Escape into the Tea & Sympathy Support room.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not so bad, still struggling with the arthritic neck but have took a step back from the physio exercises as I had too much personal stuff on this week just gone.
Amazingly it seems to have gone okay, 3 day city break went great and survived being called on in the dungeon attraction (irl I'm so shy and hate speaking in front of groups) I had to pretend to be a witch and dance, its the most thankful I've been for a covid mask since the pandemic began :ROFLMAO:

My son survived a meet up with his uncles, the first time people from his father's side have wanted to know him and they even said how much he looked like his dad. (Ex tried to lie and pretend son wasn't his, so when son told me, it was the vindication I've been waiting years for)
Hope everyone is doing okay.

That all sounds positive.
Not that your neck is painful - the other stuff.
Hope the neck becomes manageable.

Ive got a family get together tomorrow.
Havent seen some of them since before coVid lockdown.
There's 4 of them I'd rather avoid altogether but it will be impossible so I will have to be polite so as not to create a scene & make others uncomfortable.

One of them is male and married to a relative.
He's one of those for whom everything is either black or white. If he isnt driving and starts to drink he is particularly annoying.
He invades your space anyway but with some alcohol down him he gets really in your face.
And he refuses to allow you to avoid him.
Arrogant.
You all know the type - if you nip to the loo he always manages to be there when you come out and there's nobody else around. Tries to back you against a wall and force you to talk to him.
When people hug hello or good bye, he always holds on just that few seconds too long.
You know...... Creepy.

His son is all huggy and touchy feely too. I bloody hate it.
And the mother, my relative, couldnt give you a compliment if she tried.
And her brother is also very critical and assumes that his opinion is always right.
His wife is fabulous though so I have to put up with the others because of her.

Wish me luck in avoiding the annoying ones!

• Heart
Reactions: 12

There's 4 of them I'd rather avoid altogether but it will be impossible so I will have to be polite so as not to create a scene & make others uncomfortable.

He's one of those for whom everything is either black or white. If he isnt driving and starts to drink he is particularly annoying.
He invades your space anyway but with some alcohol down him he gets really in your face.
Arrogant.
You all know the type - if you nip to the loo he always manages to be there when you come out and there's nobody else around. Tries to back you against a wall and force you to talk to him.
When people hug hello or good bye, he always holds on just that few seconds too long.
You know...... Creepy.

And her brother is also very critical and assumes that his opinion is always right.

If he approaches you start coughing and spluttering , let him think he could catch something off you rather than the other way round 😂😂... Good luck 🍷🍷

Reactions: 8
If he approaches you start coughing and spluttering , let him think he could catch something off you rather than the other way round 😂😂... Good luck 🍷🍷
Sadly no tricks like that work. He is as persistent as Japanese knotweed.
I have another relative who feels the same way about this guy and I plan to stick close to her all day.

• Heart

Arrogant.
You know...... Creepy.

Good luck @Chita...just wanted to tell this little story from decades ago when I was married to Mr Bev 1. A large group would meet most Sunday nights at a local pub. We were mostly couples in our 20's except for 1 couple who were in the late 40' s . The guy was an absolute sleazeball and would follow us girls across the courtyard where the ladies loos were, making lewd suggestions. After months of his tit , I called him out, in front of his lovely wife and the other couples , demanding he shag me there and then up against the toilet door....I even started to undo a couple of buttons on my blouse 🤭. Needless to say , he was horrified and that put an end to his shenanigans. I absolutely cannot abide creepy fuckers. Probably more difficult for you Chita as it's a family thing , but I do wish you luck ❤.

• Heart
  • Haha
Thank you all!!!!

Life would be so much easier if it wasn't for other people, wouldn't it!!!! hah hah!!! Joking.
It's just that the ones who are a nightmare are the ones who won't allow you to ignore them.

:mad:

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Up again with horrible anxiety about my second Pfizer vaccine later today even though I tried so hard not to let it trouble me. I feel that the odds of getting any seriously bad side effects from it are probably quite slim, and have been trying to reassure myself by reading accounts from people saying they were okay and not to worry...expect I just can't help worrying what if.

Had I not already got my first jab, I don't think I'd be bothering to be honest. Not an anti-vaxxer, just utterly petrified of getting something like Bells Palsy because I felt guilted and fearmongered into doing the "right thing"...

Reactions: 9
Up again with horrible anxiety about my second Pfizer vaccine later today even though I tried so hard not to let it trouble me. I feel that the odds of getting any seriously bad side effects from it are probably quite slim, and have been trying to reassure myself by reading accounts from people saying they were okay and not to worry...expect I just can't help worrying what if.

Had I not already got my first jab, I don't think I'd be bothering to be honest. Not an anti-vaxxer, just utterly petrified of getting something like Bells Palsy because I felt guilted and fearmongered into doing the "right thing"...
I had pfizer , after the first jab I had the chills, a few aches and pains and awful tiredness for a few days, 2nd jab - at the appt speaking to a nurse while waiting my turn I asked about side effects and she said she had like a bad flu after the second one. Luckily, the only side effect I got from it was a sore arm.
Hubby and brother got pfizer also no side effects after the first but got the chills etc after the second.
I took nurofen the morning of both vaccines and again afterwards ( appropriate time gap) I think taking it helped. Try not to worry, you might sail through, I found the side effects were not too bad, only a couple of days and I was back to normal, well, what is normal for me😂. Good luck, try not to worry!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I had pfizer , after the first jab I had the chills, a few aches and pains and awful tiredness for a few days, 2nd jab - at the appt speaking to a nurse while waiting my turn I asked about side effects and she said she had like a bad flu after the second one. Luckily, the only side effect I got from it was a sore arm.
Hubby and brother got pfizer also no side effects after the first but got the chills etc after the second.
I took nurofen the morning of both vaccines and again afterwards ( appropriate time gap) I think taking it helped. Try not to worry, you might sail through, I found the side effects were not too bad, only a couple of days and I was back to normal, well, what is normal for me😂. Good luck, try not to worry!
I had big pain on my arm both jabs it was same nurses at hospital from 1st jab (i just left without waiting but i was holding my arm 1st time) and i think the security guy 'bubbled me' lol. 2nd visit they ordered me to wait 15 mins in waiting room (was still the same pain) but they let me go after 15 mins. Just glad i had the jabs many on Earth still have not (through no fault of their own :( ).

• Heart

Think of it as a flu jab.
Most of the side effects people I know experienced from either jab was a headache or a feeling like a hangover for a day and that was usually the first jab not the second.

Did you have any bad reaction to the first one?

• Heart
I had pretty much zero reaction to the first one apart from tiredness for the next day and I can deal with that.

In fairness, I don't ever generally get reactions to injections of any sort. I get a flu jab every year from my GP and am always fine.

I think I've just let the few stories of things going wrong get in my head and overreacted. If I worried about every medicine then I wouldn't even be able to take paracetamol, for example. So I'm trying really hard now to put my best foot forward and just do it, though I'm still going to raise concerns at the centre and see what the response is just out of curiosity.

Got the jab in the end, mainly because when I was there the lady reassuring me was really good about my anxiety and it calmed me down so much. So far so good. Barely felt the needle go in.

Fingers crossed no more drama!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Got the jab in the end, mainly because when I was there the lady reassuring me was really good about my anxiety and it calmed me down so much. So far so good. Barely felt the needle go in.

Fingers crossed no more drama!

Tell the voice in your head that it is just like your regular flu jab.
We all have a chattering Chimp in ouir heads. The Mind monkey and sometimes we have to ram a banana down its throat and tell it to STFU.

Well done today. You did it.

Reactions: 5
Tell the voice in your head that it is just like your regular flu jab.
We all have a chattering Chimp in ouir heads. The Mind monkey and sometimes we have to ram a banana down its throat and tell it to STFU.

Well done today. You did it.
I suffer from health anxiety, I have a blood test on Monday, if I can get the image above to stay with me I should be ok lol

Reactions: 6
I suffer from health anxiety, I have a blood test on Monday, if I can get the image above to stay with me I should be ok lol
What helped me with health anxiety and letters from the doctors saying ring about your results was the doctor saying if it was something serious the doctors would be banging down your door to inform you rather than 2nd class mail.

The mind chimp?
Or as the ancient Chinese call it , the monkey mind.
It chatters away at us all the time and drives us crazy.

Visualise that banana silencing the little bugger.
Its the only way.

I hope it helps you.
Its just a little trick I got from a book called The Chimp Paradox.
It droned on and on as such books usually do, but in a nutshell the mind-chimp chattering is silenced by telling it to give it a rest.

Do you ever feel stuck. No motivation, tired, can’t be arsed. Adult life just seems hard. I’m 31. Feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders. I’m just tired. I’m sick of bills, my step mum has cancer and waiting on results to see how bad it is and if it’s spread etc. I’m tired of working hard on a tit salary. My friends are all on at least 10k above me. I don’t begrudge them, they work hard. But so do I.
Sorry I know it’s nothing compared to what some people deal with.
Guys we get the results this week and I’m petrified 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Lots of painful anniversaries upon me, two year ones, is doesn't get any easier

• Heart
Lots of painful anniversaries upon me, two year ones, is doesn't get any easier
Sorry to hear that, sending you hugs - it is tough the second year, and people don't always realise that in someway they are harder than year 1 as everyone expects you to have "got over it" by year 2.

Try to take each anniversary as just another day, or hour by hour if that's all you can face. I light a candle in the evening and look through old photos and try to remember good times - sometimes tears come even now (5 year anniversary) but sometimes it's nice memories that make you feel warm.

There is no right or wrong way but do whatever you need to do to look after yourself.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.