Equestrian Influencers #8 Here for the fun and the Badders qualification..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like Tina went to to Bicton with her A-Game. When was the last time she had a top 10 placing? Luckily for her, it’s not far to travel. Wonder how Banksy will cope at Badmiton GR. He’s more than capable but he’ll be 17/18 by then. As game as he is I’m not sure he will cope with it.

I feel like Tina went to to Bicton with her A-Game. When was the last time she had a top 10 placing? Luckily for her, it’s not far to travel. Wonder how Banksy will cope at Badmiton GR. He’s more than capable but he’ll be 17/18 by then. As game as he is I’m not sure he will cope with it.
There are horses going round badminton and other top level events at 19, there is absolutely no reason why he won’t absolutely boss it.
He is the fittest I have seen him for a while, he looks on top form.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Have you seen Classic Moet? She’s 19 and a cross country machine. Never understand why people write horses off in their mid to late teens.

Reactions: 16
Regardless of the fact 17/18 is not too old, isn’t he currently 15? And Badminton is in 6 months time….?

Reactions: 4
I disagree. Banksy is well cared and looked after well. 17/18 isn’t old at all - my horse is 23 and still hunts!

Reactions: 8
Thinking that horses are past their prime once in their late teens is such an old way of thinking. Look at Emily’s Sprite!

Reactions: 9
In what way won’t he cope? Tina doesn’t hammer him so unless he is unlucky he will still be going at 17/18 which isn’t for a couple of years yet. As long as Tina keeps her nerves at bay both will cope just fine espicially if she knuckles down over this winter like she did last winter. I may not be her biggest fan as she is a bit OTT and screechy for my liking credit where credit is due she had done well to qualify for the grassroots championships.

Reactions: 8
Banksy is only 14/15 so he is still young enough and even at 18/19/20 he will still be able as long as he stays sound. Tina is very careful about the ground she rides on too. Banksy is more than capable and if Tina can control her nerves, they will be very competitive. She is a very good rider when she is able to ground herself and not let anxiety take over. I hope she really works on it over winter and has a great season next year.

Reactions: 5
Tina has always been precious about Banksy's feet and legs so I would expect he will be another Sprite

Reactions: 4
Do you think someone should do a wiki type thing for these equestrian threads? So something's things don't get rehashed?

Reactions: 3
Do you reckon a judge could be biased based on who they’re judging?

I always wonder if it happens at professional level however, a judge has got to be horsey to be doing what they’re doing, and therefore some of them are going to have heard of those plastering themselves all over social media as it’s pretty hard to avoid on Instagram, even those I don’t follow are always coming up as suggested posts. If you were a judge and you or your child or your friend etc saw some content where marking was getting critiqued, could that sub consciously make you judge harsher or better?

That was a lot of waffle but hopefully I got my thinking across 🙈

Reactions: 2
Have to say I think Meg was under marked on both counts. I'm not saying she deserved a 22 or anything but I don't think Jam should have been mid 30s. And there is a bias towards warmbloods often. I've sat in car with judges who state as much. Shouldn't happen but it does. That fence 2 she fell at looks like a big boxy thing I wouldn't want to hit that fresh into a course either .

Reactions: 2
Have to say I think Meg was under marked on both counts. I'm not saying she deserved a 22 or anything but I don't think Jam should have been mid 30s. And there is a bias towards warmbloods often. I've sat in car with judges who state as much. Shouldn't happen but it does. That fence 2 she fell at looks like a big boxy thing I wouldn't want to hit that fresh into a course either .
I agree with the whole comment

I think Han definitely needs an award for Best Groom! What a hard worker - evident in both the Bicton vlogs this evening, she really has been ace behind the scenes.

Weather and conditions looked challenging for sure.

Reactions: 9
The halt isn’t square though?!
This!! I’m a huge fan of Meg, but the judge at B/E would see that she isn’t square behind. I didn’t think it was Jam’s best test, she is built a bit short in the neck and normally looks softer than she did at Bicton

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.