Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BWa

Chatty Member
This thread is like a bitchy livery yard 😆 ah horsey people never fail to deliver!

• Haha
Reactions: 19

hosslife

Erin Williams has posted about getting a new white sTaLLiOn 🤪 whyyy does this girl need another horse when she’s not even competing?!
Are you only allowed to buy horses if you’re competing because shit! I may need to sell some 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Lifeonthebuckle

I bought Joey and I stupidly went with the vet that was recommended by the dealer. Anyway, there where things that weren’t picked up on the vetting. He wasn’t right for me, so the dealer offered a refund. I took him back and his groom beat the shit out of him. Although I could of got all my money back I decided he couldn’t be left there. He was then sold onto a safe home. I lost thousands but it’s just a relief to know he was safe.

Reactions: 16

hosslife

They are still living off daddy’s money whether he’s alive or not . They haven’t had a difficult life and are just spoilt brats who would never get to where they are without daddy’s estate and funding . They didnt start with nothing . He did .
Fucking hell this comment is vile. I’m sure they would rather have their father than money. I would say living without your father is pretty fucking difficult. Think about what you put 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 14

Spearo11

I think what bothers me even more about this whole RTG thing is the people who comment on these things and allow her to believe she is doing a "great job" With Pepper. She's not. She's being cruel to that horse not just weight wise but riding wise - whilst thinking she's being kind. But you know, she's getting lessons. She's posting publicly and getting praise all the time. She's got brand partnerships. So to her I think she must feel like she IS doing a good job because people still praise her. And the reality is - these people praising her are only trying to grow their accounts and I'm sorry if this causes offense but the only reason she has brand partnerships I think is so the brands can say "we are an inclusive brand" because she is larger than the "typical" equestrian influencers like Olivia Towers etc. I will never understand how brands can back people who very publicly do not have their horses best interests at heart. She is an extremely overweight person riding an extremely overweight horse that is too small for her and she is constantly pulling on that horses mouth and kicking her in the ribs, with spurs, and is so unbalanced in the saddle so it saddens me that brands will look past that. But when she has so many people telling her what a great job she is doing then I guess it makes her think it's okay. I just think there is so much more that RTG could be doing for that horse and staying off its back is one of them.

Erin456

I personally really love Life on the left rein! I think not only does Tina have a wonderful personality but she’s also absolutely stunning! And she takes such good care of all her animals who cares who she’s married to ? Love is love ! Just let her be happy fgs! Tina WE LOVE YOU don’t ever change !

hosslife

It’s also devastating that we have the highest rate of homelessness ever in the U.K. . So many people can’t afford to heat their homes or eat . So many others have lost a parent or both and have to cope on their own . Not everyone is gloriously privileged to have whatever they want and financial security . Instead of spending that money on a horse she hopes to compete one day ...how about actually helping others . Ya know from where her dad actually came from .

yes it’s sad losing a parent but it’s even more sad you think compensating a loss by buying your way into a sport is okay.
Jeez you should read your comments through again and still see if you are feeling ok. Its not down to them to solve world hunger nor up to you to judge what people spend their money on. Your comment was vile and uncalled for.
i also can guarantee that loosing a parent causes big trauma and if she has the money to get a horse she wants then go for it. Being happy for others is a great personality trait. You should try it. Jealousy will just make you bitter x

• Haha

horsey1234

I totally agree buying a ready made horse to get to the top.
Not being funny but this is how horse sport works, how it functions as an economy… Without selling horses Charlotte etc wouldn’t be able to do what they do. Horses are brought on by experienced producers and then sold on for profit. There’s nothing wrong with wanting a horse that knows it’s job. This is just an extreme example!

Reactions: 13

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
Can’t stand Erin Williams. Constantly posing with her arse sticking out. So much for a neutral pelvis when you ride :cautious:

Reactions: 13

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
At the end of the day CDJ is a professional horsewoman and business woman, money doesn’t grow on trees. She was probably given an offer that she couldn’t say no to. This was probably a head rather than heart decision and she must be gutted about losing the ride.
There are a lot of green eyed monsters on this thread that probably couldn’t ride a proper dressage movement even if they were put on Valegro.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Has anyone watched Erin's recent video with her new horse in Spain?

I don't know much about liberty horses/ liberty training but I found it quite hard to watch... he looks very tense and worried?! Isn't liberty supposed to be about harmony and relaxation?

I also think it sets a bad example to younger people/children watching for her to be handling a stallion she barely knows, in a style she is new to, without wearing a helmet, gloves or proper attire. We see the horse kick out multiple times in the video when he is confused at what is being asked of him... I'm worried when she gets him back to the UK she will be out of her depth (not knocking her per say but he doesn't exactly look like an easygoing stallion who will take it all in his stride) and she will be too focused on the aesthetics of it all that she'll get really hurt!

Reactions: 11

MyLittlePony25

VIP Member
I don’t want to come across like I am fat phobic. I was morbidly obese this time last year, I’ve worked hard to lose over 4st this year and I am still 1st overweight and I haven’t even gotten in the saddle yet, however desperate I am.
There is one thing riding riding whilst overweight but also getting a horse to jump whilst carrying you and 2st worth of tack, over a fence, however small, and not confident so whipping, spurring and flapping…well, you are putting your own happiness before your horses, to me. Get yourself to the doctors, get yourself a gym instructor and get yourself a better riding instructor to get you and your horse in better shape.
yes there are physical illnesses and mental illnesses that cause weight issues, but the least you can do is not jump your horse.
get lunge lessons so you don’t balance on your hands, get your horse and yourself fitter and healthier. If you cannot lose weight due to your medication/condition, at least get your horse fit and not jump it.

there.
I said it.
I’m donning a tin hat.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

purplefern124

Riding with Charlotte's new video of the course hire is horrendous.

Starting off when they're just warming up, the sitting trot in particular was awful, Vossi is trying to open his mouth to release pressure but is unable to do so because of the grackle, he also lifts his head to try and brace against the contact regularly and as seen at 8.45 and other moments twists his head to try and get away from the pressure. The tail swishing he does as well is another sign of discomfort.

Charlotte's position in sitting trot is awful, granted its quite difficult in a jump saddle which is why its not really a done thing, but because she is unable to sit the trot properly her body is completely out of alignment and she's ended up in a chair position with her upper body leaning even further back. All the sitting trot achieved with Vossi was to actually make him more hollow as he is uncomfortable and doesn't relax and work over his back properly.

The actual jumping is painful to watch. Charlotte gives so many mixed signals with her body and aids. Maybe this worked with previous horses she's had like Amber (?) who were more your point and kick horse but its definitely not working for a sensitive horse like Vossi.

First of all there is no rhythm at all. Charlotte rides in a hold and push style which doesn't suit Vossi. He needs to be able to be in a relaxed rhythm and its just not. Where are the placing poles, ground lines, etc... all the sort of things that would slow him down? Whilst I recognise that you don't have canter poles when you're out competing I think based on their last show they are a long way off from worrying about that. I honestly don't think they work as a partnership and don't trust each other and this shows in their jumping.

Further onto Charlotte. Her hands. Moments like 10.01 are horrendous. There was no reason for him to be sawed in the mouth like that. Funnily enough it ruined his rhythm, then she tried to fire him at the jump, and having just been socked in the mouth by her he refuses it. She often doesn't give very much over jumps either and I think on a horse so sensitive it is not helping.

However, whilst her hands are saying stop, her seat is pushing him forwards all the time with a sort of scooting motion instead of actually sitting in her seat properly. You can see a few strides out her literally firing him at the fences.

Also her legs are pushed forwards and braced against the stirrups. This is not a relaxed leg. Vossi will feel this tension and combined with the hands saying stop and the seat saying zoom must make for a very confused horse.

If her goal is to get round a British Novice BSJA, then I think she needs to go completely back to basics. There is no point trying to jump courses of height when the basics aren't there. Short, fun sessions is all he needs and completely back to something as simple as scatter poles. She needs lots of lunge lessons, probably not even on Vossi but to pay to go somewhere for that, to work on her position so she is as balanced and settled as she can be.

But of course lets post on our story about how the BSJA legal jumping baton is your best friend because that's going to create a horse who trusts you enough that you're going to work up to jumping anything of a good height out showjumping.

Reactions: 10

horsey1234

I actually really like Lucy. Yes she’s extremely fortunate but I don’t think she shoves it in our faces, and in reality she’s just as privileged and lucky as many other influencers out there. I think her videos are actually pretty interesting, the work she does with the Bloodhounds, hat cam footage, etc is nice and varied. She uploads when she has something interesting to upload and they aren’t 4 hours long either 😂. Meanwhile I feel like other people are constantly just repeating the same type of videos every time for the sake of uploading a video..

poppy2112

Her weight is an issue also.

Horses and ponies have weight limits. It’s awful to see so many bigger people on ex racers. These horses are not built for that. No one dare say anything because you are Fat shaming!

Loose weight people to benefit your horse or get a horse that can carry your weight.

Unpopular opinion but a factual one.
I cant agree any more with this!

I have two ex racers out of work currently because I feel too heavy!

My weight piled on due to medication in the summer so I stopped riding (they are capable of carrying me but just because they can doesnt mean they should!).
I would class myself as a well balanced kind rider too, definitely not a jabber!

The equestrian world is far to sensitive and ignorant to rider weight issues imo.

If you are over a certain weight then you need to very carefully consider the horse that has to carry you or, if indeed any should at all!

• Heart