Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lindab68

He seems to get on with the son that was being a chef in some of this series' episodes so I imagine he's lined up for a chunk at least? Dick is getting on a bit now, I did wonder if the plan is to hand it over to that son to run events in.

Good thing that £725,000 chateau wasn't theirs, it would probably cost just as much again to get rid of all of Angela's shit wallpaper made from newspaper cuttings etc and skip hire for all the mouldy old tea sets and spider-infested ladders being used as shelves.

I did quite like the winter garden room they added on the back in the last but one episode, that was a decent addition. And the replacement windows on the entrance hall, thank goodness they kept them traditional, they were gorgeous.

I wanted the last episode to revisit some of their early projects and tell us if they were a success or not. For example the circular one-person lift that they inserted into one of the towers, and then have never mentioned since. Did it work or was it a waste of time and money?
Angela's wallpaper in her parents bedroom was horrific. Something in the 80's! She totally destroyed the attic/skybar! Who the hell puts aluminum foil on the beams for decor??? Especially way, way in a hot attic!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Onceinablue

His older son was on the last episode, cooking for Angels mum and dads anniversary party. Don’t think they’re hiding his other kids

bellinibobble

VIP Member

Redline

I can imagine Angel being difficult to work with but I've always thought Dick had such a lovely, gentle way about him and I refuse to be told any different!
Didn't he have an affair on his current wife with Angel?

coconochanel

VIP Member
Love these two!! They are so nice on insta, and you can tell they work bloody hard and their attention to detail is unbelievable 👌🏻

ETTC is still a bit of a guilty pleasure, yes they’ve obviously run out of significant projects now and have been faffing around with minor stuff more than usual, but I still admire their skills and creativity. And I think the kids are so endearing 🫣
Arthur needs his diet looked at or the poor boy will have diabetes by the time hes 18.

• Angry

Sabbie

VIP Member
I haven't seen an episode since reading about the birds :(
And it wasn’t just for that episode because the birds were there roasting away at the parents party too. I bet they are not there now as there is no way they would have survived the whole summer. Still, long enough to look priddy for the bridal season, eh? Disgusting! 😬

bellinibobble

VIP Member
Not entirely comfortable with what they’ve done to Chateau de Basmaginee (sp?) CB though... Although everyone has worked it out CB are being sycophantic combined woe is me and passively (aggressively) expecting everyone to fight their battles!
Can you expand on this? What happened? 😱

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
I enjoy watching it, have they done up every room now? I don't share their taste though some of their decor looks a bit too tacky and busy for me

Geordieboy71

I think Michael fell out with the Strawbridges due to not being acknowledged for the art work he did in her wallpaper design.

I like to present opening, given me some great ideas for mam's Christmas presents. Stephanie is so gracious and now going to give money to charity too from the channel.

I love all the chateau shows, I hope to move to France one day, if I could find a way of living with having to pay 50% of my earnings in taxes... 😳

Last edited:

MaryMary

Yes, I watched the first episode yesterday! And then realised that all4 has all of the DIY series so I’m binging that. (Descriptions of spiders not enough that you can hear their footsteps has definitely put me off buying my own chateau!!)

• Wow

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Late to this, but totally not surprised. Angela sounded like a right nightmare that would be fake as fuck when the cameras are rolling.

These people start to think they're untouchable and can be an asshole.

Although the stories about shutting the company today are misleading. It's just the UK company that was probably only for the channel 4 income. Now that's not coming in it would make sense to close it. That doesn't mean they'll sell or stop running the business as all of that will come through the french accounts.

They could get another company to pick it up, but Angela would need to have a bit of humility and admit her twattery.

Does anyone know this picture of a chef that she’s pissed about?

Libbub

VIP Member
I poked around quickly and found "anywhere between £19,000 and £38,000".
Wtf???? Wow! I wonder if one day they'll sell it and retire. I mean I've worked in the wedding industry before and it's very stressful. It's not easy money.

Ding

VIP Member
Anyone watching the new series? This is exactly the sort of tv that’s needed in a second lockdown. 😌

My own house renovation is kicking me in the arse so I’m m very jealous of how practical they are, and all the tools and space they have. 😂
Im really looking forward to watching it but watching I'm A Celeb first 😂