Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Enpen45

So thankful I found this thread!! I absolutely adore this show. My dad's best friend looked and sounded like fuck just makes the show even more lovely to me. My 9yr old son and I used to watch it in bed on a Sunday night before school the following day just gave us a lovely warm feeling before bedtime. Angel has given me loads of ideas! My kitchen is getting done up by me and I'm using loads of colours big bright colours!! It's a big kitchen so can take it. I'm so happy they got a puppy a Kerry blue as well they are a lovely dog I'd been saying for years them kids need a dog it's all that's missing from the beautiful childhood they are living. I just love the show gives me a lovely warm feeling inside!
Sorry, I’m laughing at your dads bestfriend named Fuck 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I'm watching it on catch up, I actually find the whole family quite annoying. Arthur is a mini Dick, can just see him being the know it all in school.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13

Sabbie

VIP Member
Anyway Dick and Angela.... Blatantly what we see is not the full story but the full story of a shed load of helpers wouldn't make such good viewing. Wonder how much the cost of a wedding there is? Can't be cheap.
I poked around quickly and found "anywhere between £19,000 and £38,000".

• Wow
  • Sick
He used to do TV programmes with his first wife and he co-hosted Robot Wars with his eldest. Wife #1 is as far removed from Angel(a) as you can imagine. She is very simple, loves wildlife and anything eco-sustainable (as did Dick) According to the bio D & A fell madly in love at first sight :sick: the same year that he split with wife #1. It may be a coincidence, but the cynic in me says otherwise.

Freedomofspeech89

VIP Member
I always thought it was odd that you never saw any friction between them. They were meant to be taking on this huge project and they acted like it was all one big fairytale. Something about the whole series felt off to me.

Last edited:

Comewhinewithme

VIP Member
Everything with Angel is so extra, wrapping presents with homemade tassels, looks shite btw, macrame baubles blah blah blah...I used to love watching them but it’s gone all extra sickly sweet..very much up their own arses oh and Dicks moustache is just🤮🤮🤮
Agree I haven't watched any of this series, it's all a bit over the top and less of a renovation and will it won't it work project. In the beginning you kind of went on the journey but now they decorate for the sake of it and the oh will ot work out? well of course it will and you'll butt noses at the end looking all smug 🙄

• Haha

Segotia

I've really begun to dislike this pair now.... Gurus to The Chateu-buying dreamers that they are. And by the way, their financial success comes from all the TV exposure I reckon- ie buying the Chateu in France would not have the roaring successful move it was, had the tv company not discovered them.

skintsocks

VIP Member
I actually worry about their lack of downtime. Seriously, Dick works so hard to get things done, they have small people (I think there are two), and Angel (Angela) spends so much time finding things for them. The way they set up for weddings is incredible. The pod on the lake amazed me. Only downside, is that there is no way on this planet that I would create a part of my chateau for the in-laws to lig along. Big up for the lovely tortie puss.

• Haha
Love them both I mean every woman needs a Dick in her life that man works so bloody hard and you can tell how much he dotes on Angel, Arthur & Dorothy... I love Angel’s vintage style and the way she’s so good at making mismatched items look like they all belong together ... I looked up the price once at staying for a weekend they do an exclusive “ food “ experience.... I won’t be booking anytime soon unless I win the lottery.

• Haha

Fairyqueen

VIP Member
What they have achieved in such a relatively short time considerating the size of the project is amazing. In the early days we knew it was just them as time went on of course we knew they had help. Angel looked less tired dick put back on some weight and looked less stressed. I think from start to end this show has been amazing I've loved every minute of it and I'm genuinely going to miss it

Comewhinewithme

VIP Member
Can I revive this thread just to talk about Dicks moustache?!

How do they kiss? You see a lot of nose butting or air kissing on show and also my husband lowered the tone by stating the obvious about when he is down south 🤦‍♀️😂

I am.watching it backwards, I would dip in and out on channel 4 but with lockdown have recently gone back to day one. They've done so much!

As mentioned in this thread already, I'd love me a Dick, is there anything that man can't do! The garden and veg alone are amazing.

• Haha

ScottishTwat

Everyone definitely needs some Dick in their lives! Or maybe I’m only speaking for myself o_O

I never thought to look up prices, but now I’m intrigued.:unsure:

• Haha

KittyBangBang

Around 2 years ago I posted about Angel not being Angelic.

My friend worked on the programme and saw first hand evidence of what they’re really like. In fact speaking to them recently they’re surprised that it’s taken so long for this to come out.

They said apparently the first production company parted ways with them due to the same thing. They also said what you’re current reading about them is true.

D & A had full editiorial control of the content and what you see is what they’ve allowed you to see. My friend knows well the side of them that’s not shown and basically D & A are a nightmare. They thought they were bigger than the show and treated the production crew disgracefully.

I’ve been deliberately coy and have used “they” for my friend as they still work in the industry and I’d hate for them to be outed.

Oooooh we need people who know the goss to come and spill the tea

• Wow

Jerry Garcia

Chatty Member
I posted a few months back about Angel not being angelic. It was only a matter of time before this all came out. I know someone who worked on the programme and they told me a lot of about them. The stuff I know is too specific and might identify my friend. In a nutshell it seemed as if the success of the programme had gone to their head; they had both become quite diva ish and it was a case of you (the production team) wouldn’t be here without us.

As an aside. They have full editorial control over the show and if anything shows them in less than perfect light then it doesn’t make the programme.
God, I'd love to see that cutting room floor..

Freedomofspeech89

VIP Member
The issue is she portrays herself as this nicey nicey sweet lady and now the premise of the whole show just looks ridiculous. It was all a complete facade. I could tell she wasn’t genuine when i used to watch it.

• Heart

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
Arthur doesn't seem to have additional needs unless there is a lot more to his behaviour that isn't shown on camera. He comes across as a sweet little boy who desperately wants his mother's approval, and she acknowledges him but in quite a distant way. I don't think she realises how obvious it is she favours Dorothy.

You can tell Angel loves Dick :LOL:
Sorry couldn't resist!

I love this programme, Dick is so clever and Angel has such creative flair. They arent afraid to be different and it's quite refreshing plus their kids are lovely

• Haha
  • Heart

Lico

Chatty Member
Had a nosey on the chateau thread and yes it's funny to someone new like me I'd have believed it was just the 5 of them (angels mum & dad) then builder mate Steve!! But now it's pointed out it's obvious they had lots of help.
Not knocking them as they both can turn their hand when needed. Dick is not young or fit, he seems to have lost weight from the beginning but quite often you can hear him out of breath just explaining stuff!
They both lost loads of weight lately.
I used to like them, but I went off them when I saw how much they charge for camping, then I heard they were charging people to weed their garden. Greedy people.

• Wow