Equestrian Influencers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to like f&f but they’ve gifted to some people that don’t come across very nice so I’ve completely gone off them!

Reactions: 1
I really wanted those F&F trainers 😩 I also wanted to get some Flexars to try but noticed RTG in their advertising 😏

Reactions: 2
Does anyone know what Scarlet Martin (With Ringo the welsh stallion) does for a job?
I find it interesting how she was besties with Ellie McCarthy and then decided to move and was very secretive about why. I mean rightfully so keeping the drama off of socials but still interesting none the less. I'm enjoying watching her and Ringo learn to jump more.

I don't follow many, I do like Abi Lyle and I'm a big fan of Miri Hackett & her way of working but I wouldn't call them influencers so much as people using social media to build their business.
I like Emily (EMD eventing), she seems very, um, normal, and she's managing Sprite amazingly, I also really appreciate the fact she realised Lola wasn't going to work any longer and found her a great dressage home. Addie looks very exciting. I follow Lucy too, she seems very genuine, and with two horses now it'll be exciting, she's the only one I don't mind plugging FF&F for obvious reasons. For my sins, I like Meg too, I appreciate the fact she has goals, and is working towards Badminton again and she works. She's got some exciting youngsters too.
I just can't abide Tina, she's the type I couldn't be around, loud, screechy (no need around horses), constantly plugging something. And oh has she got being the victim down to a tee. The victim click bait titles, the reactions on her Instagram the second there's any negativity, poor poor Tina. It's the same content over and over, Banksy is a great little horse and the cats are adorable but I feel so sorry for Dinks, what a boring little existence he has, at least take the poor little man for walks. I haven't given Erin Williams much time, I looked at her Instagram and its just her face and constant posing. Not an Olivia Towers fan either, a little spoiled. I briefly enjoyed Matt Harneke but he's gone off the boil for me too.

Reactions: 6
I really wanted those F&F trainers 😩 I also wanted to get some Flexars to try but noticed RTG in their advertising 😏
Another brand to avoid then. If she had a horse of a suitable size I would have no problems with her riding. It’s the fact she is far to heavy for pepper that annoys me.

You can’t wear those trainers to the yard anyway. At least not without having to squelch through the mud. So impractical.

Tina really does just shout at the camera. No need for it. You can see she doesn’t care about what she is sharing and can’t be bothered to even look into the camera half the time. So disingenuous.

I also can't believe Day By Day Vlogs hasn't been at all mentioned on this thread either.
They're not influencers per say but they're family vloggers who vlog their kids and their hoard of horses. Repeatedly making mistakes with buying/leasing and jumping 3 times a week. Giving one child much better horses and opportunities than the other etc

I also can't believe Day By Day Vlogs hasn't been at all mentioned on this thread either.
They're not influencers per say but they're family vloggers who vlog their kids and their hoard of horses. Repeatedly making mistakes with buying/leasing and jumping 3 times a week. Giving one child much better horses and opportunities than the other etc
I’m definitely not a fan of Day By Day and have been known to hate watch them because they’re just such novice horse owners. The younger child was/is too big for Finn (don’t know if they still have him. Wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t) and they were very forceful when he was napping and stuff when they first got him. They’re also pretty rubbish at telling when their horse is lame. The older girl is a better rider but I think she and the mum think she’s better than she is. She seems to only have pretty placid horses

any thoughts on Shelby Dennis? I use to love her but she’s turned into a Karen about everything! If your horse isn’t barefoot, bitless and given cookies every 2 seconds then your abusive and awful. I’m rolling my eyes just typing this, such a shame I used to love her racing videos

also RTG pepper being scoped, i think like 95% of horses have some sort of ulcer so all the problems are going to be blamed on them rather then the obvious issues

Reactions: 7
I like Shelby Dennis and I think it's nice that she's so open about her change in opinions and how she has done a lot of things in the past with horses that she advocates against now. She works with bit fit companies and very regularly has photos of her horses working in bits, so I'm not sure where you're coming from with that? And she has had Harlow shod recently and said openly that she has no issue with shoeing provided that the type of shoes used provide frog support. I like that her opinions are formed on actual scientific literature and that she develops her own beliefs as the science advances

any thoughts on Shelby Dennis? I use to love her but she’s turned into a Karen about everything! If your horse isn’t barefoot, bitless and given cookies every 2 seconds then your abusive and awful. I’m rolling my eyes just typing this, such a shame I used to love her racing videos
I don't know what videos you've been watching but she only makes videos against actual abusive practices, most of her horses are bitted, she doesn't have issues with shoeing just that she's found bare to be better for her own horses and still uses -R training as well as +R? She's just showing how her methods have evolved as she has learned.

@ChickenLabrador I thought the same about Pepper, why doesn't she consider that her weight/ riding could be the issue?!
I'm also annoyed at the amount of accounts plugging these forelock and fringe boxes! I mean it looks like lovely stuff but who can afford £42 a month on a box of stuff that you've not chosen and may or may not use. I don't get it. And they gifted RTG one 🙄

Reactions: 3
I think what bothers me even more about this whole RTG thing is the people who comment on these things and allow her to believe she is doing a "great job" With Pepper. She's not. She's being cruel to that horse not just weight wise but riding wise - whilst thinking she's being kind. But you know, she's getting lessons. She's posting publicly and getting praise all the time. She's got brand partnerships. So to her I think she must feel like she IS doing a good job because people still praise her. And the reality is - these people praising her are only trying to grow their accounts and I'm sorry if this causes offense but the only reason she has brand partnerships I think is so the brands can say "we are an inclusive brand" because she is larger than the "typical" equestrian influencers like Olivia Towers etc. I will never understand how brands can back people who very publicly do not have their horses best interests at heart. She is an extremely overweight person riding an extremely overweight horse that is too small for her and she is constantly pulling on that horses mouth and kicking her in the ribs, with spurs, and is so unbalanced in the saddle so it saddens me that brands will look past that. But when she has so many people telling her what a great job she is doing then I guess it makes her think it's okay. I just think there is so much more that RTG could be doing for that horse and staying off its back is one of them.

Reactions: 14
I think what bothers me even more about this whole RTG thing is the people who comment on these things and allow her to believe she is doing a "great job" With Pepper. She's not. She's being cruel to that horse not just weight wise but riding wise - whilst thinking she's being kind. But you know, she's getting lessons. She's posting publicly and getting praise all the time. She's got brand partnerships. So to her I think she must feel like she IS doing a good job because people still praise her. And the reality is - these people praising her are only trying to grow their accounts and I'm sorry if this causes offense but the only reason she has brand partnerships I think is so the brands can say "we are an inclusive brand" because she is larger than the "typical" equestrian influencers like Olivia Towers etc. I will never understand how brands can back people who very publicly do not have their horses best interests at heart. She is an extremely overweight person riding an extremely overweight horse that is too small for her and she is constantly pulling on that horses mouth and kicking her in the ribs, with spurs, and is so unbalanced in the saddle so it saddens me that brands will look past that. But when she has so many people telling her what a great job she is doing then I guess it makes her think it's okay. I just think there is so much more that RTG could be doing for that horse and staying off its back is one of them.
Couldn’t agree more with the brands and The people commenting on the posts all the time! No idea why people put influencers on an untouchable pedestal.

Reactions: 4
Also, in my opinion an instructor that continues to teach someone who is clearly to overweight to ride is not a good instructor. What about that poor horses welfare? I know my instructor would refuse to teach a ridden lesson and advise groundwork until at the correct weight.

Reactions: 5
The BHS put a post on Facebook about an overweight cob, it’s crest is exactly the same as Peppers.
RTG obviously loves her horse but I really can’t understand why she thinks Pepper can carry her weight. I wouldn’t put that amount of weight on my fit ID

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.