Equestrian Influencers #4 I’ve got 99 numnahs but my saddle doesn’t fit my bum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who’s coming up with a new thread title then 😂

In ref to Anabella, absolutely no way would the majority of everyday riders be able to hop on a horse like Pumpkin and ride decent GP dressage moves. Yes she is privileged and it’s meant she can buy a schoolmaster, but she still has to work hard to get the best out of him. Not everyone is good at training young horses either, it’s a skill that a lot of riders just can’t master. I think she gets too much negative comments tbh and she’s a young girl.

Reactions: 14

In ref to Anabella, absolutely no way would the majority of everyday riders be able to hop on a horse like Pumpkin and ride decent GP dressage moves. Yes she is privileged and it’s meant she can buy a schoolmaster, but she still has to work hard to get the best out of him. Not everyone is good at training young horses either, it’s a skill that a lot of riders just can’t master. I think she gets too much negative comments tbh and she’s a young girl.
Charlotte would never have let Pumpkin go if she felt Annabella wasn’t capable of riding him. She clearly has the talent but no matter what she does someone will always have an opinion of her.

Reactions: 7
My bet is he’ll be lame and we won’t be told…. Or maybe we will so there can be tears that we are bullies for pointing out that perhaps a horse with reoccurring lameness shouldn’t be going to the beach

Reactions: 4
My bet is he’ll be lame and we won’t be told…. Or maybe we will so there can be tears that we are bullies for pointing out that perhaps a horse with reoccurring lameness shouldn’t be going to the beach
Then she’ll be gurning about the cost

Reactions: 3
What’s everyone’s thoughts on the SUKO vlogs? I’m actually enjoying Tina’s more than Megs. I think she’s upped her game with the Vlogging recently and it’s pretty impressive how quickly she gets them up seeing as she works as well.

I do find it odd that horse and country let them Vlog it. I’d be asking them not too if it was me or there’s nothing for people to watch the actual SUKO for.
I definitely won’t be bothering

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the SUKO vlogs? I’m actually enjoying Tina’s more than Megs. I think she’s upped her game with the Vlogging recently and it’s pretty impressive how quickly she gets them up seeing as she works as well.

I do find it odd that horse and country let them Vlog it. I’d be asking them not too if it was me or there’s nothing for people to watch the actual SUKO for.
The first series of SUKO was the ‘proper’ cameras recording them vlogging. Kinda like the other side of the camera sort of thing

Reactions: 2

They've actually been very limited with what they've been allowed to vlog this year. I personally really want to watch the series to see the exercises in full - for the amateur rider like me who can go home and copy!

Just catching up on the Clare thing...... "I'm taking a break" how many hours later and she's back on 😂 just for alllll the "eqfluencers"........ we aren't "trolls" and we aren't deeply unhappy within ourselves I'm afraid to tell you. That might not make sense but unfortunately, it's true. I love my life, I have wonderful things in it, I'm happy. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion! This is now just the standard response to receiving criticism on social media and it is Sooooo boring now. It's no different to walking into a show ring on your horse and getting placed poorly and the judge telling you why. But it's okay because you paid for that criticism? We're here giving it for free 😉 seriously though, this whole acting like a victim thing is awful. The crocodile tears and the "thank you so much for all the support and messages" when did people stop being able to take accept a bit of constructive critism? None of us are being horrible by pointing out that we think horses are overweight or lame or unhappy or whatever. We aren't attacking people here, we are thinking of the horses welfare and I tell you, I'd far rather have people say it as it is than have this toxic "I support you" bullshit because you wants likes and follows.

I do agree. But I still think there's a 'schoolmaster' and then there's an Olympic medal winning horse who's been ridden and trained by a gold medal winning rider, it's a whole other level of 'schoolmaster' imo.

• Heart
I do agree. But I still think there's a 'schoolmaster' and then there's an Olympic medal winning horse who's been ridden and trained by a gold medal winning rider, it's a whole other level of 'schoolmaster' imo.
Thank you I’m glad it’s not just me. A schoolmaster has won and done his / her time and is there to teach the future generation. Pumpkin had a price on his head and was bought for a little brat who’s mummy and daddy have money. Yes she works hard and yes she can ride no one is disputing that but if She wasn’t bought horse worth millions would she be on the team ? No! And we just have to hope when it comes to seniors it is different and it’s people who have earned their spot not ones who Have been bought it cos no one representing gb has bought their way there

Reactions: 1
Just as a side note, Annabelle has not been accepted for the Europeans on Gio. Also, her father has passed away so I do believe people should be considerate of that.

Reactions: 10
Thank you I’m glad it’s not just me. A schoolmaster has won and done his / her time and is there to teach the future generation. Pumpkin had a price on his head and was bought for a little brat who’s mummy and daddy have money. Yes she works hard and yes she can ride no one is disputing that but if She wasn’t bought horse worth millions would she be on the team ? No! And we just have to hope when it comes to seniors it is different and it’s people who have earned their spot not ones who Have been bought it cos no one representing gb has bought their way there
I think calling her a brat is a little harsh. She doesn’t come across as one to me at all. Is she privileged? Of course she is, but that doesn’t automatically make her a brat. Also pretty sure she was selected for teams prior to owning Pumpkin so that’s a bit of an invalid point to make. Pumpkin is just the next horse to elevate her in the dressage world.

Just as a side note, Annabelle has not been accepted for the Europeans on Gio. Also, her father has passed away so I do believe people should be considerate of that.
People are too quick to go on a witch hunt IMO. I think she’s a lovely rider and comes across as quite humble tbh. I get some are more privileged than others but we shouldn’t attack people just because their family has money.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think calling her a brat is a little harsh. She doesn’t come across as one to me at all. Is she privileged? Of course she is, but that doesn’t automatically make her a brat. Also pretty sure she was selected for teams prior to owning Pumpkin so that’s a bit of an invalid point to make. Pumpkin is just the next horse to elevate her in the dressage world.

People are too quick to go on a witch hunt IMO. I think she’s a lovely rider and comes across as quite humble tbh. I get some are more privileged than others but we shouldn’t attack people just because their family has money.
In total agreement, to me she comes across very grounded and acknowledges her privilege. I think people also need to remember, it is ultimately her guardians decision. I know if I was as financially stable as her and someone offered me fabulous horses to further develop my riding and help me achieve my goals I would jump at the chance!

Reactions: 8
In total agreement, to me she comes across very grounded and acknowledges her privilege. I think people also need to remember, it is ultimately her guardians decision. I know if I was as financially stable as her and someone offered me fabulous horses to further develop my riding and help me achieve my goals I would jump at the chance!
I also agree, her posts are always thanking those around her and she seems to know that without them it’d be so much more difficult! She trains the horses at stupid o’clock before school and is also the one to give them variety in their work, I know so many other riders who would just palm them hacking off to someone else

People are too quick to jump to conclusions when it comes to high ticket price horses and it pisses me off. This girl could well be a future Olympian. So why wouldn’t they buy a high calibre horse? And it’s also a disservice to Charlotte and her co-owner to imagine they’d just sell Pumpkin to the highest bidder.

Reactions: 9
Can I ask who you wanted him to be sold to? Who could he have gone to whereby when they went out and won, because Charlotte did a bloody good job, it wouldn’t have caused such a reaction?

Charlotte trains young horses up through the levels and with that comes selling when they’re at the top.

Suggested thread title -

Equine Influencers: Your 10% off code is like pissing in the wind

Or other title-

An Equine Influencers hiatus is about 3 hours.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.