Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Comewhinewithme

VIP Member
It's a coloured rendor they've put on. They showed a lot more of their staff this time around. I don't think anyone fully believed that they were pulling off weddings on their own
Absolutely not but Angel didn't want that little secret out, she wanted all the glory for single handily putting a wedding over.

Reactions: 5

Sliceofpizza

VIP Member
Around 2 years ago I posted about Angel not being Angelic.

My friend worked on the programme and saw first hand evidence of what they’re really like. In fact speaking to them recently they’re surprised that it’s taken so long for this to come out.

They said apparently the first production company parted ways with them due to the same thing. They also said what you’re current reading about them is true.

D & A had full editiorial control of the content and what you see is what they’ve allowed you to see. My friend knows well the side of them that’s not shown and basically D & A are a nightmare. They thought they were bigger than the show and treated the production crew disgracefully.

I’ve been deliberately coy and have used “they” for my friend as they still work in the industry and I’d hate for them to be outed.
This is great 2nd hand tea. I totally believe it. I saw the Petherwick story play out and it’s clear they are bossy, users and false as well. From the P story their faults are clear, their story isn’t one which is related to crew or production per se either so it’s interesting to know how they treat their so called peers, not great either by the sounds of things.

However these other reports and all other stories are that they are a “nightmare” with crew etc but no specific details. Not one description of an incident, a background story - nothing. I really do want to know how exactly they are nightmares, what have they said or done, these allegations lack specifics, it’s a little annoying mainly from a nosy pov!

ScottishTwat

Finally watching season 1, episode 1 and I’m weirdly so excited! I have dreamt about moving to a French farmhouse for years - but this is my dream on the hugest scale. I cannot believe how hard they work & Dick doesn’t look the fittest man in the world (not being rude, I’m a lazy, unfit fatty!). How do they do it? I’m exhausted watching them.

• Haha

Fairyqueen

VIP Member
I
I was just saying to my hubby how much I enjoyed the Xmas programme and it was a perfect way to end the series. Next thing you know, I'm reading the Chateau is up for sale. :ROFLMAO:

Dick will end up back with a cooking show and Angel is established as a designer now I suppose.
It's not up for sale😂 just bad journalism

Yel

Chatty Member
Late to this, but totally not surprised. Angela sounded like a right nightmare that would be fake as fuck when the cameras are rolling.

These people start to think they're untouchable and can be an asshole.

Although the stories about shutting the company today are misleading. It's just the UK company that was probably only for the channel 4 income. Now that's not coming in it would make sense to close it. That doesn't mean they'll sell or stop running the business as all of that will come through the french accounts.

They could get another company to pick it up, but Angela would need to have a bit of humility and admit her twattery.

• Sick

NN22

That's interesting. Are Dick, Angela and the Strawbridge children always guests of honor at the wedding?
As far as the weddings that are filmed it seems that way, couldn’t say for others. I know Dick and Angel became extremely friendly with the couple I know, I suppose that’s nice when you’re planning a wedding. I think you’d have to be particular kind of personality to book a wedding there though.

JulieScoobyDoo

VIP Member
I love them. Angel is so creative and the kids are adorable. Dick is so sweet with accommodating Angel’s bonkers ideas and just goes along with them. They’ve turned that derelict place into a stunning property and are now running a successful business. I love this programme and have watched it right from day one

Lizzymint

VIP Member
Everything with Angel is so extra, wrapping presents with homemade tassels, looks shite btw, macrame baubles blah blah blah...I used to love watching them but it’s gone all extra sickly sweet..very much up their own arses oh and Dicks moustache is just🤮🤮🤮
Who has the time to macrame baubles 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Haha

Catwoman

VIP Member
Finally watching season 1, episode 1 and I’m weirdly so excited! I have dreamt about moving to a French farmhouse for years - but this is my dream on the hugest scale. I cannot believe how hard they work & Dick doesn’t look the fittest man in the world (not being rude, I’m a lazy, unfit fatty!). How do they do it? I’m exhausted watching them.
You'll love it!! I did that recently, watched a load of their old ones. It's exhausting watching as I could never contemplate doing what they've done. But it's a gorgeous series..... AND Sunday nights are new episode night! 👍

Last edited:

bellinibobble

VIP Member
Anyone watched the Make Do and Mend spin off that started this week on C4. I’m watching it now and it’s brilliant!

I love Dick and Angel so much - they’re so bloody clever and creative, I am in awe. They just seem such a happy family, I adore their kids and it’s just such feel-good telly.

Comewhinewithme

VIP Member
It’s gross. You know there’s going to be a lot of stale food in there unless he washes thoroughly after every meal. And he doesn’t look like the type of guy who washes often... 🤢

That garden is maintained by an army of staff, so anything is possible with a Dick and a bunch of minions. 🤗
I would say he is clean enough but the brown teeth/hairy face yes I agree, lots of bits in there 🤢
Had a nosey on the chateau thread and yes it's funny to someone new like me I'd have believed it was just the 5 of them (angels mum & dad) then builder mate Steve!! But now it's pointed out it's obvious they had lots of help.
Not knocking them as they both can turn their hand when needed. Dick is not young or fit, he seems to have lost weight from the beginning but quite often you can hear him out of breath just explaining stuff!

Libbub

VIP Member
James.
He seems nice.
I remember him from when Dick and his first wife Bridget had a programme about self sufficiency. They lived in a lovely ramshackle old farmhouse somewhere - Devon? Dorset?

Angel's face always seems terribly red - high blood pressure?
I said that a while back on this thread, I think it looks like rosacea. Probably exacerbated by the baking hot French sun and her poor diet and alcohol consumption. All those things contribute to it. Her skin is definitely very red.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
They do have another programme next year. 'Secret France' where they find local artisans.

Press release.

We look forward to working with Two Rivers and Chateau TV to follow Dick and Angel as they turn their attentions to new projects and new adventures, firstly unlocking the secrets of beautiful France in a brand new travel series.'