Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sabbie

VIP Member
I love it too. Nothing bad to say about them. They do what others merely dream about. I'm jealous! :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Sabbie

VIP Member
Chateau de Baismagnee were on Escape to the Chateau DIY and apparently dropped from the show following disagreements with the Strawbridges.
Ahhhh I see. I gave up watching the DIY. He sounded like a patronizing prick all the time and it was doing my head in. Not suprised there are rumors about the ‘Angel’ either. More tea on that please. 😆☕

• Heart
Reactions: 9

kev1974

VIP Member
Arthur ought to know some French by now I’d have thought? He is “about 8” so is he going to school there in France or does he have any local French pals? Or does he get sent off to some UK prep school for most of the year on Channel 4’s money.

Or is Angela home schooling him, ready for a life of making wallpaper out of other people’s designs and generally grifting to make tat into different tat.

• Haha

Rocketman86

I've watched from the very first episode, absolutely love this show. Angel's style is amazing, really hope there's another Christmas at the chateau special this year!

• Heart

Rocketman86

Some relatives of mine live very close to them, they've seen Angel a lot locally. Apparently she is a bossy madam with people in shops & at flea markets etc 😳 but Dick is lovely

Sliceofpizza

VIP Member
Watching the repeats on C4 recently I really cannot believe how patronising they are in their approach; both in his narration [sic] “Mary’s coach house, concrete block to you and me is proving more trouble than it’s worth” it’s steeped in so much bitchy ness! Teemed with her “helpful” / ‘save money so I can’t make you feel stupid, but don’t be better than me’ hints. I’m surprised people taking part out up with it! What’s their problem? They have a nice house, let people get on!
They aren’t a nice pair. I also blame the prod co for fuelling their egos.

• Haha

Nina Rose

I think I said upthread that I couldn't stand Arthur as he is just a mini Dick, but I think he might have some developmental delays. In the latest shows you can really see a difference between him and Dorothy and the way Dick and Angel talk to him is different.
Yes,I think he has,so be kind.

Libbub

VIP Member
The couples that appear on the show are real and do pay for their wedding, source - I know one of the couples! They paid in excess of £20k for 40 odd people, that included a pre wedding stay at the Château, menu tasting with Dick, farting around with Angel etc.
That's interesting. Are Dick, Angela and the Strawbridge children always guests of honor at the wedding?

• Haha
I love Dick but really detest Angela.

Her budget craft ideas actually tend to cost an absolute fortune in materials and equipment and then she gets Dick to do a vast amount of the work (like the poor man doesn't have enough to do).

I saw Angela at Spring Fair at the NEC one year with a range of her interior design furnishings. Hubby joked about me going and saying hello to my 'best friend'. I moved in the opposite direction as fast as was humaly possible.

I used to watch and enjoy 'It's Not Easy Being Green'... gutted for the OG Strawbridge family.

bellinibobble

VIP Member
Oh no, I like them! I think as the show has grown they’ve got chucked a lot of money by channel 4 (I’m sure I read it was one of the highest ratings). They defo have become less relatable with some of the larger, grander and somewhat unnecessary projects, but it keeps the content coming !
Agreed - they talked for years about fixing the roof and how expensive it would be, then started doing it and decided to do the render at the same time?! Not complaining though 😁 it’s a guilty pleasure!

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I tried to watch last night but Angel's constant giggling with every single thing she says makes it unwatchable. She was doing that macrame curtain which was quite interesting but the inane giggling was too much.

• Heart
my son rolls his eyes every time i say "look she is fannying about with bits of ivy again"
sorry but i think Arthur needs to reign in the rich food,hes turning into dick
and why do they have to call the grandad "pappy" cant be grandad always something differrent
cant believe dick has not had a heart attack

but i cant deny im secretly jealous how handy dick is

Libbub

VIP Member
So, SO true. Brits abroad are such a fucking embarrassment. I stumbled across Fernibops (Fern Weston-Bennett)
via Nicki Positano and they have lived in France for a year. Her husband is a complete and utter dick, as is she, but they have been there a year, and "she doesn't want to force it" FFS!! What a pathetic streak of piss!! If you cannot speak French within a year, or are not actively learning from other French people, piss off back to Blighty and get yourself a bag of chips and a can of Tennent's, you embarrassing, ignorant wench!
I recently hate watched her say "walla, walla". Because that's how you pronounce "Voila!" :rolleyes: Go watch some of her vlogs. You will be shouting at the screen within minutes. lol
Really want a thread on her here, but she has under 7000 followers. ☠😂
Omg I'm desperate to know the tea on her. They seem to be loaded and yet when she told a story of how they begun she said they started out living in a caravan and Ryan had a business that went bankrupt. There's got to be loads of goss surrounding these two.
Back to topic Angels face seems really red, I think she's got a bit of rosacea going on. Also I think good friend Steve is the one who does most of the work along with a team of maintenance men and Angela def doesn't clean that great big castle herself, she must have a shed load of helpers.

• Wow
I used to be big fans of them but recently they’ve been irritating. I’m not completely upto date with the saga, but Angel screwed Michael Petherick over regarding some art work. Their son is an insufferable, badly behaved brat too.
I think I said upthread that I couldn't stand Arthur as he is just a mini Dick, but I think he might have some developmental delays. In the latest shows you can really see a difference between him and Dorothy and the way Dick and Angel talk to him is different.

Tesla's Ghost

VIP Member
Another one who loves watching them! I can barely operate a hair drier, so I can only admire their capabilities and creativity. They seem to enjoy the f out of life.

• Haha

Libbub

VIP Member
Oy! Need to know more of this! Wonder if we are allowed to open a thread on her...🤔
They were also on, what's that programme called?........Dont tell the bride?........ One of those type of programmes, I've trawled thru but can't find it. Several of the followers have left comments referring to it that swiftly get deleted. Along with anything even remotely negative. Someone once was telling her about supplements etc and she deleted the whole bloody thing. Her comments are heavily censored.

Anyway Dick and Angela.... Blatantly what we see is not the full story but the full story of a shed load of helpers wouldn't make such good viewing. Wonder how much the cost of a wedding there is? Can't be cheap.

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
Nice finale with the fireworks. Anyone else notice Angel spilling her tea all over Arthurs shoulder?

James was featured a lot again tonight. I do wonder if it ever annoys Angel that Dick had such attractive kids with his first wife. Mind you Angel can't be that much older than James?