Equestrian Influencers #8 Here for the fun and the Badders qualification..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
what are they like to ride in? Or are they not for riding in. I can’t tell if they’d flap about or stay in place and Keep saddle dry, have been tempted by them
Leg straps and zip for sides of leg so it drapes naturally. They can be ridden in

Reactions: 2
Reported?! Jesus, can we remember Meg is a human being with emotions? She had an emotional weekend and is still decompressing. I think the reel etc was in bad taste but to be reported and jeopardize her BE membership is a step too far.
Hats off to Tina! She seemed so much more emotionally regulating in her Bicton vlog. She rode so well and Banksy looked completely fit and ready for the job.
At the end of the day, Meg has made the judges decision a problem by making a pathetic feel out of it that is going to get her views up on SM. Yes she’s only human, and so are we, just because she is an “influencer” it doesn’t give her the right to carry on about her score online, as mentioned a million times, if she had an issue with it at the time then she should have seen the judges about it, overall the horse wasn’t square, end of. Meg obviously has put it on SM for some reason, but childish and spoilt, and she would have carried on about it whether she had the fall or not. You don’t see professional riders make a childish reel out of there scores they are unhappy with do you.

Reactions: 11
I watched Tina’s vlog last night. Her and Banksy did incredibly well and they deserve every success. She truly adores that horse and rightly so.
I found the meet and greet part of the vlog a bit cringey but in fairness to Tina, she conducted herself really well on the parts she showed and her interactions with the children were lovely. For the first time ever, I found Megs little cameo appearances in the vlog very annoying. She seemed very full of herself and like she was some kind of celebrity. Get a grip Meg.
I know I’ve said it before, but I find Cameron insufferable. Does anyone know how old he is? He likes the sound of his own voice far too much.

Sorry for the bad screenshots but how can you look back at yourself and think this looks ok 😔 That poor horse. View attachment 1680340View attachment 1680341View attachment 1680342
The weight going through that horses back on landing doesn’t bare thinking about. How anyone thinks this is ok I really don’t know.
It’s the usual ‘I have every right to ride and do what I like, regardless of my size.’
The reality is that this is abuse.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I watched Tina’s vlog last night. Her and Banksy did incredibly well and they deserve every success. She truly adores that horse and rightly so.
I found the meet and greet part of the vlog a bit cringey but in fairness to Tina, she conducted herself really well on the parts she showed and her interactions with the children were lovely. For the first time ever, I found Megs little cameo appearances in the vlog very annoying. She seemed very full of herself and like she was some kind of celebrity. Get a grip Meg.
I know I’ve said it before, but I find Cameron insufferable. Does anyone know how old he is? He likes the sound of his own voice far too much.

The weight going through that horses back on landing doesn’t bare thinking about. How anyone thinks this is ok I really don’t know.
It’s the usual ‘I have every right to ride and do what I like, regardless of my size.’
The reality is that this is abuse.
And if you say otherwise you are fat shaming and bullying. Owning and riding horses is a privilege not a right so we owe it to them to look after them to the best of our abilities and riding a horse you are to big for is abuse. Espcially when the horse is also obese and lame. If RTG was what 10 stone which a healthy sound Pepper could easily carry and Pepper was emaciated and RTG was riding her people would be up in arms and no one would sponsor her or send her products in exchange for a reel/story/mention on youtube. Fat horses should be seen as much of a welfare issue as an underweight horse amd we also need to stop this whole we need to be inclusive when it’s detrimental to the horse.

Reactions: 8
Actually pisses me off so much that Bed Down support RTG as they stock it in my local feed/tack shop and I would so much rather use it than other stuff they have, but I flat out refuse to spend my money on them. Bastards

Reactions: 9
Feel sorry for Jess. If she carries on pushing that ankle she will be out the saddle for a very long time.

Reactions: 2
Oof that little pic of Megs fall on Jam does look nasty. Looks like she fell on landing and thank goodness quite a way from the fence and not rotational. I see she's off for X rays.
I think XC falls are honestly the worst. They can really damage confidence

Why oh why is FrankiesPonies mother allowing her children to go cross country schooling without a body protector on? Especially after one of them had a rotational fall this time last year. There is a reason you usually cannot go schooling anywhere in just an air vest. When someone is an adult they can take their own risks. But they are all children.
She is wearing an air jacket

No, but they are giving it a good lead up, so it better be big :)
I just hope it's not a BA or sponsorship job...
In fairness to Ashley she doesn't tend to do sponsorships and advertising and she works very hard. I wouldn't mind seeing the odd thing from her as I have a feeling they'd make it entertaining rather than "Here's the same bottle of yfood I've shown you all 500 times in exactly the same way"
She did say when she put Maximus' sale video up that things have been changing for her and she's having a challenging time so maybe this will help her out. I'm not against that when she puts so much effort into the filming and editing of her vlogs to make them entertaining.

Reactions: 6
You're not supposed to wear an air jacket on its own, it's supposed to be in addition to a body protector.
Correct but not everyone does so.....

You only need to look at Bubby Uptons social media when she is XC schooling at home just wearing an air jacket.

She did have a fall late last year I believe at home XC schooling and I do wonder if her not wearing the appropriate safety gear contributed to her injuries then. Luckily for her she could go to the Injured Jockeys for rehab and recovery...

Correct but not everyone does so.....

You only need to look at Bubby Uptons social media when she is XC schooling at home just wearing an air jacket.

She did have a fall late last year I believe at home XC schooling and I do wonder if her not wearing the appropriate safety gear contributed to her injuries then. Luckily for her she could go to the Injured Jockeys for rehab and recovery...
Difference is, Bubby Upton is an adult and knows the risks. Those kids are kids. And one of them had a rotational last year where her horse landed on her. That's why body protectors are mandatory at XC and lots of XC venues. They protect your organs in a crush injury.

Reactions: 4
Oof that little pic of Megs fall on Jam does look nasty. Looks like she fell on landing and thank goodness quite a way from the fence and not rotational. I see she's off for X rays.
I think XC falls are honestly the worst. They can really damage confidence
Where is there a pic please?

Difference is, Bubby Upton is an adult and knows the risks. Those kids are kids. And one of them had a rotational last year where her horse landed on her. That's why body protectors are mandatory at XC and lots of XC venues. They protect your organs in a crush injury.
I wasn't advocating for wearing air jacket only - merely that kids will see these things on social media from professional riders.

In my opinion, if you're wearing an air jacket, you should be wearing a body protector already.

OK I used to like Meg. Not so sure after watching Bicton Part 2. She's totally using her fall to make money. Using it almost as click bait and literally leaving footage of it until the last second of a 25min vlog. Unlike Ashley Harrison when she had her bad fall at her first 4*. Meg's totally cashing in off it now, stretching the 3DE out between so many vlogs (it's not bloody badminton!) and leaving a big cliff hanger etc 😡

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.