Escape to the Chateau

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve loved Dick for years. Excuse the pun.
He and his ex wife Brigette bought a run down farm and wanted to see if they were could live a completely sustainable life style. He was a Brigadier in the army and an engineer, he is

He then went on to do scrap heap challenge I think or similar.

He kind of disappeared off my radar a bit until I saw escape to the chateau. It’s such a beautiful home.

His son James is a chef and he has a daughter who I think does photography.

I love him. My husband has a bit of a crush on her.

Reactions: 6
Some of the cushions were nice if you like that kind of style. Also has candles and diffusers.
Yes it's alright looking if you like her designs, but certainly not justified by the prices. Selling what you hold to be high end range products in supermarkets is never going to pay off.

Not entirely comfortable with what they’ve done to Chateau de Basmaginee (sp?) CB though... Although everyone has worked it out CB are being sycophantic combined woe is me and passively (aggressively) expecting everyone to fight their battles!

Reactions: 4
How can they maintain their business model in this crisis? Weddings and functions must have been cancelled until goodness knows when. Plus who knows when film crews could get back there?

Reactions: 2
Anyone watched the Make Do and Mend spin off that started this week on C4. I’m watching it now and it’s brilliant!

I love Dick and Angel so much - they’re so bloody clever and creative, I am in awe. They just seem such a happy family, I adore their kids and it’s just such feel-good telly.

Reactions: 5
Yes, I watched the first episode yesterday! And then realised that all4 has all of the DIY series so I’m binging that. (Descriptions of spiders not enough that you can hear their footsteps has definitely put me off buying my own chateau!!)

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Yes, I watched the first episode yesterday! And then realised that all4 has all of the DIY series so I’m binging that. (Descriptions of spiders not enough that you can hear their footsteps has definitely put me off buying my own chateau!!)
Eurgh, I would be the same! Yikes..

I watched some of the DIY episodes but didn’t think many of the people on it were as likeable as Dick and Angel so didn’t get too far into it 😂

Eurgh, I would be the same! Yikes..

I watched some of the DIY episodes but didn’t think many of the people on it were as likeable as Dick and Angel so didn’t get too far into it 😂
The people change regularly so you can always skip a couple of episodes!

Reactions: 3
Anyone watched the Make Do and Mend spin off that started this week on C4. I’m watching it now and it’s brilliant!

I love Dick and Angel so much - they’re so bloody clever and creative, I am in awe. They just seem such a happy family, I adore their kids and it’s just such feel-good telly.
Watched it but not as keen as when they were doing the chateaux up, I'm presuming it's finished now ..gutted

Still enjoying the new format.
no idea where they get their energy from. Such a good combination of her creativity and his engineering mind. If me and Mr Bernard tried this it would be an unmitigated disaster.

• Haha
Still enjoying the new format.
no idea where they get their energy from. Such a good combination of her creativity and his engineering mind. If me and Mr Bernard tried this it would be an unmitigated disaster.
Same girl same. They never focus on anything stressful, you never see them arguing, it’s just feel good tv 😌

Reactions: 1
So thankful I found this thread!! I absolutely adore this show. My dad's best friend looked and sounded like duck just makes the show even more lovely to me. My 9yr old son and I used to watch it in bed on a Sunday night before school the following day just gave us a lovely warm feeling before bedtime. Angel has given me loads of ideas! My kitchen is getting done up by me and I'm using loads of colours big bright colours!! It's a big kitchen so can take it. I'm so happy they got a puppy a Kerry blue as well they are a lovely dog I'd been saying for years them kids need a dog it's all that's missing from the beautiful childhood they are living. I just love the show gives me a lovely warm feeling inside!

Also when they ran out of money dick took on another job and was gone for several weeks think it may have been in America there's something about a tv programme he did in 2015 it's on wiki. It was also reported in a newspaper awhile back that since the wedding business took off that they weren't broke anymore so can now do bigger projects like the boat and camper

Last edited:
  • Haha
So thankful I found this thread!! I absolutely adore this show. My dad's best friend looked and sounded like duck just makes the show even more lovely to me. My 9yr old son and I used to watch it in bed on a Sunday night before school the following day just gave us a lovely warm feeling before bedtime. Angel has given me loads of ideas! My kitchen is getting done up by me and I'm using loads of colours big bright colours!! It's a big kitchen so can take it. I'm so happy they got a puppy a Kerry blue as well they are a lovely dog I'd been saying for years them kids need a dog it's all that's missing from the beautiful childhood they are living. I just love the show gives me a lovely warm feeling inside!
Sorry, I’m laughing at your dads bestfriend named duck 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14