Equestrian Influencers #8 Here for the fun and the Badders qualification..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm just going to say. Equi Drys are bloody brilliant. I've had one for a while now for work and never let me down

Reactions: 3
Reported?! Jesus, can we remember Meg is a human being with emotions? She had an emotional weekend and is still decompressing. I think the reel etc was in bad taste but to be reported and jeopardize her BE membership is a step too far.
Hats off to Tina! She seemed so much more emotionally regulating in her Bicton vlog. She rode so well and Banksy looked completely fit and ready for the job.

Reactions: 19
Reported?! Jesus, can we remember Meg is a human being with emotions? She had an emotional weekend and is still decompressing. I think the reel etc was in bad taste but to be reported and jeopardize her BE membership is a step too far.
Hats off to Tina! She seemed so much more emotionally regulating in her Bicton vlog. She rode so well and Banksy looked completely fit and ready for the job.
has someone from here reported Meg? I swear a rule of tattle is not to take it away from the thread or something

Reactions: 7
has someone from here reported Meg? I swear a rule of tattle is not to take it away from the thread or something

No, I’m aware of someone who has reported the Instagram posts because of the implication of critiquing the judge so openly. They are not a member on here I don’t think.

She won’t have her membership taken away, but it wouldn’t be out of order for her to be reminded of social media etiquette.

And Megan has created a series of posts criticising a qualified dressage judge which has led a bunch of numpties to calling that judge blind, questioning if they were marking the correct horse and making mean comments. All over a halt which wasn’t square anyway!

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
If I remember rightly there was a huge calling on here for Tina to be reported to BE when she openly criticised a steward on her Instagram, the same should go for Meg. I havent reported by the way I’ve got better things to do with my time. MYbe Meg should volunteer to dressage write at an event she could give something back to the sport & use this as a learning chance.

Reactions: 5
And what about the dressage judge/s how is it ok to slate them like she has? Saying your disappointed is one thing but to make a reel and to add pictures to prove a point that is wrong anyway is a step to far. The halt wasn’t the best and maybe was marked a bit harsh but theres no need to be a drama llama over it.

• Heart
I totally agree with this post. She’s allowed to be disappointed with her score, it’s not like other content creators haven’t ever said they felt they were marked harshly (Ashley Harrison for example often says judges don’t like Zeb and that’s why her dressage marks aren’t the best on him). She probably shouldn’t have made the IG story/post about it. But it’s feeling like a bit of witch hunt at this point. Yes, out of all of them she has the largest following and therefore has some responsibility/accountability regarding the sport she competes in. But yeah, she’s still just a person like the rest of us. And just from a mental standpoint, she had a horrific fall XC so maybe her head isn’t in the right place. It’s not like this is a common theme for her, so maybe give her a bit of slack.

If I remember rightly there was a huge calling on here for Tina to be reported to BE when she openly criticised a steward on her Instagram, the same should go for Meg. I havent reported by the way I’ve got better things to do with my time. MYbe Meg should volunteer to dressage write at an event she could give something back to the sport & use this as a learning chance.
I feel like that was a bit different as that was due to Tina not reading/knowing the rules. Not saying Meg is in the right. But completely different situation.

Sorry for the bad screenshots but how can you look back at yourself and think this looks ok 😔 That poor horse.
67D8C898-50A7-44A3-9124-FAC954A58A72.jpeg
C2BF25F4-2839-4FA2-9260-52C83731F15F.jpeg
E6F88582-F08F-470E-B86D-E853D14243AC.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
Tina has broken some rules if I'm not mistaken on a few occasions too.

I don't see an issue with Meg disputing her score. I'm not sure how " When you get a 6.5 for your halt, with the comment 'not square' but the slow motion says otherwise' is "slating" a judge. She felt it was square, it was slightly off and people have told her so. She hasn't been nasty. Just that she felt they were wrong and she's entitled to voice an opinion. I suspect she's tired and sore too and it's made her feel it a little harder. Not like she accosted the judge in the car park and had a go. Reporting her to BE is overkill.
I've seen other riders say alot worse tbh and professional ones at that. Who hasn't sat there and bitched about a score post test?

Reactions: 15
I'm not a fan of the reel that was posted but Meg is entitled to be disappointed with the score. Her halt wasn't perfect but it also wasn't terrible, I've witnessed horses with far worse halts being awarded alot higher marks and have also heard several BE judges state they've given a better mark because they liked the breed of horse or the rider etc etc.

If you want to look this from a different point of view, this was a qualifier for Badminton and every combination has the right to be marked to the same standards and fairly and the majority of competitors have spent alot of time and money preparing for the event. IF the judge has marked a test harshly, unfairly or given low scores because they don't like the person or breed of horse then BE 100% need to look into it as it's not acceptable and shouldn't happen. Maybe highlighting this on social media will lead to improvements being made that benefit all competitors

Reactions: 6
If I recall correctly, she said one judge gave her 61/2% and one gave her about 68%. Over the course of a whole test, a difference of 0.5 on each movement can add up to this kind of percentage differ. I would say 7% difference really isn’t that unusual/beyond the realms of possibility. The judges sit in different positions and see very different things. The judge at the side gets a much better view of the frame-I don’t know if that was the one that judged lower, but Jam isn’t blessed with a long neck and she can look tight in the neck at times.

All in all-a 7% difference really isn’t that enormous and I am sure isn’t a reflection of bad judging/favouritism/not liking grey ponies, it’s just the judge didn’t feel that what they saw in front of them warranted higher marks. I agree that Meg really hasn’t covered herself in glory with this one, I’m a big fan of hers but this hasn’t reflected well on her!

Reactions: 1
I'm not a fan of the reel that was posted but Meg is entitled to be disappointed with the score. Her halt wasn't perfect but it also wasn't terrible, I've witnessed horses with far worse halts being awarded alot higher marks and have also heard several BE judges state they've given a better mark because they liked the breed of horse or the rider etc etc.

If you want to look this from a different point of view, this was a qualifier for Badminton and every combination has the right to be marked to the same standards and fairly and the majority of competitors have spent alot of time and money preparing for the event. IF the judge has marked a test harshly, unfairly or given low scores because they don't like the person or breed of horse then BE 100% need to look into it as it's not acceptable and shouldn't happen. Maybe highlighting this on social media will lead to improvements being made that benefit all competitors
If she has a problem with the mark she needs to raise it at the event and discuss with the TA and TD and possibly ask the judge why she gave her that mark to learn from. Both were on site, very professional and stewards at FEI level as we. It's bad etiquette in my opinion overall.

The mark for that movement includes the half circle into the halt and not just the halt.

Speaking for several riders at Bicton, remember that the judge at E sees tests at a different angle. All of the riders I was with got dinged on accuracy marks by the E judge for example. We had up to 5% difference in marks between our C and E mark sheets.

And so what? Live and learn. We certainly did. For example we will now incorporate videoing at the E marker to compare what we can see from the C marker.

If people in the comments made harsh criticism then go down the post and report them too? 🙄 Save the reporting for horse abuse not someone voicing an opinion and giving video evidence to back up how they’re feeling. Again, I don’t think she should’ve posted it but reporting to BE is too much and sounds like someone with an agenda.

7% seems significant for FEI judges. I wonder what the average difference is?

Reactions: 3
Her posts have been reported to BE.
Woah! Do you have a personal vendetta against her?!
Why would you do such a thing?! Does it really matter that much to you that someone was disappointed about a score?! If you feel you've done better, it is a disappointment! People are allowed their opinions - as do you.
But reporting her isn't having your opinion. Reporting is cruelly trying to ruin somebody's life/livelihood for your own gain.
If anybody is neglecting a horse, report. If somebody is cheating at an event, report. Not for somebody disappointed with their dressage score! Her OWN dressage score... it's not like she's trying to change yours!!!

Woah! Do you have a personal vendetta against her?!
Why would you do such a thing?! Does it really matter that much to you that someone was disappointed about a score?! If you feel you've done better, it is a disappointment! People are allowed their opinions - as do you.
But reporting her isn't having your opinion. Reporting is cruelly trying to ruin somebody's life/livelihood for your own gain.
If anybody is neglecting a horse, report. If somebody is cheating at an event, report. Not for somebody disappointed with their dressage score! Her OWN dressage score... it's not like she's trying to change yours!!!
My post said her posts had been reported to BE, not that I reported them!

I'm just going to say. Equi Drys are bloody brilliant. I've had one for a while now for work and never let me down
what are they like to ride in? Or are they not for riding in. I can’t tell if they’d flap about or stay in place and Keep saddle dry, have been tempted by them

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.