Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tesla's Ghost

VIP Member
Her kimonos, dressing gowns and turbans are fabulous! At home I wear kimono inspired dressing gowns, over torn leggings and T-shirts full of holes. I have not yet advanced to turban level, but I think I'm heading there.
She is wonderfully creative and he reminds me of my late father, with the walrus mustache and being able to do whatever my mother set her mind to. My mother also has red hair! I'm watching my parents!

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Oldcat

Chatty Member
I tried to watch last night but Angel's constant giggling with every single thing she says makes it unwatchable. She was doing that macrame curtain which was quite interesting but the inane giggling was too much.
What winds me up is that everything is so ‘special’

• Haha
  • Heart

Sabbie

VIP Member
This is what I don’t get with people who live abroad and they don’t have a grasp on the language. It’s so embarrassing.
So, SO true. Brits abroad are such a fucking embarrassment. I stumbled across Fernibops (Fern Weston-Bennett)
via Nicki Positano and they have lived in France for a year. Her husband is a complete and utter dick, as is she, but they have been there a year, and "she doesn't want to force it" FFS!! What a pathetic streak of piss!! If you cannot speak French within a year, or are not actively learning from other French people, piss off back to Blighty and get yourself a bag of chips and a can of Tennent's, you embarrassing, ignorant wench!
I recently hate watched her say "walla, walla". Because that's how you pronounce "Voila!" :rolleyes: Go watch some of her vlogs. You will be shouting at the screen within minutes. lol
Really want a thread on her here, but she has under 7000 followers. ☠😂

• Haha

Sabbie

VIP Member
It’s gross. You know there’s going to be a lot of stale food in there unless he washes thoroughly after every meal. And he doesn’t look like the type of guy who washes often... 🤢

That garden is maintained by an army of staff, so anything is possible with a Dick and a bunch of minions. 🤗

• Haha

JE172

VIP Member
Does Angela actually shave her brows off? When she doesn’t have a full face on she literally has no brows at all then they seem drawn on later.

And that tiny door in the folly had gaps all around it so come winter everything will get damp and mouldy and full of creepies urgh

Last edited:

alafolie

I absolutely love it when people call her Angela on the show. Not quite the same as Angel is it...

• Haha

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
I know this is going to sound horrible, but little Arthur is getting very chubby. Why don't Dick and Angie do something about it? He's a cute kid but other children are very cruel to anyone who is a wee bit different. No-one wants to be the fat one at school.
Dick is fatter though, looks like a walking heart attack waiting to happen. If I was Ang I wouldn't fancy the prospect of being left alone in a massive house in the middle of nowhere with the kids and a business to deal with

Tammy flu

I think their constant perpetuation of gender norms is damaging to the kids in 2020. Arthur has to do the “manly” things with dick and Dorothy has to do the “feminine/girly” things with angel. Why can’t Arthur pick flowers with mum and Dorothy fix something with dad?
As above it seems to be that Angel prefers Dorothy to Arthur as he presents as more boyish which she just doesn’t attempt to relate to even on a superficial level for the sake of your child.

I went to their tour in March just before lockdown and even that was very 1950s... “We need 5 women and 5 men” the men fixed the lightbulb and the women did a hair knot.

Reactions: 10

kev1974

VIP Member
I love this show but i didn't like the kids being in the reception. It didn't look like there was other kids there so why did they think it was acceptable for their kids to be at the reception?
Arthur needs to be there to mix the punch or something!
And Dorothy is on permanent DIY confetti duty!

• Haha

Unicornishpastie

VIP Member
Just caught up with yesterday’s episode, Angels still so extra with everything, Dick is shown doing some work but we all know he’s filmed for a few minutes to make it look like he’s doing something but really his mate Steve takes over and does the majority🙄

• Haha

Sprezza

VIP Member
I can imagine Angel being difficult to work with but I've always thought Dick had such a lovely, gentle way about him and I refuse to be told any different!

Fairyqueen

VIP Member
I agree there is no way there was never a row when working on something together. Even the best of couples would argue when doing DIY let alone projects of that size. I've been fit to kill my partner putting something small together 🤣

Just watched the episode with the lift going in & their Christmas dinner. If it really is just them (& the builder guy & his wife) doing all this work - it’s flipping incredible. Her Christmas decor was beautiful & the books as Christmas crackers was genius!

Have they got a dog though? I’d have dogs & horses. In my dreams...🤪
I read somewhere that they have an English 'squad' of builders that they bring over for work, but don't show them on the programme, giving the impression that Dick and Steve do it all.

Just watched the episode with the lift going in & their Christmas dinner. If it really is just them (& the builder guy & his wife) doing all this work - it’s flipping incredible. Her Christmas decor was beautiful & the books as Christmas crackers was genius!

Have they got a dog though? I’d have dogs & horses. In my dreams...🤪
I read somewhere that they have an English 'squad' of builders that they bring over for work, but don't show them on the programme, giving the impression that Dick and Steve do it all.

I hated the caged birds in the middle of the carpark in full sun. Really put me off them in a massive way.
I don't think Angel in particular gives a toss, as long as she has the desired look.

Lico

Chatty Member
They are in the Mirror today. Accused of bullying previous production company staff. I usually take these stories with a pinch of salt, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is some truth to it. They seem the type.

• Wow

Mouseballpenlid

He is an absolute ride!!
He has his own show "Strawbrisge over the Drawbridge" where he wanders around stately homes in Ireland, learns a bit about their history and cooks a meal.hes not a natural presenter, doesn't have the confidence of his dad, and the programme is a bit cringe to be honest. I don't fancy him any more.

• Haha
  • Sad

karma4klattie

VIP Member
To be fair I used to really like them and I am extremely jealous of anyone with a partner who can not only cook but turn their hand to literally anything in the way of renovation/building etc but it’s all a bit much now, I admit I was gormless and thought they did everything but of course that’s ridiculous the sheer scale and work required would obviously need ‘helpers’ it’s like all these types of programmes they start off and you think
“ yeah 👍” then it carries on and you think
“ whaaaat 🙄” the blinkers fall off and you see it for what it is a money making enterprise with a cast of about 20 people slogging in the background whilst the main characters twiddle with a decorative branch or two … but this is just my opinion
My dislike of the Strawbridges has been slow growing but having heard what they did to Michael Petheridge and his family I loathe them. Angela put out that she's the design genius while ripping off other people and turning everything into making money for HER. As for the way Dick patronises Arthur, the poor boy needs to be spoken to in a normal tone of voice and allowed to grow up. The self-satisfaction of Dick and Angela is stomach-turning and they both giggle and chortle as though everything they say is amusing. It isn't. Sorry to any of their fans.

• Wow
I suspect Angel was the beginning of the end of Dick's first marriage. I still haven't forgiven him for that. I loved the programmes he did with her and their children. He was all about sustainability and eco-friendliness, which seems to have been forgotten about now! In their bio (which I suspect Angel wrote) there is no mention of Dick having older children. He only has 2 now apparently.

• Wow
Dick is so bossy to everybody its like he knows everything and like the sound of his own voice and im sure he has put on more weight and dont they see that his son is getting really big now

poor kid

Sliceofpizza

VIP Member
They are so greedy! We are D&A pay US to work on OUR garden & you’ll get a bit of bread with 2 pickled petals thrown in.
No thanks you pair of greedy chancers!

• Haha

Sabbie

VIP Member
I love it too. Nothing bad to say about them. They do what others merely dream about. I'm jealous! :love:

• Heart