teeter on the edge.

• Haha
  • Heart

kev1974

VIP Member
The bit when the slave labour "helpers" were weeding the gravel driveway. They said it needed doing because it hadn't been done for two years due to the pandemic. Why not? Which bit of the pandemic prevented Dick and Angel from getting out and keeping the driveway under control in the two years? Was it that the slave labour "helpers" weren't able to travel to be there and do it for them?

Then the wedding they did, where the DJ and the makeup artist both turned up from England. Why are they still using English people and not local talent? Do those two move in and stay in the chateau for the entire wedding season? If not who do they get to do the music and make up for the rest of the season?

Libbub

VIP Member
I had alot of questions after seeing that wedding. I mean in the height of summer do guests sit out in the baking sun melting? Cos temperatures in France really ramp up in summer. Do they only do small weddings? The orangery wouldn't hold a big reception so what happens then? Does everyone that has a wedding have to have the entire Strawbridge family joining in the celebrations? (usually the organisers do their best to be invisible, and make sure it all runs like clockwork but aren't seen, this wedding seemed like the dick and Angela show imo), how do Dick and Angela feel about people trashing their beloved chateau? , because trust me they do, it's not their home so they don't care, I've seen it first hand. People damage things and don't give a flying f**k. It's all a bit fairytale and not realistic for my liking.

ScottishTwat

I actually worry about their lack of downtime. Seriously, Dick works so hard to get things done, they have small people (I think there are two), and Angel (Angela) spends so much time finding things for them. The way they set up for weddings is incredible. The pod on the lake amazed me. Only downside, is that there is no way on this planet that I would create a part of my chateau for the in-laws to lig along. Big up for the lovely tortie puss.
the in-laws moving in had me going WHAAAAT? And he even built her a walk-in wardrobe! The cheeky cow asked for one too!:ROFLMAO:

Yayyyyyyyyy I’ve found my happy place! I just want to go hang out with them, but I fear I’m way too lazy. :oops:

• Haha

Sliceofpizza

VIP Member
They do have another programme next year. 'Secret France' where they find local artisans.

Press release.

We look forward to working with Two Rivers and Chateau TV to follow Dick and Angel as they turn their attentions to new projects and new adventures, firstly unlocking the secrets of beautiful France in a brand new travel series.'
Frankly this sounds better, but it would be preferred if another pair were unlocking these ‘secrets’ 🙄 . These smug two are becoming insufferable! (And poor Arthur 😢)

Sliceofpizza

VIP Member
Michael Petherick? Seems to be an ex-employee saying he designed various items that Angela took credit for? There's a other similar results if you search online, this was from July '21
And then the Petherick chateau which was grander than theirs got kicked off the DIY show because they were jealous. The girl at the helm there
is French too and they didn’t like that either.
The P family should stand up for themselves and expose them, but yes they were bullied off no question.

• Wow
  • Heart