Equestrian Influencers #4 I’ve got 99 numnahs but my saddle doesn’t fit my bum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pepper is defo short stepping with that left hind, poor mite. RTG’s riding wasn’t helping either though I’m interested in whatever ball things she used!!

Reactions: 3
RTG- if you are reading this, your horse is lame behind. It’s got nothing to do with you not pushing her, or you putting more weight in one stirrup, or whatever other excuse you want to make so you can carry on riding it. It’s lame. Get off her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I am horrified after watching the latest video of RTG. That poor horse looks so uncomfortable!

Have the people commenting saying she looks amazing lost their marbles?

Reactions: 8
RTG- if you are reading this, your horse is lame behind. It’s got nothing to do with you not pushing her, or you putting more weight in one stirrup, or whatever other excuse you want to make so you can carry on riding it. It’s lame. Get off her.
I think she’s just being completely ignorant at this point. Shame on the instructor here how can you not see the horse is lame 😒

Reactions: 4
Claire Colvins horse Jade is also looks lame behind on their latest YouTube vid.
Doesn't look good in the showjumping and looks pretty bloody uncomfortable trotting over the XC finishing line 😔

Reactions: 5
I am horrified after watching the latest video of RTG. That poor horse looks so uncomfortable!

I don’t think the majority of followers are horse owners/riders
I think they will be people who dream of owning a horse etc

Reactions: 2
Ah there's another lame one... Clare's Jade is definitely not sound behind. And again, not being picked up by friends, dressage judges etc?!

Reactions: 3
As much as she has worked extremely hard because it's not just being plopped on a ready made horse and not having to know how to ride it.. It does prove you can buy your way to the top. Happy for her, because it's clear she wants it and she still had to work at it even if she was given a large step up to where she is. We have to remember the difference between her and us is the same as the difference between us horse owners and the people who would give anything to have their own horse at all.
But even ruby Hughes who is born into a horsey family is reserve ?!?! Yes annabella is a great rider that’s clear to see but she has been bought her way to the top and that’s really really sad to see for the ones who can’t do that.
Id take Abi Lyle who came from a non horsey back ground and worked her way from the bottom up Any day Over someone who is bought everything she clicks her fingers at.

Jade is definitely not sound behind! And why are Claire’s hands always so high? If her and Joanna are such good friends why isn’t Joanna telling her. And spurs? And why the need for nasal strips at an 80. I understand Joanna’s reasoning with the COPD/respiratory issue.
I’m not watching the vlogs anymore, it’s so fake so are their Instagram pages. There is always a reason why neither of their horses do fantastic dressage scores. Oh it’s too windy, it’s too wet, it’s too sunny. Maybe if you both were pro- active in improving it then you might succeed.
Sorry ranting!

Reactions: 5

I’m suprised the one saying she is lame hasn’t been deleted, Ray has just come back with her crappy attitude when it’s clear ti see that horse while isn’t dog lame isn’t right. But when you have someone that weight using your back as a trampoline I’m not surprised she isn’t 100%. Being so upside down doesn’t help either, her front and back end look almost unconnected she’s going round that badly.
Yes annabella that’s what happens when you buy **sorry get bought ** ready made gp horses and have gp riders ride them you get selected over people who have actually worked to get their way to the top.
I’m pretty sure she has another one at GP. Not sure if if was trained up to GP by her ore someone else though. And what is she representing? She’s not that old is she so it won’t be senior teams will it?

Reactions: 1
I’m pretty sure she has another one at GP. Not sure if if was trained up to GP by her ore someone else though. And what is she representing? She’s not that old is she so it won’t be senior teams will it?
[/QUOTE]
either juniors or young riders - i’m not sure how old she is but i can imagine it’s young riders

either juniors or young riders - i’m not sure how old she is but i can imagine it’s young riders
[/QUOTE]
Shes what, 17? I don't think she's 18 yet. And I've read some horrid commentary about her. I'm sorry, it might be unpopular, but she's a talented little rider, she's clearly passionate about the sport, and people crap on her because she comes from a rich family who can afford to buy her made horses to compete, like they wouldn't give a limb to be in that situation, especially when they were a horse mad teenager. She's a kid. You can buy all the made horses in the world but if you can't actually ride it you're not getting anywhere, did Katie Price teach us nothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Clare colvin throwing a fit on her Instagram stories and crying about 1 comment on her video.
No idea if she's read here too but it sounds like it as she's refering to "trolls" multiple.
No mention of Jade's lameness though. Just feel sorry for me. My mental health can't take posting videos and photos online. Said she's going to stop using the account. Procedes to post more videos on her stories.
I don't think anyone has been horrible about her at all from what I've seen. She seems like a nice enough girl. There was 1 comment questioning her hand position I think on the video that she posted on her stories? And the rest on here saying Jade was clearly lame behind.

Personally I think it would be terrifying to go out on a horse like Pumpkin and have that level of expectation on you to do well. It's like Annabella can't win - she's slated when she does well for having had the money to buy the horse, but I'm sure there would be just as many comments if she hadn't been selected for the teams, or made a mistake in a test etc.

I don't see anything wrong with buying schoolmasters or buying young horses and having them produced for you, especially at the age of 17/18 - why should she have to be producing her own horses already?? Does it not count as working her way up that she's up at 5.30 each morning to train, before going to school and getting straight A's?

Reactions: 17
But even ruby Hughes who is born into a horsey family is reserve ?!?! Yes annabella is a great rider that’s clear to see but she has been bought her way to the top and that’s really really sad to see for the ones who can’t do that.
Id take Abi Lyle who came from a non horsey back ground and worked her way from the bottom up Any day Over someone who is bought everything she clicks her fingers at.
I agree with you. I did say it's prime example that you can buy your way to the top. it shouldn't discount all her hard work too though as there'd be no point buying her all the stuff if she wasn't willing to put the work in

Clare colvin throwing a fit on her Instagram stories and crying about 1 comment on her video.
No idea if she's read here too but it sounds like it as she's refering to "trolls" multiple.
No mention of Jade's lameness though. Just feel sorry for me. My mental health can't take posting videos and photos online. Said she's going to stop using the account. Procedes to post more videos on her stories.
I don't think anyone has been horrible about her at all from what I've seen. She seems like a nice enough girl. There was 1 comment questioning her hand position I think on the video that she posted on her stories? And the rest on here saying Jade was clearly lame behind.
Oh the drama of it from one fairly tame comment. People are allowed to have an opinion. If one comment is going to upset her then maybe it’s best if she does “take a break”. Although, we all know these “breaks” are just for effect/sympathy, they all come running back just hours later!

Jade is definitely not sound behind! And why are Claire’s hands always so high? If her and Joanna are such good friends why isn’t Joanna telling her. And spurs? And why the need for nasal strips at an 80. I understand Joanna’s reasoning with the COPD/respiratory issue.
I’m not watching the vlogs anymore, it’s so fake so are their Instagram pages. There is always a reason why neither of their horses do fantastic dressage scores. Oh it’s too windy, it’s too wet, it’s too sunny. Maybe if you both were pro- active in improving it then you might succeed.
Sorry ranting!
They have both admitted in the past that they don't like to school for this or that reason. I thought the comment she shared wasn't that bad. Maybe it is best she doesn't post if such a sensible comment can rough her up that much.

I find it interesting that the comment about Pepper being lame hasn't been deleted. I wonder what makes that one different from the many many others.

Oh the drama of it from one fairly tame comment. People are allowed to have an opinion. If one comment is going to upset her then maybe it’s best if she does “take a break”. Although, we all know these “breaks” are just for effect/sympathy, they all come running back just hours later!
I do feel bad for her though. Whilst people are entitled to their own opinion, if someone is visibly upset I think we should feel some empathy for her? She’s not a horse abuser and takes good care of her horse. Whilst some might think she’s over reacting, I’m sure a lot of us would also feel quite upset to read things about us online. I know the next argument is ‘that’s what you sign up for’, and whilst I’m not disputing that’s the world of social media, I think we should remember to have a bit of compassion for people and not be so cold. I know this site is for gossip, but I think it would more respected if people kept things in perspective.
P.s. I replied to your comment but this isn’t just directed at you lol!

So I've gone to look at the vlog. From the sounds of it there was a busy warmup which was slippy because it just tipped it down. Claire was obviously going to be nervous as it is her first BE and if the horse is tense that can sometimes set the rider's nerves off and it becomes a vicious circle. She is bracing a bit but not horrifically and she certainly shouldn't be upset over someone pointing it out as it's not actually that bad. I think she may have placed too much expectation on herself and Jade comparing them to Johanna and Blondie.
All in all not fully Claire's fault and not fully Jade's. Just one of those things when it comes to competing.

As I watch more, she's a nicer rider than she probably gives herself credit for! It's a shame about Jade being off behind as I think that also contributed. She was struggling to meet her strides in the SJ as Claire definitely looked to be seeing strides and Jade wasn't able to meet them all. I still think if comments that aren't even mean upset her as much as it did it is probably best for her to step back from posting, but I think she actually might regret not vlogging her experiences if not just to keep for herself.

Last edited:
So I've gone to look at the vlog. From the sounds of it there was a busy warmup which was slippy because it just tipped it down. Claire was obviously going to be nervous as it is her first BE and if the horse is tense that can sometimes set the rider's nerves off and it becomes a vicious circle. She is bracing a bit but not horrifically and she certainly shouldn't be upset over someone pointing it out as it's not actually that bad. I think she may have placed too much expectation on herself and Jade comparing them to Johanna and Blondie.
All in all not fully Claire's fault and not fully Jade's. Just one of those things when it comes to competing.

As I watch more, she's a nicer rider than she probably gives herself credit for! It's a shame about Jade being off behind as I think that also contributed. She was struggling to meet her strides in the SJ as Claire definitely looked to be seeing strides and Jade wasn't able to meet them all. I still think if comments that aren't even mean upset her as much as it did it is probably best for her to step back from posting, but I think she actually might regret not vlogging her experiences if not just to keep for herself.
I find this type of post/comment so much more constructive than posts just tearing people down. I think a lot of people post here out of concern (and a bit of nosiness😉) but forget that delivery is key because people are only human and someone is much more likely to read a post like this- that is fair and gives the rider the benefit of the doubt and credit where it’s due- and learn from it, than a harshly written critique that only accuses and belittles. I guess the difference lies in some people post out of concern/interest and others post just to get things off their chest which isn’t particularly constructive.

Okay, I’m done with my analysis now! Sorry everyone!😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.