Equestrian Influencers #4 I’ve got 99 numnahs but my saddle doesn’t fit my bum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People need to get over the fact that Charlotte sold Pumpkin. It’s a business, at the end of the day, and turning down incredible offers for horses would be insane. Charlotte sold her first proper dressage horse to buy a house. She’s not soft.
Annabelle is hugely privileged, no-one is denying that, but she was a talented rider before Pumpkin came along. The attitudes towards her stink of jealousy to be honest. Good luck to the girl, I certainly wouldn’t want the pressure of owning that horse and having everyone’s eyes on me, criticising my every move.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
People need to get over the fact that Charlotte sold Pumpkin. It’s a business, at the end of the day, and turning down incredible offers for horses would be insane. Charlotte sold her first proper dressage horse to buy a house. She’s not soft.
Annabelle is hugely privileged, no-one is denying that, but she was a talented rider before Pumpkin came along. The attitudes towards her stink of jealousy to be honest. Good luck to the girl, I certainly wouldn’t want the pressure of owning that horse and having everyone’s eyes on me, criticising my every move.
Yep, trained horse or not it takes talent and dedication to reach that level, and a lot of dedication that if she was a brat she wouldn’t be doing, she would be off drinking, holidaying and leaving her horses with grooms, she’s clearly not, go direct your jealousy at something else :)

Reactions: 11
Thank you I’m glad it’s not just me. A schoolmaster has won and done his / her time and is there to teach the future generation. Pumpkin had a price on his head and was bought for a little brat who’s mummy and daddy have money. Yes she works hard and yes she can ride no one is disputing that but if She wasn’t bought horse worth millions would she be on the team ? No! And we just have to hope when it comes to seniors it is different and it’s people who have earned their spot not ones who Have been bought it cos no one representing gb has bought their way there
I don’t agree with calling her a little brat? Unless you know her personally to be a begging ungrateful child but if not you’re seeing what I’m seeing from a digital world. She comes across as a hard working girl getting up at 5 every morning to study for A levels. Ride however many horses she has, travel to compete them etc. She seems to work very hard and be very grateful for what she has. Yes her parents are rich and she can buy whatever horse she wants in this world with that money but in this case, breakers aren’t her thing. She probably doesn’t want a project pony right now and she has her own goals and if she has the money to get to the top so be it, she still has to ride the horse to get there.
Do you expect her to go find a job in tesco to earn her own, buy a cheap project pony and ride as an ameteur? If you had the money, you would. Stop being spiteful and look at her as a girl who is still studying hard for her A levels despite how well she’s already set up financially. A girl who lost her father at a young age and grieving. Now compare her to Olivia Towers. Same opportunities. Still moaning and whinging she’s not going up the rank because she doesn’t put the work in. She always says she hasn’t practiced this part of the Grand Prix so not expecting a great score. Well I’m sorry, don’t expect sympathy then by crying your ridden career isn’t working out cos you’re not a hard worker and move over for the actual hard working riders. Annabelle is that. She may have a lot of help like grooms at her yard, Charlotte and Catherine’s help etc but she still has to have work ethic. Something Olivia Towers doesn’t have

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I don’t agree with calling her a little brat? Unless you know her personally to be a begging ungrateful child but if not you’re seeing what I’m seeing from a digital world. She comes across as a hard working girl getting up at 5 every morning to study for A levels. Ride however many horses she has, travel to compete them etc. She seems to work very hard and be very grateful for what she has. Yes her parents are rich and she can buy whatever horse she wants in this world with that money but in this case, breakers aren’t her thing. She probably doesn’t want a project pony right now and she has her own goals and if she has the money to get to the top so be it, she still has to ride the horse to get there.
Do you expect her to go find a job in tesco to earn her own, buy a cheap project pony and ride as an ameteur? If you had the money, you would. Stop being spiteful and look at her as a girl who is still studying hard for her A levels despite how well she’s already set up financially. A girl who lost her father at a young age and grieving. Now compare her to Olivia Towers. Same opportunities. Still moaning and whinging she’s not going up the rank because she doesn’t put the work in. She always says she hasn’t practiced this part of the Grand Prix so not expecting a great score. Well I’m sorry, don’t expect sympathy then by crying your ridden career isn’t working out cos you’re not a hard worker and move over for the actual hard working riders. Annabelle is that. She may have a lot of help like grooms at her yard, Charlotte and Catherine’s help etc but she still has to have work ethic. Something Olivia Towers doesn’t have
Nope 🙃

Hit the nail on the head!

Reactions: 3
Thank you I’m glad it’s not just me. A schoolmaster has won and done his / her time and is there to teach the future generation. Pumpkin had a price on his head and was bought for a little brat who’s mummy and daddy have money. Yes she works hard and yes she can ride no one is disputing that but if She wasn’t bought horse worth millions would she be on the team ? No! And we just have to hope when it comes to seniors it is different and it’s people who have earned their spot not ones who Have been bought it cos no one representing gb has bought their way there
WOW!! She is far from a brat, the poor girl is about to have to go through the one year anniversary of her dad passing away. I think she’s a mature well grounded young lady with plenty of talent. Charlotte selling her pumpkin has solidified the future of British Dressage by giving one of our best rising stars the chance to improve herself and one day be out there winning us more medals 🥇

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I've been lurking on this thread for ages but finally created an account!

Pumpkin isn't a school master at all, he's a competition horse in his prime, I don't think they are the same thing

Has anyone else been completely rubbed the wrong way by the stories Ellie Mccarthy, Erin etc have posted about "class" because they are drinking prosecco out of paper cups...on a private plane...

I'm also wondering what makes Erin's new swimwear line worth the price it is, there is no information on the production of the garments, whether the business is sustainable in any way etc

Reactions: 7

Pumpkin isn't a school master at all, he's a competition horse in his prime, I don't think they are the same thing

Has anyone else been completely rubbed the wrong way by the stories Ellie Mccarthy, Erin etc have posted about "class" because they are drinking prosecco out of paper cups...on a private plane...

I'm also wondering what makes Erin's new swimwear line worth the price it is, there is no information on the production of the garments, whether the business is sustainable in any way etc
Erin is so out of touch with reality here she is just about moving to another universe 😅 I will send her a sorry to see you go card but it won’t be genuine 😅

Reactions: 5
Just read on fresian horses yvonne has taken a nasty fall and in intensive care, so sad we get a tiny glimpse into their lives and realise that no matter who you are, how good you are at riding, one nasty fall can change your life. I hope yvonne is OK and has speedy recovery, as she has 2 young boys that need her. From the post that's been posted it's bad, so fingers crossed for her.

• Sad
Reactions: 5

Agreed. A top class horse will not necessarily remain a top class horse with a change of rider, just look at the very sad case of Totilas.

Reactions: 10
I want to scream at Emily to a) take her rings off and b) put some gloves on!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Watching Ems latest and Jonty seems like a great instructor. She seems to take great confidence from instructors like that, I hope Fred remains side lined

Reactions: 2
When is country grandeur going to make a comeback

Jenny Rudall is so rude to the girls. I know she wants to film and wrap production but she’s really really rude imo

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
WOW!! She is far from a brat, the poor girl is about to have to go through the one year anniversary of her dad passing away. I think she’s a mature well grounded young lady with plenty of talent. Charlotte selling her pumpkin has solidified the future of British Dressage by giving one of our best rising stars the chance to improve herself and one day be out there winning us more medals 🥇
Don’t talk shite best rising stars hilarious

Exactly this! Don’t hate on people who are privileged when they genuinely put effort in. It just smacks of jealousy. And she has to to be a certain calibre of rider to get results out of Pumpkin. I wonder how many of these negative nancies even know wha aids to apply to get Grand Prix movements. Can you perform pirouettes?

And I’ll reiterate a point I made earlier. Charlotte & her co-owner wouldn’t have sold Pumpkin to the highest bidder. It’s incredibly disrespectful to Charlotte to suggest otherwise

When is country grandeur going to make a comeback

Jenny Rudall is so rude to the girls. I know she wants to film and wrap production but she’s really really rude imo
She’s not rude at all? She has a schedule she needs to stick to and them arsing about vlogging puts the whole crew behind schedule. Lucy showed up an hour late the first day.

The girls made times run later and Jenny has a job to do at the end of the day. It’s literally her job to ensure things run smoothly and on time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.