Equestrian Influencers #8 Here for the fun and the Badders qualification..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I understand that Meg needs sponsors to continue uploading quality vlogs - but the Equidry/YFood mentions in her Bicton vlog were just a bit overkill for me. It feels a bit like marketing overload when I watch the VE squad's content and it makes me question their authenticity (I'm sure they really do love the products but it doesn't sit right when it's at the centre of every vlog). Having the event paid for by a sponsor to then go and bash the judges on Instagram, and post two screenshots of how much your new camera equipment costs just doesn't sit right.

This is why I enjoy content from the likes of Holly Lenahan and Ashley Harrison - no ads, minimal gadgets and a professional attitude at events.

P.S - Does anyone know if Shires still sponsor Meg?

Reactions: 4
She hasn't mentioned shires for a few years now.
I agree this is not a good look for Meg. I do quite like her usually but she's missed the mark here.
I can't pretend I know a lot about dressage but I can see her halt isn't square.

I know nothing about dressage so won't comment on the halt but is she shooting herself in the foot slagging off a judge ?
Could it possibly affect future judging/scores ? I know dressage judges aren't exactly ten a penny. So could they possibly be harsher for other tests ?

Anyone else cringe at the FEI and horse and country tv comments on her post? She’s basically judge bashing when the judge had a moment to mark her. I really don’t think it’s fair, especially if the whole event was marked in a similar way.
Looks so unprofessional. Especially as we have no more context than the mark and a video. Was it thw judge at c gave her an 8/9 for her “square” halt and the other one who coupd see she wasn’t quite square behind marked her a 6.5. I think 6.5 is a little harsh as she wasn’t out by much but Meg is being a drama llama and making a big deal out of nothing.

Reactions: 3
I understand that Meg needs sponsors to continue uploading quality vlogs - but the Equidry/YFood mentions in her Bicton vlog were just a bit overkill for me. It feels a bit like marketing overload when I watch the VE squad's content and it makes me question their authenticity (I'm sure they really do love the products but it doesn't sit right when it's at the centre of every vlog). Having the event paid for by a sponsor to then go and bash the judges on Instagram, and post two screenshots of how much your new camera equipment costs just doesn't sit right.

This is why I enjoy content from the likes of Holly Lenahan and Ashley Harrison - no ads, minimal gadgets and a professional attitude at events.

Exactly this! She’s such a spoilt little brat. She’s sponsored by big brands, has everything anyone could wish for, has already qualified for Badminton next year, has her events paid for, her mother drives her to every competition, her friend Hannah pretty much grooms for her, and she Carrie’s on about a mark in her dressage test that a judge has scored her on. I’m sorry but this has made me so wild….. Some people just don’t know how lucky they actually are.

Reactions: 9
Meg’s reel makes her come across as a sore loser. I appreciate she had a mixed weekend but she’s achieved something a lot of us can only dream of by getting 2 horses to Badminton and now she’s publicly moaning about the judges over something pretty trivial. It’s hardly as if she’s been given a 2. The mark is not just the halt it’s the 1/2 circle, trot to G and halt. So we’re looking at more than just legs being in the right place here..
This!!! She won prize money and qualified for bladders! And can’t stop moaning. Girl doesn’t know she’s born!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Yeah I did a big eye roll at her ‘£1k’ on camera equipment. Boo-bleeping-hoo… wish I had 1k in the bank 😂

Reactions: 8
The thing with the dressage score is it actually doesn’t matter. It’s not as if a better mark for that halt would’ve allowed her to qualify in the 100 with Jam because she had the fall anyway (people saying “I hope it’s in the vlog” on insta - I hope it isn’t to be honest. It sounds traumatic!). Jam isn’t a dressage pony - she is just too short and tense in the neck. Meg rides her well but then again, Meg is a very accurate rider. I do feel for Meg because Bicton was obviously a HUGE rollercoaster of emotions for her (like eventing always is but to have a bad fall at fence 2 on your top horse and then have to carry on with your other in sj… I can only imagine the toll on her mentally). I think she has completely missed the mark with the halt thing and it’s painting her in a bad light.

Exactly this! She’s such a spoilt little brat. She’s sponsored by big brands, has everything anyone could wish for, has already qualified for Badminton next year, has her events paid for, her mother drives her to every competition, her friend Hannah pretty much grooms for her, and she Carrie’s on about a mark in her dressage test that a judge has scored her on. I’m sorry but this has made me so wild….. Some people just don’t know how lucky they actually are.

Then finishes it off at it’s another moan about buying camera equipment?? She is on a roll!

Reactions: 1
If Meg had an issue with her marks she should of out her money down at the time and put an official complaint in. Her profession would be classed as social media influencer type person, so that makes judge bashing worse! I’m sure every rider has had a day they don’t agree with a mark or placing. You moan about it with the people you are with on the way home and move on to the next event. There maybe certain judges you will try not to go under again if you feel particularly hard done by 😆.

Reactions: 5
OMG Cameron!! His commentary over Megs second test. So arrogant. "Too many steps too many steps...how many was it meant to be"? Well if you don't even know how can you say it's too many?!
Just don't get why these people think he's any good as an instructor.

Reactions: 5
OMG Cameron!! His commentary over Megs second test. So arrogant. "Too many steps too many steps...how many was it meant to be"? Well if you don't even know how can you say it's too many?!
Fully agree. He comes across as so arrogant and obnoxious. He also massively contradicts himself sometimes and I find it so annoying how he says the SAME thing to every rider. Surely they don’t all have the same problem that can be fixed in the same way. I think being a part of H&C and now the VE Squad, he’s got too big for his boots.

Was that the 90cm or 100cm test? It sure if it’s the same one I did but I did a long arena 90cm and it was 3-5steps of walk.

Her posts have been reported to BE.
Good. You can’t be like ‘this is my job’ and act so unprofessionally. In a corporate job you would be shown the door

edited to add. I’m not a Meg basher. I watch all her vlogs. I love that she reps the Connie breed and shows you don’t need a warm blood. But her behaviour since Bicton has left a bad taste in my mouth

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Her posts have been reported to BE.
Good!! How do you know? Imagine if her membership was revoked haha

Good. You can’t be like ‘this is my job’ and act so unprofessionally. In a corporate job you would be shown the door
Can you imagine! Marched straight to an office with multiple HR people around!

F9C3EB4E-809C-4C67-B07C-92C5B878FA8D.png

This is so cringe! What are THE FEI doing!?!?!? imagine if it was one of their judges, it could be one of their judges!

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
“I’ve spent a thousand pounds on camera equipment - see what I do for you lot?” Weird…

Why oh why is FrankiesPonies mother allowing her children to go cross country schooling without a body protector on? Especially after one of them had a rotational fall this time last year. There is a reason you usually cannot go schooling anywhere in just an air vest. When someone is an adult they can take their own risks. But they are all children.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.