Escape into the Tea & Sympathy Support room.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So glad to have found this thread! Seems like a lovely place already! πŸ‘ thanks Chita!

Like a lot of people, I've been struggling with my mental health the past few months...I'm a nurse and being on the "frontline" has been so tough at times!
I've also recently had a miscarriage and things are just feeling a bit hard just now!
Trying hard to stay positive and look forward!!
...god, sorry...that's a bit of a heavy post πŸ™ˆ

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Thank you Chita for creating this soothing thread. Thought I'd slide in and join you lovely folk. Having shielded through all the lockdowns, and deciding to retire early from a job I loved, I find myself a bit paranoid and reluctant to get out and about. I have a chronic condition which deteriorated over lockdown and am now only able to get out and about with a mobile scooter and only when necessary and I've built up the courage to venture out. One thing that's been a godsend is my kindle and I've recently joined a lovely choir ( I can't really sing but they didn't seem to mind πŸ˜…) . Tattle has been a lifesaver too, some of you articulate Tattlers have really cheered me up. Thank you for listening to my Ted talk ❀.
I feel like you should bling your scooter up :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Omg, coming back to this thread tonight has really cheered me up!
@Nuttynana - honestly, you should have your own Agony Aunt column! No nonsense, practical and sweary advice - just what we all need 😜πŸ₯°

Yep, decided to try and lose some weight - thanks for the motivation everyone. I did lose 3 stone before when I did SW but then I had a bit of an anxious period in my life and put it all on again. Decided to try and lose 1 stone in 2 months this time - I think that's do-able!

I bought some Slimfast bars once.
They were so nice I scoffed the whole box in a weekend.
Im crap.

Thats why Im telling myself I need to go to WW. I went there once before [years ago] and lost weight and the physical attending of a meeting with other people there tends to work better for me motivation-wise.

But it takes me ages to actually go. Once ive overcome the hurdle and done it, I can usually keep it up - but this lockdown situation has really knocked the stuffing out of me and Im struggling to find that inner strength that has gotten me through so much in the past.

The inner strength is still there is just hidden a bit deeper than usual.

Thank you Chita for creating this soothing thread. Thought I'd slide in and join you lovely folk. Having shielded through all the lockdowns, and deciding to retire early from a job I loved, I find myself a bit paranoid and reluctant to get out and about. I have a chronic condition which deteriorated over lockdown and am now only able to get out and about with a mobile scooter and only when necessary and I've built up the courage to venture out. One thing that's been a godsend is my kindle and I've recently joined a lovely choir ( I can't really sing but they didn't seem to mind πŸ˜…) . Tattle has been a lifesaver too, some of you articulate Tattlers have really cheered me up. Thank you for listening to my Ted talk ❀.

Singing feeds the soul.
Good for you.

So glad to have found this thread! Seems like a lovely place already! πŸ‘ thanks Chita!

Like a lot of people, I've been struggling with my mental health the past few months...I'm a nurse and being on the "frontline" has been so tough at times!
I've also recently had a miscarriage and things are just feeling a bit hard just now!

You aint heavy, you our sis-tah!!!!!

I am just pleased people are able to talk about their mental health issues.
Talking IS therapy.
And just chatting - even if its about any old crap - helps us so much to get out from the bottom of that deep, dark well.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

Don't say sorry, your feelings are valid xx

• Heart
Reactions: 18
My mum had a carer, she put her in the bath and I decided to strip the bed. After a short time I heard...
"wash yer penny"
🀣🀣🀣🀣I literally ran downstairs with the sheets and died. It really tickled me 🀣🀣🀣
I’ve never forgotten the years when Granny (who had dementia and lived with my aunt) would come stay for holidays. I was at Uni still but would come home when she did because she needed total help bathing and could never bring herself to let that non family dignity thing slip with my mum, her daughter-in-law, but would happily let me, her granddaughter, help. We would laugh till the tears rolled because she had this list of names for Fanny that just had me in stitches - cha cha, tutu, there was a different one every time! It always made what could have been awkward, utterly enjoyable and bonding. I do miss her, even 15 years on, daft old coot ❀

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I’ve never forgotten the years when Granny (who had dementia and lived with my aunt) would come stay for holidays. I was at Uni still but would come home when she did because she needed total help bathing and could never bring herself to let that non family dignity thing slip with my mum, her daughter-in-law, but would happily let me, her granddaughter, help. We would laugh till the tears rolled because she had this list of names for Fanny that just had me in stitches - cha cha, tutu, there was a different one every time! It always made what could have been awkward, utterly enjoyable and bonding. I do miss her, even 15 years on, daft old coot ❀

It was called a Tuppence when I was little.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
My mum had a carer, she put her in the bath and I decided to strip the bed. After a short time I heard...
"wash yer penny"
🀣🀣🀣🀣I literally ran downstairs with the sheets and died. It really tickled me 🀣🀣🀣
My mum (87) struggles with mobility so has a carer in the morning to make sure she’s safe in the shower. A few weeks ago she heard a male voice at the back door, it was a carer announcing their arrival. My mum was mortified so promptly opened a window, told him she didn’t want a male carer and sent him on his way!
Btw, I’m no help since we’re 400 miles apart!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Glad I started it then.

I am hoping that it will also allow us to discuss stuff happening in the world that isnt just about mental health
Individual threads are fab, but we often want to go off topic as conversations will inevitably drift off - so in here we can do that as well.

Ps
I have managed to move my arse and get up. I will wear make up to the supermarket which I'm sure will be good for the staff because they won't be frightened by my face!
They have endured enough.
Yes it scared the tit out of me the other day I thought it was Halloween πŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒ

@chitta thank you for this lovely new thread
I am the same - never went out without my full slap, matching accessories etc. And have also put on belly weight and never exercise now - whereas before lookdown I was like Tigger on caffeine. Now we are getting ready to go β€˜back to normal’ I am very anxious - the one thing I did do was wean myself off anti depressants so am now clear of them BUT over the past few weeks I have started to become really tearful - anything makes me want to ball my eyes out - I enjoy working from home and want it to stay that way but who knows what will happen -
hope we can start to post some funny animal stuff too -
I watch the doggy day care guy in OZ and it always makes me smile adding a short clip of Tucker Budzyn (he is fine and she loves him sooooo much he has some fun adventures) but the laughing makes me smile
I was told that after lockdown you are either a hunk, a chunk or a drunk, I am a chunk or a squat arse old tart.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Apps to help people sleep are ones like Headspace or Calm which have free trials but paid for.

There's another app called insight timer which is free.

These work on meditation and calming style things to help you sleep.

Alternatively there are long videos on you tube of the sea washing up the beach and other calming noises that may help?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Apps to help people sleep are ones like Headspace or Calm which have free trials but paid for.

There's another app called insight timer which is free.

These work on meditation and calming style things to help you sleep.

Alternatively there are long videos on you tube of the sea washing up the beach and other calming noises that may help?

It might help to listen to Robert Peston ask a question on ITV news. Takes him that long to get to the end of it most people will have fallen asleep by then.
And his hair is almost as bad as Boris's!!!! Bloody scruff.

• Haha
And for anyone in the UK who would like to get some help but has no clue where to start,

visit here - https://hubofhope.co.uk/ and enter your postcode to discover a list of places where you can get help.

I don't know if other Countries have this. Maybe our international Tattlers can share info regarding that.
You could always buy into the Harkles one, very informative teaches you how to grift, butt duck a ginger human chicken and sex lessons from the Douchess of Fellatio.

Failing that you can learn how to lie, cheat and be a duplicitous gobshite.

Well, the bad news is, there IS a Weight Watchers in-person meeting open in my nearest town so now I'm going to have to bloody well go, aren't I?

Oh bugger.
Just next door to the cake shop one side and the chippy on the other just handy after your sessionπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Thank you for this! I’m feeling a lil bit sorry for maself!! Been to drs today and was told I have a ruptured tendon in my shoulder. She was so lovely and I got great pain but apparently I’ll just have to keep it until it goes away 😒😒😘😘

• Heart
  • Sad
You could always buy into the Harkles one, very informative teaches you how to grift, butt duck a ginger human chicken and sex lessons from the Douchess of Fellatio.

Failing that you can learn how to lie, cheat and be a duplicitous gobshite.

Just next door to the cake shop one side and the chippy on the other just handy after your sessionπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

OMG you know me so well.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I will only get a fitbit if they make an edible one.

I don't know how to help those who can't sleep.

Now we have this 'off topic' discussion thread, maybe those who are wide awake can keep each other company in here and then those of us who sleep like a log [and snore like a warthog] will have some posts to read when we surface in the morning.
Get some Tesco Sleep Aids. They're herbal and really help πŸ‘πŸ»

Make sure you make time and space to care for yourself πŸ’š even just little things can help.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Omg, coming back to this thread tonight has really cheered me up!
@Nuttynana - honestly, you should have your own Agony Aunt column! No nonsense, practical and sweary advice - just what we all need 😜πŸ₯°

Yep, decided to try and lose some weight - thanks for the motivation everyone. I did lose 3 stone before when I did SW but then I had a bit of an anxious period in my life and put it all on again. Decided to try and lose 1 stone in 2 months this time - I think that's do-able!
Easiest way to lose 14lbs of ugly useless fat is to chop Paxos head off

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.