Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

influencerstalk

I thought it was still that they didn't know- the doctors were tentatively diagnosing cortical dysplasia but Erin said there was no clear evidence of this on any of the available scans. They had just said it was suspected and could pinpoint a lot of the activity to a specific side. That was always one of the issues for her; that with today's technology they still couldn't confidently say what was wrong with her brain.

I'm happy to be corrected.
I only remember her saying the doctors suspected it may have been that. But I don’t believe it was ever confirmed. It could also just have been Erin suspecting it too…

Attachments

Reactions: 1

santababy

Chatty Member
The face-blowing gets me every time. Like, Lu isn’t seizing on purpose. None of it is under her voluntary control. I get that Erin is trying to help her feel less alone, & perhaps prompt her to take a breath(?), but gosh having someone blow in my face - in any circumstance - would just be so freaking irritating!!
I feel like it’s to get her to wake up, like almost a reflex response she’s trying to do.. but as far as I’m aware with Lu’s seizures that wouldn’t\isn’t helping

santababy

Chatty Member
Why would you book a holiday somewhere your daughter couldn’t be included? You’ve booked a beach location in the middle of summer and you know your disabled daughter can’t handle the heat? Like what??

Erins default is just to leave Lulu at home. How will she ever have life experiences if she’s always left with a carer at home.
Erin - books beach holiday
Also Erin - posts a story about how she had to leave Lu at home because she can’t handle the beach

Ffs Erin

• Sad

influencerstalk

Yes of course forgot that.. still only about a 45min drive. But yep bound to be another thing happen there that entitled Erin isn’t happy with and once again make things even more difficult for Lu to get the medical attention she needs

Can anyone share the whole “took her off meds without consulting doctors” on here? Seems pretty relevant if anyone stumbles across this thread

leeeeleeee

VIP Member
I guess we have no idea what works and doesn’t work as we have no experience with it. Perhaps it does bring her back quicker.

santababy

Chatty Member
I’m a little confused by Erin’s post around infantile spams week. One of the slides she says is due to (in her opinion) the drs overloading Lu with anti epilepsy medication.. if they didn’t, wouldn’t it have caused more harm?

yhen she said how amazing the cbd oil was for her, but I didn’t think it was working anymore?

Maisiemouse

I was wondering if they would get put in a 4 bedder room 😆 you can bet shes already had words. But also would put money on her not disclosing that Lu has covid symptoms. So hopefully its not covid...just spread it around in your 4 bed bay.

There are plenty of us who have experienced grief who still have the capacity to empathise with a different kind of grief. Fortunately Erin’s friends who have lost children seem to have that capacity.
I agree. Grief comes in many forms for many reasons.

influencerstalk

I think that’s the confusion! She writes it like they’ve found the answer but I was always under the belief they actually didn’t know.. hence her blaming other things still
Exactly ! And she has finally confirmed that still don’t know the cause as she won’t consent to a biopsy and has delayed the surgery. Praying she hasn’t delayed it so much that it’s not an option for Lulu.

srh.ls.lwlss

I certainly respect your opinion but I don’t think I’m being harsh in the least. My issue is with the timing, and I could have been more specific.

I’m not denying her the luxury (and make no mistake, it IS a luxury) of a support carer (could she have even managed a second child without having someone else in the house taking care of Lulu? I’m guessing she wouldn’t have even gotten pregnant if she knew she had to mother both children by herself).

Her choice to have Tom, now, is an abdication of her parental responsibility, IMO. She has a child that requires a lot from her, that’s just the way it is. Instead of making Lulu the priority at a pivotal time in her development, and following through with the surgery that was Lulu’s best option for a better quality of life, she goes and gets pregnant at precisely that time she needed to be focusing all of her energy on her. She put off medical treatment for Lu against her doctor’s advice, and instead distracted herself with her pregnancy and diving into the new baby love bubble with a “healthy” new baby that she wished Lulu had been.

She could have easily delayed having a second child until after Lulu had had her surgery and was on a better path. But she didn’t and that to me is extremely selfish.
Given she's in her mid/late 30s I don't think you can say she could have "easily" delayed having a second child

Maisiemouse

Sorry to say but I’m on Team Erin on this one. In almost every instance when i have seeked medical help for my non verbal child I’ve encountered gross mistreatment and ignorance By the treating professional. No one ever talks to my son. No one ever slows down. I would go as far as saying professionals care less about a disabled child then a non disabled child. I know that seems like a generalisation but that has been my experience these last 5years. My daughter is treated better than my son.
I'm sorry that has been your experience 😔 I hope you have encountered some kind professionals amongst the bad experiences. There is still a long way to go, that's for sure