Escape into the Tea & Sympathy Support room.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow, thank you so much
Sorry everyone this is really boring ..😴
@HairyWeeTerrier , I removed bulbs etc this morning, filthy hands. Paid attention when scrubbing. I found the best result was to hold the scrub tight in one hand ( stationary) and run nails deep along bristles, which are short and soft. Moving the scrub and hand was less successful..
Amazing the things you do automatically and don't pay attention to....anyway that is enough boring info....off for coffee β˜•

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hello everyone πŸ€— still here, just been busy lately and on the other thread. Hope everyone is okay πŸ€—

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Sorry everyone this is really boring ..😴
@HairyWeeTerrier , I removed bulbs etc this morning, filthy hands. Paid attention when scrubbing. I found the best result was to hold the scrub tight in one hand ( stationary) and run nails deep along bristles, which are short and soft. Moving the scrub and hand was less successful..
Amazing the things you do automatically and don't pay attention to....anyway that is enough boring info....off for coffee β˜•
I once read that before gardening you should dig your nails into a bar of soap so that the soap goes under the nails and it makes them easier to clean. I always remember this tip about half an hour after I’ve started gardening! πŸ™„ πŸ˜†

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I once read that before gardening you should dig your nails into a bar of soap so that the soap goes under the nails and it makes them easier to clean. I always remember this tip about half an hour after I’ve started gardening! πŸ™„ πŸ˜†
Ooh good idea, I also have about 3 pairs of gardening gloves but hate wearing them, probably won't remember to do the soap thing either πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Sleep problems and mental health are getting worse apart from that one day where I did sleep.

Was desperate enough to actually ring my GP surgery today and the very nice doctor I spoke to was understanding and has given me a week's work of diazpem. It won't be a magic fix but it might take the edge off enough for me to be able to heal myself better from there. Fingers crossed, anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Sleep problems and mental health are getting worse apart from that one day where I did sleep.

Was desperate enough to actually ring my GP surgery today and the very nice doctor I spoke to was understanding and has given me a week's work of diazpem. It won't be a magic fix but it might take the edge off enough for me to be able to heal myself better from there. Fingers crossed, anyway.

Thank goodness you got a nice Doctor. Hope you feel better soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Thank goodness you got a nice Doctor. Hope you feel better soon.
Thanks, Chita. I was so relieved! I even bypassed the evil receptionist and got one of the decent ones so, in all, a good day!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Thinking about that last quote reminds me of a lesson that I learnt a few years ago. I had a friend that had BPD and she would often have very low times and want to chat about it. I always try to problem solve and when she would tell me her troubles (and when other people did) I would always try to find several solutions to the problem for them in a very practical way. I honestly thought that was helpful until she pointed out to me, that sometimes people just want to offload and have someone just sympathise with them not try and find solutions!
I really took that on board and now try to weigh up the situation a bit more when people come to me with their worries.

I personally generally appreciate it when people offer solutions but there are also times when you just need someone to listen - hence the title of this thread... Tea and sympathy!

ETA - said friend ran for the hills at the first sign that I needed a shoulder to cry on! witch...lol!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I hate it when im going somewhere but someone else is driving and they are late.
I get really churned up inside.
When Im going somewhere I always set off early to give me plenty of time in case of delays on the roads.
I would rather sit in the car at the destination and hang around if i'm early than sit at home getting stressed because my friend hasnt arrived yet.

Aaaaaaarrrggggghhhhhh

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Thinking about that last quote reminds me of a lesson that I learnt a few years ago. I had a friend that had BPD and she would often have very low times and want to chat about it. I always try to problem solve and when she would tell me her troubles (and when other people did) I would always try to find several solutions to the problem for them in a very practical way. I honestly thought that was helpful until she pointed out to me, that sometimes people just want to offload and have someone just sympathise with them not try and find solutions!
I really took that on board and now try to weigh up the situation a bit more when people come to me with their worries.

I personally generally appreciate it when people offer solutions but there are also times when you just need someone to listen - hence the title of this thread... Tea and sympathy!

ETA - said friend ran for the hills at the first sign that I needed a shoulder to cry on! witch...lol!
That is awful spangly , a few years ago one of my friends was in a bad way, I loaned her money, gave her all my baby clothes ( some i told her i wanted back as they were from special family members) anyway never got baby clothes or money back but we still were pals , since childhood. Then she went and did a course, opened a very successful business and ghosted me πŸ˜‚

Another thing that happened, we had a big upheaval with our son a few years back, paranoia from drugs etc , lobbed awful crap at us, broke in and stole from us etc etc long long story, I naturally was leaning on my sister for advice and support , telling her what was going on, she was sick of seeing me cry, I was sick of crying ... One of her kids rang me one day and told me to keep my business to myself, i should not be telling anyone my problems, I was bullying and blaming my sister and oh ya - it was aging HER.... So much for - its good to talk.... So having a forum like this is a godsend, no one here will shut anyone up if they need a listening ear.

By the way , am loving the quotes .. brace yourselves πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Anyone here type two diabetic? I was pre diabetic a couple of years ago, but I think it's getting worse. Been monitoring it myself, but can't be arsed to go for a blood test at the doctors. Suppose I'll have to though.

Reactions: 6
That is awful spangly , a few years ago one of my friends was in a bad way, I loaned her money, gave her all my baby clothes ( some i told her i wanted back as they were from special family members) anyway never got baby clothes or money back but we still were pals , since childhood. Then she went and did a course, opened a very successful business and ghosted me πŸ˜‚

Another thing that happened, we had a big upheaval with our son a few years back, paranoia from drugs etc , lobbed awful crap at us, broke in and stole from us etc etc long long story, I naturally was leaning on my sister for advice and support , telling her what was going on, she was sick of seeing me cry, I was sick of crying ... One of her kids rang me one day and told me to keep my business to myself, i should not be telling anyone my problems, I was bullying and blaming my sister and oh ya - it was aging HER.... So much for - its good to talk.... So having a forum like this is a godsend, no one here will shut anyone up if they need a listening ear.

By the way , am loving the quotes .. brace yourselves πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Heres another ....
Screenshot_20210218-144206_1.png

• Heart
Reactions: 7
How is everyone doing?
Miserable rain here with little bursts of sunshine.
It must be nice to live somewhere that has proper summers.
Whoever said in the UK there are four seasons in one day was spot on.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Not so bad, still struggling with the arthritic neck but have took a step back from the physio exercises as I had too much personal stuff on this week just gone.
Amazingly it seems to have gone okay, 3 day city break went great and survived being called on in the dungeon attraction (irl I'm so shy and hate speaking in front of groups) I had to pretend to be a witch and dance, its the most thankful I've been for a covid mask since the pandemic began :ROFLMAO:

My son survived a meet up with his uncles, the first time people from his father's side have wanted to know him and they even said how much he looked like his dad. (Ex tried to lie and pretend son wasn't his, so when son told me, it was the vindication I've been waiting years for)
Hope everyone is doing okay.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.